← 返回任务列表

2010年股东大会 · 股票的短期走势无法预测,也不重要

33 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 3:10
F1
F10:00

回到二零零八年十月,当时你非常强烈地建议买入美国股票,那真是个非常高明的主意。

Back in October of 2008, you highly recommended buying U.S. stocks, and that was a brilliant idea.

结果也确实非常好。

It worked very well.

我就是想听听你的看法,你怎么看接下来的市场走势。

And I just want to get your opinion, how you think about the market going forward.

你现在还这么乐观吗?

Are you still that optimistic?

那未来大概十年左右,股票投资一个比较合理的回报率预期应该是多少?

And what's a reasonable rate of return to expect from the equities in the next decade or so?
M1
M10:23

嗯,我很少写文章,或者很少接受采访,来谈整个市场总体水平这个话题。

Well, I write articles very infrequently or get interviewed very infrequently on, on the subject of the general level of the market itself.

大概四十年里,也就只有四五次,我真正明确表达过我对整个股市总体水平的看法。

Probably only 4 or 5 times in 40 years have I really declared myself about what I thought about the general level of the stock market.

而且事实证明,二零零八年十月我其实是说早了,这一点也有不少人提醒过我。

And it turned out I was pretty premature, actually, in October 2008, as was pointed out to me by a number of people.

呃,但我当时的感觉——还有我在那篇文章里真正想说的,其实是,从长期来看,持有股票肯定比去执行一种买长期债券或者持有现金的策略要好得多。

Uh, but I felt—and what I said in that article really was that it would be way better to own stocks over the long term than to follow a policy of buying either long-term bonds or holding cash.

而且我知道我可以这么说,我最终——我觉得大概率也会被证明在这点上是对的。

And I knew I could make that statement, and I would be eventually—I thought odds were very high I'd be proven right on that.

但是我不喜欢——我不知道股市下周、下个月或者明年会怎么样。

But I don't like—I don't know what the stock market's going to do next week or next month or next year.

我完全不知道。

I don't have any idea.

大家总觉得我知道。

People always think I do.

但我知道,我自己是不知道的。

I know I don't have any idea.

我也不会去想这个。

I don't think about it.

这根本没什么区别。

It doesn't make any difference.

Charlie 和我,我不——基本上我都想不起来我们什么时候专门讨论过这个。

Charlie and I, I don't—I can't recall a discussion we've ever had on it, you know, basically.

但是我确实认为,未来十年或者二十年,我肯定更愿意持有股票,包括美国股票。

But I do think over the next 10 years or 20 years, I'd much rather own equities, including U.S. equities.

比起持有现金,我肯定更愿意持有股票;比起持有十年期或者二十年期债券,我也肯定更愿意持有股票。

I'd much rather own them than cash, or I'd much rather own them than a 10- or 20-year bond.

不过这部分也是因为,我对那些替代选择,呃,实在没什么热情。

But that's partly because I'm very unenthusiastic about, uh, the alternatives.

我觉得,我觉得股票——长期来看,很可能会给你带来一些正的、幅度不算大的实际回报。

I think, I think equities will—are likely to give you some positive, modest positive real return, uh, over time.

呃,除此之外,我真的就不知道什么了。

Uh, but beyond that, I really don't know anything.

Charlie?

Charlie?
M2
M22:11

嗯,说得乐观一点,就是在现有这些机会里,股票算是烂里面最好的。

Well, that's a cheerful thought that equities are the best of a bad lot of available opportunities.
M1
M12:19

你不同意吗?

Do you disagree with it?
M2
M22:20

不,我觉得你是对的。

No, I think you're right.

我觉得大家应该逐渐习惯,从平均来看,自己的投资组合按实际购买力计算,表现会没那么好。

I think people should get accustomed, on average, to doing less well in their investment portfolios in real terms.

Charlie 和我都觉得,我们会进入一个相当长的时期,在这个时期里,普通的投资结果不会特别令人兴奋。

Charlie and I think we're in for a long period where the ordinary result is not going to be very exciting.
M1
M12:38

不过我们喜欢拥有企业。

But we like owning businesses.

而且我们现在所处的位置,是可以拥有整个企业的,但我们也喜欢拥有企业的一部分。

And we're in a position where we can own entire businesses, but we also like partial ownership of businesses.

而且,我们想持有那些我们真心认为随着时间推移会有某种竞争优势的企业,而且我们对管理层也觉得不错,并且我们认为价格也算比较有吸引力。

And, and we, we want to own businesses where we really think they have some competitive advantage over time, and, and where we feel good about the management, and where we think the price is reasonably attractive.

我觉得你现在能找到这样的东西,但它们并没有,非常有吸引力,完全没有。

I think you can find things like that now, but they aren't, they aren't dramatically attractive at all.

它们确实胜过——在我看来,它们确实胜过持有现金,或者持有 5 年、10 年,或者 20 年期债券。

They do beat—in my view, they do beat holding cash or, or 5, 10, or 20-year bonds.