← 返回任务列表

2011年股东大会 · 巴菲特:虽然钟爱石油股,但我不是靠预测石油价格赚钱

67 段 · 2 位说话人 · 原片 6:29
F1
F10:00

嗨,Warren,还有 Charlie。

Hi, Warren and Charlie.

我叫 Catherine Borod。

My name is Catherine Borod.

我来自 California 的 Los Angeles。

I'm from Los Angeles, California.

我主要投资大宗商品和大宗商品股票。

I invest primarily in commodities and commodity equities.

我最早是从二零零七年开始买入石油的。

I started out back in 2007 buying oil.

到了二零零八年夏天,我们迎来了石油泡沫的顶峰。

In the summer of 2008, we reached the peak of the oil bubble.

就在那时候,我把持仓反手了,开始做空石油。

That's when I reversed my holdings and started shorting oil.

我赚了相当不错的一笔。

I made a nice profit.

到了二零零九年,我又开始买入石油。

In 2009, I started buying oil again.

还有石油股,而且一直做得还挺不错。

And oil equities, and I've been doing pretty well.

但是考虑到现在全球的状况,还有油价,我开始重新审视我的投资了。

But given the status of the world today and the price of oil, I'm questioning my investments.

这会不会又是一次石油泡沫?

Is this another oil bubble?

石油是不是已经见顶了?

Has oil reached its peak?

我应该继续持有我的仓位吗?

Should I keep my holdings?

我应该做空石油吗?

Should I short oil?

我是不是应该彻底退出石油,转去别的大宗商品,或者其他投资?

Should I exit oil altogether and move into other commodities or other investments?

所以我想问你们的是,你们对石油的看法是什么?

So my question to you is, what are your sentiments regarding oil?
M1
M10:57

嗯,我得说,你做得可比我们好多了,所以我觉得在场的人可能更想听你来讲。

Well, I would say you've done a whole lot better than we have, so I think the crowd would rather hear from you.

我们其实确实也投过石油。

We actually did take a position in oil.

我都记不清是多少年前了。

I don't know how many years ago.

很久以前了。

A long time ago.

很久以前了。

A long time ago.

那时候是一桶十美元。

It was $10 a barrel.
F1
F11:14

然后——

And—
M1
M11:19

不过顺带一提,其实也没那么久。

It wasn't that long ago, though, incidentally.
F1
F11:21

对。

No.
M1
M11:21

我的意思是,那是在九十年代,当然了,我们也见过油价比那低得多的时候。

I mean, that was in the 1990s, although we've seen oil a lot cheaper than that.

一九三二年,East Texas 的石油一桶只卖一角钱。

East Texas oil sold for a dime a barrel in 1932.

我们确实不知道。

We really don't know.

我的意思是,很明显,你面对的是一种有限资源。

I mean, obviously, you're dealing with a finite resource.

我不知道全球的产量现在是到了每天八千八百万桶,还是在大概八千五百万桶那个水平,但总得会有一些回升。

I don't know whether the world's up to 88 million barrels, or was down around 85 million barrels, but there's got to be some comeback.

所以,如果现在这个数字已经挺接近每天八千八百万桶了,我也不会觉得意外。

So I wouldn't be surprised if the current figure's getting pretty close to 88 million barrels a day.

每天要从地下采出这么多石油,这个量可太大了。

That's a lot of oil to take out of the ground every day.

当然,呃,也确实发现了一些新的边疆地区,但你——你已经往地里插了很多很多吸管了,地底下的总量终究是有限的。

And, and of course, uh, there are new frontiers have been found, but you are— you've sucked a lot of straws into the world, into the earth, and there it is, a finite number.

所以有一件事我可以向你保证——或者说,几乎可以保证——那就是石油总有一天会卖得贵得多。

So the one thing I can promise you is— almost promise you— is that oil will sell for a lot more someday.

呃,挺有意思的是,你知道美国大概有多少口正在生产的油井吗?

Uh, interestingly enough, you know, how many producing oil wells do you think there are in the United States?

答案大概是五十万口。

The answer is something like 500,000.

你知道,还有那种 stripper wells。

Now, you know, there's these stripper wells.

Charlie 那边附近就有一些井,已经开采了一百年了。

There's wells out near Charlie that have been going for 100 years.
F1
F12:44

对。

Yeah.
M1
M12:46

但现在我们已经看过很多地方了,当然,从美国公司的角度来看,正在发现石油的那些较小国家,在授予开采特许权这件事上,比五十年、七十五年或者一百年前的人要聪明得多,所以,呃,他们谈出来的条件要精明得多,不像我们当年刚开始在全世界到处勘探时那样。

But we have looked in a lot of places now, and what's happening, of course, from the standpoint of the United States companies is that the smaller countries where oil is being found now are quite a bit smarter about how they grant their concessions than people were 50 or 75 or 100 years ago, so that, uh, they drive much more intelligent deals than was originally the case when we went exploring around the world.

