← 返回任务列表

1995年股东大会 · 股东问巴菲特:你出名了,还能专注投资吗?

34 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 2:52
M1
M10:00

你好。

Hi there.

我叫 Lee Debraff,来自 West Virginia 的 Morgantown。

My name is Lee Debraff from Morgantown, West Virginia.

自从 Salomon 那场风波之后,看起来你吸引了越来越多媒体的关注。

Ever since the Salomon debacle, it appears that you have attracted more and more media attention.

在这方面,已经出现了很多看起来会让你偏离真正投资业务的事情。

In this regard, there have been numerous displays of what appear to be distractions from the actual business of investing.

比如说,我们看到你去 Hawaii 参加了 Bill Gates 的婚礼,买了个人电脑,现在还戴上了很抢眼的设计师领带。

To wit, we watched as you attended Bill Gates's wedding in Hawaii and bought a personal computer and now wear striking designer ties.

还有,嗯,对,昨天——

And, uh, yeah, yesterday—.
M2
M20:31

要不是我当时在 Salomon,Bill 本来会邀请我参加婚礼的。

Bill would have invited me to the wedding if I hadn't been at Salomon.
M1
M10:33

不过昨天因为比赛下雨取消的时候,我们拿到了那些三角小旗,呃。

But yesterday we got those pennants, uh, during the rainout.

嗯,一个非常严肃的问题。

Um, a very serious question.

你现在成了媒体宠儿之后,怎么才能让我们相信,你的眼睛还是一直盯着那颗所谓的球,也就是专注在正事上?

How— now that you've become this media darling, how can you assure us that you're still keeping your eyes concentrated on the proverbial ball?
M2
M20:50

嗯,我现在收到的邮件确实比以前多了。

Well, I do get more mail than I used to.

所以我们在这方面也建立了一套更完善一点的处理办法。

So we've developed a little more of a system on that.

但我就是,我还是做我喜欢做的事,也只是接一些演讲。

But I just, I do what I like to do and just take speeches.

别人现在大概会邀请我做演讲,次数可能是十年前的二十倍,但我答应的次数还是一样。

I probably get invited, asked to make maybe 20 times as many speeches as I would've been asked to make 10 years ago, but I make the same number.

我,你知道的,我在这方面有我自己的一套筛选标准。

I, you know, I've got the, I've got my own selection process for what I do on that.

也一样,你知道,我还会被邀请去参加,我都不知道有多少那种晚宴致敬之类的活动。

And it's the same way, you know, I'm invited to, you know, I don't know how many, uh, dinner tributes, etc.

而且,嗯,基本上——我不会因为这些去改变我做事的方式,我不想改变那种方式。

And, uh, you know, they basically— I, I don't, I don't change the way I— what I do because I don't want to change the way.

如果我当初在打造 Berkshire 的时候,目标是为了最后去到别的什么位置,那我现在早就已经在那里了。

If I, if I wanted something else, if while I was building Berkshire that was being done to end up in some other spot, I'd have been there by now.

所以,嗯,这不会,这不会,呃,这根本不会改变任何事。

And, uh, it just doesn't, it doesn't, uh, it doesn't change anything.

它确实会让邮件数量变多,但我已经把这件事处理到不会造成什么大干扰了。

It does change the volume of mail, but I've, I've got that so that that is not a big distraction.

你说什么?

Pardon me?

哦,我会继续留在 Omaha。

Oh, I'll remain in Omaha.

对,这一点毫无疑问。

Yeah, there's no question about that.

我的意思是,如果我不想待在 Omaha,我早就会想办法改变了。

I mean, if I hadn't wanted to be in Omaha, I would have figured out ways to change.

而且几十年前要改变这件事都非常容易。

And it would have been very easy to change decades ago.

我觉得,你知道,我们这里有很多人都不是 Omaha 本地人,不过那是他们的问题。

I think it's, you know, we've got a lot of people here who aren't from Omaha, but that's their problem.

我的意思是——

I mean—.
M3
M32:11

我观察 Warren 已经很久了。

I've been watching Warren for a long time.

那些担心他会改变的人,对那种没必要的担忧简直胃口太大了。

And people who are concerned that he will change have a huge appetite for needless worry.
M2
M22:25

我会改变的概率,大概就跟 Charlie 会改变的概率一样大。

The odds that I will change are about as good as the odds that Charlie will change.

我,我是说,邮件这件事吧,你知道,我真希望能有个更简单的处理办法,因为,因为你基本上不可能回复你收到的每一封信。

I, I, the mail thing is, you know, I wish there was an easier way to handle it because, but, but you essentially can't answer all the letters you get.

事情就是这么简单。

It's that simple.

而且,大概就是这样——一旦你解决了这个问题,弄一封格式信来处理它,那就解决了。

And that's about the—once you get past that and get a form letter that takes care of it, that takes care of it.

一区?

Zone 1?