← 返回任务列表

2008年股东大会 · 12岁的孩子,应该养成哪些好习惯?

21 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 1:40
F1
F10:01

嘿,我是 Jack Grange。

Hey, I'm Jack Grange.

我来自 Philadelphia。

I'm from Philadelphia.

我上七年级,今年十二岁。

I'm in 7th grade, and I'm 12 years old.

我想问一下,像我这个年级,应该读些什么东西?

I just wanted to ask, what kind of things should I be reading, like, in my grade?

因为我知道,学校里有很多你应该知道、但他们不会教你的东西。

Because I know there are a lot of things that they don't teach you in school that you should know.

那我应该去了解些什么呢?

But what things should I be looking into?
M1
M10:34

嗯,我会建议你养成一个习惯,如果你还没有的话,不过听起来你很可能已经有了,那就是每天读报。虽然现在这对年轻人来说,不算世界上最受欢迎的事。

Well, I would get in the habit, if you don't have it already, but you sound like you very well may, of reading a daily newspaper, which is not the most popular thing in the world among younger people these days.

但你总是要尽可能多了解你周围的世界,你知道。

But you want to learn as much as you can about the world around you, you know.

还有,呃,Bill Gates,我记得,好像是在 World Book 看到字母 P 那里就停了。看起来这也没对他造成太大影响。

And, uh, Bill Gates, I think, quit at letter P in the World Book. Doesn't seem to have hurt him too much to have quit there.

不过你应该有一套,你可以有一套 World Book,也可以读报纸,反正就是尽量多吸收。

But you ought to have a set of - you can have a set of World Books, you can read the newspapers, you should just sop it up.

这样你就会发现,什么东西是你最感兴趣的。

And you'll find out what's the most interesting to you.

我的意思是,你知道,有那么一个阶段,对我来说体育版最有意思,后来又变成财经版。

I mean, you know, there was a certain point where the sports pages were most interesting to me, and then the finance pages.

而且我本人还特别痴迷政治。

And I happen to be a political junkie.

但人生里你怎么学都学不够。

But you just can't learn enough in life.

而且我觉得,事实是你会发现,你学得越多,就越想继续学。

And I think the fact - what you'll find is that the more you learn, the more you want to learn.

我是说,这很有意思。

I mean, it is fun.

还有,呃,在我听来,你像是那种会自己主动去做很多这种事的年轻人。

And, uh, but you sound to me like a young person that's going to do a lot of that on their own.

Charlie,你有什么建议吗?

Do you have any suggestions, Charlie?

你大概会建议他读 Ben Franklin。

You'd probably suggest reading Ben Franklin.
M2
M21:30

嗯,我的建议是,刚才那位发言的年轻人,其实已经搞明白怎么在人生中取得成功了。

Well, my suggestion would be that the young person who just spoke has already figured out how to succeed in life.

你已经稳了。

You've got it made.