← 返回任务列表

对巴菲特和芒格来说,最重要的事是什么

62 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 5:06
M1
M10:00

嗨,我叫 Arthur。

Hi, my name is Arthur.

我来自 Los Angeles。

I'm from Los Angeles.

想谢谢你邀请我们来到你的家乡。

I wanted to thank you for having us in your hometown.

而且我们大家一直都在听你讲你在商业上的本事,还有你取得的各种成功。

And we've all been listening to your business prowess and all your successes.

毫无疑问,你很擅长 business 和 finance,而且做这些的时候也很享受。

There's no question that you're good at business and finance and have fun doing it.

不过你也谈过 income inequality,还说过要捐出自己百分之九十九的财富,所以我感觉,驱动你的不只是积累财富或者 financial gains。

But there are comments that you've made on income inequality, giving away 99% of your wealth, and I'm led to believe that you're motivated by more than just amassing wealth or financial gains.

所以我想聊聊你的价值核心,想问问对你来说最重要的是什么,为什么。

So I'd like to speak to your, to your value core and ask what matters to you most and why.
M2
M20:39

Charlie,对你来说什么最重要?

Charlie, what matters to you most?
M3
M30:42

嗯,我觉得我算是碰巧被引导到了这么一条路上。

Well, I think that I had an unfortunate channeling device.

比起别的事情,我更擅长把事情想明白。

I was better at figuring things out than I was at everything else.

我肯定不可能靠当 movie star、athlete,或者 actor 之类的成功。

I was never going to succeed as a movie star or as an athlete or as an actor or something.

我很早就有了一个想法——这部分也是受我家里的影响,尤其是我祖父,我还继承了他的名字,他也是这么想的。

I early got the idea that— partly from my family, my grandfather in particular, whose name I bore, had the same idea.

那就是,你真正最主要的责任,是让自己尽可能变得理性。

That really your main duty is to become as rational as you could possibly be.

我的意思是,Judge Munger、我父亲,还有其他一些人,真的把 rationality 看得无比重要。

I mean, rationality was just totally worshiped by Judge Munger and my father and others.

而因为我正好擅长这个,别的又不怎么行,所以我就被引到了一个对我特别有效的方向上。

And since I was good at that and no good at anything else, I was steered in something that worked well for me.

但我确实认为,理性是一种道德责任。

But I do think rationality is a moral duty.

这也是我为什么喜欢 Confucius。

That's the reason I like Confucius.

很多很多年前,他也是这个想法。

He had the same idea all those years ago.

所以,我觉得 Berkshire 某种程度上就是一座理性的殿堂。

And so, and I think Berkshire is sort of a temple of rationality.

在 Berkshire,真正受人欣赏的是那种能按事情本来的样子去看清它的人。

What's really admired around Berkshire is somebody who sees it the way it is.

Warren,你也同意吧?

Wouldn't you agree with that, Warren?

对,比什么都重要,甚至比精力都重要。

Yeah, more than anything, more than energy.
M2
M22:06

你最好要按事情本来的样子去看。

You better see it the way it is.
M3
M32:07

对,你最好要按事情本来的样子去看。

Yeah, you better see it the way it is.

你要看到事情本来的样子。

You see it the way it is.

所以,我就是这么做的。

And so, that's the way I did it.

但这不只是积累财富的一种技巧。

But that goes beyond a technique for amassing wealth.

对我来说,这是一条道德原则。

To me, that's a moral principle.

我觉得,如果有些无知其实很容易去掉,你却还一直保留着,那是不光彩的。

I think if you have some easily removable ignorance and keep it, it's dishonorable.

我不觉得那只是个错误,或者只是不用功。

I don't think it's just a mistake or a lack of diligence.

我觉得,让自己比本来必须的还要更无知,是很不光彩的。

I think it's dishonorable to stay stupider than you have to be.

所以这就是我的做人准则。

And so that's my ethos.

