← 返回任务列表

2004年股东大会 · 芒格:我认识的聪明人,没有一个不每天阅读

56 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 5:07
M1
M10:00

我叫 Oliver Krausser,来自 Austria 的 Vienna。

My name is Oliver Krausser and I'm from Vienna, Austria.

我学的是经济学,也读了大概四十本关于投资的书,我想成为像你们一样成功的投资人。

I have studied economics and I've read about 40 books about investing and want to be such a successful investor as you have been.

Buffett 先生和 Munger 先生,你们两位年轻的时候、手上可用于投资的资本比现在少得多,那时候要获得一些特别好的投资点子,最好的出版物都有哪些,才能像你们这样取得这么大的成功?

Mr. Buffett and Mr. Munger, when both of you were younger and had much less capital for investing, which publications were the best to get a few excellent investment ideas to be so successful?

还有,你们平均每周会花多少小时阅读公司相关的资料?

And how many hours per week on average did you spend reading about companies?

谢谢。

Thank you.
M2
M20:42

嗯,我们年轻的时候,我们花的时间——Charlie 大概跟现在比起来,花的时间要多得多。

Well, when we were younger, we spent— probably Charlie, compared to now, spent a lot more time.

我花的时间也多不少。

I spent a fair amount more time.

花在研究公司上。

Looking at companies.
M3
M30:56

不过我们会——

But we would—.
M2
M20:56

如果让我们重来一遍,我们基本上还是会用同样的方式再做一次。

If we were doing it over again, we would do it over again pretty much the same way.

我们会去看所有我们觉得自己能看懂的东西。

We would look at everything in sight that we thought we could understand.

这一点上,世界并没有变。

And the world hasn't changed in that respect.

现在这么做的人也许更多了,但现在可供研究的公司也多得多。

There may be some more people doing it, but there are a lot more companies to look at now.

我们会——我们会把所有能找到的、关于那些我们觉得自己能理解的企业和行业的材料,全都拿来读。

And we would— we would read everything in sight about the businesses and the industries we thought we could understand.

我们会找那些一眼看上去就觉得,相对于它的价值来说特别便宜的东西。

We would look for things that jumped out at us as being very cheap in relation to value.

而且我们会有一个巨大的优势,因为我们当时运作的资本要少得多,这就意味着潜在可选的投资点子范围会大得多。

And we would have one enormous advantage because we would be working with far less capital, which means the universe of potential ideas would be far greater.

但在我看来,现在分析证券这件事,和五十年前相比,并没有什么不同。

But there's nothing different, in my view, about analyzing securities now than it was 50 years ago.
M3
M31:49

Charlie?

Charlie?

对,我们读很多,也想很多。

Yeah, we read a lot and we thought a lot.

我不认识任何一个真正有智慧的人是不大量阅读的。

I don't know anybody who is wise who doesn't read a lot.

但另一方面,光靠这个也不够。

And on the other hand, that alone won't do it.

你还得有一种性格,真的,就是那种能抓住正确想法的性格。

You have to have a temperament, really, which grabs the correct ideas.

而且还得能拿这些想法去做点什么。

And does something with those ideas.

我觉得大多数读很多书的人,都没有这种必要的性格,所以他们抓住的是错误的想法,或者干脆就是被海量材料搞糊涂了。

And I think most people who read a lot don't have the necessary temperament, and they grab the wrong ideas, or they're simply confused by the mass of material.

当然,那样是行不通的。

And of course, that won't work.
M2
M22:31

这里面大概有种东西——Phil Carret 以前说过,叫做 money mind,而我会把它叫做 business mind。

There's probably something— Phil Carret used to talk about having a money mind, and I would call it a business mind.

你知道,有些人就算 IQ 一模一样,也会更适合这个,或者更适合那个。

And, you know, there are people that are better with, you know, identical IQs, that are better adapted for one than the other.

而性格是最最重要的。

And the temperament is all-important.

我是说,如果你连自己都控制不住,那不管你在这个过程中带来了多高的智力,最后都会出大问题。

I mean, if you can't control yourself, no matter what intellect you bring to the process, you're going to have disasters.

我和 Charlie 已经一个接一个地见过太多这样的人了——

And Charlie and I have seen one after another that—.
M3
M33:03

对。

Yeah.
M2
M23:06

这不是一种需要非凡智力的生意。

It's not a business that requires extraordinary intellect.

它确实需要非凡的纪律性,而这本来不该那么难。

It does require extraordinary discipline, and that shouldn't be so difficult.

但是我有时候放眼看看这个世界,显然这还真是相当难。

But as I look around the world sometimes, it apparently is quite difficult.

我的意思是,几年前整个世界在投资这件事上都有点疯了,你会对自己说,这种事怎么会发生呢?

I mean, the whole world went a little mad a few years back in terms of investments, and you say to yourself, how could that happen?

难道他们一点都没从前面的那些事情里学到教训吗?

Don't they learn anything from the earlier ones?

但是,你知道,我们从历史中学到的一点就是,人们不会从历史中吸取教训。

But, but, you know, what we learn from history is that people don't learn from history.

而且你在金融市场里,当然是一直都能看到这一点。

And you certainly see that in financial markets all the time.

顺便说一句,你刚才提到了书。

Incidentally, you mentioned books.

Charlie,你今年没有推荐什么书吗?

Charlie, you didn't recommend any books this year?
M3
M33:49

嗯,有一本我特别喜欢的书,我还买不到,因为它只在 England 出版。

Well, one book I really like, I couldn't buy because it's published only in England.

不过过一阵子它总会到这边来的。

But it'll get here in due course.

那本书叫 Deep Simplicity,作者是 John Gribbin。

And that's called Deep Simplicity by John Gribbin.

那真是一本非常非常精彩的书。

It's a perfectly marvelous book.

当然了,这个书名也特别好,Deep Simplicity。

And of course, that's a great title, Deep Simplicity.

这正是我们大家都在寻找的东西。

That's what we're all looking for.
M2
M24:12

我最近一直在读 A Short History of Nearly Everything,这本书让人很震撼,就是,你去读那些人在十八世纪琢磨怎么测出地球重量之类的问题,真的很了不起。

I've been reading A Short History of Nearly Everything, and it, it, it is—it's very impressive to, you know, to read about people pondering how to figure out the weight of the Earth or something in the 18th century.

你会觉得,能做到这种事的人,在金融方面应该也会做得非常好。

And you would think minds that could do that would do very well in financial matters.

但是,你知道,如果你记得的话,Isaac Newton 一生中有相当长一段时间都在试着把铅变成金子;他也许会是个不错的 stockbroker,不过这在财务上并没给他带来多少好处。

But, you know, if you remember, Isaac Newton spent a significant part of his life trying to turn lead into gold, and he might have made a good stockbroker, but it didn't do much for him financially.

Charlie 对 Isaac 了解得比我多,所以——

Charlie knows more about Isaac than I do, so—
M3
M34:49

而且他在那场泡沫里亏掉了自己净资产里非常大的一块。

And he lost an enormous chunk of his net worth in the bubble.

是在 South Sea Bubble 里亏掉了他净资产中很大的一部分。

Chunk of his net worth in the South Sea Bubble.

所以他投身进去的是一场彻头彻尾、荒唐透顶的狂热。

So he invested in an absolute crooked mania.

而这可是世界上最聪明的人。

And here was the smartest man in the world.

所以,光有 IQ 分数可不够。

So just IQ points alone won't do it.
M2
M25:06

请把 11 号麦克风打开。

Microphone 11, please.