不过,我也不知道。

But I have no idea.

你知道,按惯例,BNSF 以前会对一部分石油做套期保值,呃,因为他们显然要用掉大量柴油,呃,我也跟他们提过建议,当然 BNSF 具体怎么经营是他们自己决定,但我就是,我真的不觉得我们能猜准油价。

You know, we traditionally— BNSF had hedged a certain amount of oil and, uh, because they obviously use huge quantities of diesel, uh, and, uh, I suggested to them, although how they run the BNSF is up to them, but I just, I really didn't think we could guess the price of oil.

而且我觉得,如果我们能猜准油价,那我们就没必要去经营铁路了。

And I thought if we could guess the price of oil, we didn't need to run the railroad.

我的意思是,经营那条铁路要花很多精力,也很费时间。

I mean, it was a— took a lot of effort, time to run that railroad.

如果我们只要坐在房间里炒石油就知道怎么赚钱,那为什么不干脆去做那个呢?

And if we know how to make money just sitting in a room trading oil, why not do that instead?

所以我其实不太——我们不做套保。

So I don't really— we don't hedge.

嗯,就 Berkshire 母公司的政策来说,我们不对大宗商品做任何套保。

Well, in terms of Berkshire's parent company policies, we don't hedge anything in the way of commodities.

我们有些子公司会做,这没问题。

Some of our subsidiaries do, and that's fine.

他们要对自己的业务负责。

They, they, they're responsible for their businesses.

但是,我几乎从来不会觉得自己能判断出某种大宗商品价格的走势。

But there are very, very few commodities that I've ever thought I was going to— would know the direction of their movement.

呃,在未来六个月或者一年里。

Uh, in the next 6 months or a year.

不过有一件事我相当确信,就像我们今天早上谈到的那样,就是美元随着时间推移会越来越不值钱,所以大多数东西用美元计价的价格,呃,都会上涨,而且可能会涨很多。

The one thing I'm quite convinced of, as we talked about this morning, is the fact the dollar will become less valuable over time, so that the dollar price of most things, uh, will go up and maybe go up very substantially.

至于它们涨得够不够多,能让你在为账面收益缴税之后,购买力还能保持不变,那就是另一个问题了。

Whether they go up enough so that you have the same amount of purchasing power after you pay tax on your nominal gains is another— there's another question.

我确实认为,一个聪明人,呃,长期来看,通过思考资产——生产性资产——来赚钱,会比投机大宗商品,或者,呃,就这点来说,投资固定美元回报的产品,更容易赚到钱。

I really think that, that an intelligent person, uh, can make more money over time thinking about assets that— productive assets— rather than, than, than, than speculating in commodities, or, or, uh, for that matter fixed dollar investments.

不过这也许只是我自己的偏见。

But that's maybe my own bias.
F1
F15:12

Charlie?

Charlie?
M1
M15:13

嗯,如果我们从一开始就只做石油这一件事,我很有把握地说,我们的成绩绝不会有现在这么好。

Well, if we'd done nothing but oil from the very beginning, I am confident that we would not have done nearly as well as we have.

在我看来,这一点再明显不过了。

To me, that's perfectly obvious.

所以我觉得,我们做的事比你想做的要容易得多,而我们喜欢简单的事。

So I think what we've done is much easier than what you're trying to do, and we like easy.

对,我们不想把事情弄得比必须的更复杂。

Yeah, we're not trying to make it any more difficult than we have to.

说真的,我不知道在那种操作里有什么办法能建立优势。

I really don't know any way to have an edge in that sort of activity.

我的意思是,如果你想判断什么时候该做多、什么时候该做空 oil、natural gas、copper 或者 cotton 之类的东西,我,我不知道。

I mean, if you are going to try and figure out when to be long or short oil or natural gas or copper or cotton or whatever, I, I don't know.

我不知道有哪些人,能让我觉得他们在未来十年里做这种事会有优势;但我确实知道有些人,我觉得他们在投资 common stocks 这件事上会有非常明显的优势,或许 distressed bonds 也是一样。

I don't know of people who I feel would have an edge in trying to do that over the next 10 years, but I do know people where I think they'd have a very significant edge in investing in common stocks, and maybe distressed bonds for that matter too.

对,说到交易 oil,干得最好的一帮人,其实是那些去贿赂 Nigeria 的人。

Yeah, trading oil worked best of all for the people who bribed Nigeria.

那不是我们会待的圈子。

That's not our milieu.

嗯,这个见解我以前还真没听过。

Well, that's an insight I hadn't heard before.