而且我觉得,人必须慷慨,因为不这样才是很荒唐的。

And I think you have to be generous because it's crazy not to be.

我们是社会性动物,跟其他人都是连在一起的。

We're a social animal and we're tied to other people.
M2
M22:56

嗯,我会这么说,听起来可能不怎么高尚,不过现在对我来说最重要的事,而且可能已经有一段时间都是这样了,

Well, I would say, it doesn't sound very noble, but what matters to me most now, and probably has for some time,

我是说,有些重要的事,你是做不了——

I mean, there are things that matter that you can't do—

我是说,有些重要的事,你根本没法做什么。

I mean, there are things that matter that you can't do anything about.

我是说,像健康啊,还有你身边人的健康啊,诸如此类的。

I mean, in terms of health and, you know, the health of those around you and all of that.

但其实,对我来说最重要的是 Berkshire 经营得好。

But actually, what matters to me most is that Berkshire does well.

你知道,基本上,我现在处在这样一个位置上,可能有一百万甚至更多人跟我们有关联,而碰巧的是,这件事又让我觉得特别有乐趣,所以我也能把它说得通。

You know, basically, I'm in a position where we've probably got a million or more people that are involved with us, and it just so happens that it's enormously enjoyable to me, so I can rationalize it.

就是这个事业本身。

The activity.

但如果 Berkshire 做得不好,我是不会开心的。

But I would not be happy if Berkshire were doing poorly.

这不是说股价跌了,或者你知道,经济碰上了糟糕的一年。

That doesn't mean whether the stock goes down or whether, you know, the economy has a bad year.

但如果我觉得我们没有每年都在打造一些比前一年更好的东西,那我就不会开心。

But if I felt that we weren't building something every year that was better than what we had the year before, I would not be happy.

而且,你知道,我从这里面得到巨大的乐趣,我还能和我喜欢的人一起工作。

And, you know, I get this enormous fun out of it, and I get to work with people I like.
M3
M33:58

但那是非常重要的。

But that's very important.

事实是,像 Warren 或我这样的人,损失一点我们自己的钱其实很容易承受,因为那没那么要紧,但我们讨厌损失别人的钱。

The truth of the matter is, it's easy for somebody like Warren or me to lose a little of our own money because it doesn't matter that much, but we hate losing somebody else's.

而在一个文明社会里,这是一种非常可贵的态度。

And that's a very desirable attitude to have in a civilization.

你难道不讨厌 Berkshire 亏钱吗?

Don't you hate losing Berkshire money?
M2
M24:20

对,那是唯一会让我晚上睡不着的事。

Yeah, that would be the only thing that would keep me up at night.
M1
M14:24

对。

Yeah.
M2
M24:25

对,我们不会那样做的。

Yeah, we won't do it.

当然,我们在个别事情上是可能会亏钱的。

We can lose money on individual things, obviously.

经济也可能会有不好的年份,股市也可能会有大跌的年份。

We can have bad years in the economy, and we can have years where the stock market goes down a lot.

那些一点都不会困扰我。

That doesn't bother me in the least.

真正让我困扰的是,如果我做了什么事,实际上损害了 Berkshire 的长期价值,那我就会觉得,你知道,那一天我对生活都不会有什么好感觉。

What bothers me is if I do something that actually costs Berkshire in terms of its long-term value, then I feel like, you know, I do not feel good about life on that day.

不过幸运的是,这种事大多数我们都能避免。

But we can avoid most of that, fortunately.

我们确实可以挑选自己出手的时机和领域。

We do get to pick our spots.

在这方面,我们非常幸运。

We're very fortunate in that respect.
M3
M34:52

嗯,你知道,一个好医生也不愿意看到病人死在手术台上。

Well, a good doctor doesn't like it when the patient dies on the table either, you know.

这不是什么新想法。

Not a new thought.
M2
M25:03

好,那我们去,呃,我们去第六站。

Okay, let's go to, uh, let's go to station 6.