← 返回任务列表

2002年股东大会 · 巴菲特与芒格谈如何获得真正的友情

48 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 3:47
F1
F10:00

你们好,Buffett 先生,Munger 先生。

Hello, Mr. Buffett and Mr. Munger.

我叫 Justin Fong,十二岁,来自 California。

My name is Justin Fong, and I am 12 years old from California.

这是我连续第二年来参加。

This is my second consecutive year in attendance.

我爸妈带我来这里,是想让我向你们学习。

My parents brought me here to learn from you.

我的问题不是关于钱的。

My question is not about money.

而是关于友情。

It's about friendship.

你们是怎么能做这么久的朋友和商业伙伴的?

How do you remain friends and business partners for so long?

还有,对于像我这样的年轻人,在选择真正的朋友和未来的商业伙伴时,你们有什么建议?

And what advice do you have for young people like me in selecting true friends and future business partners?

谢谢。

Thank you.
M1
M10:35

嗯,Charlie 和我是一九五九年认识的,当时是 Davis 一家把我们介绍认识的。他们当时就预测,说三十分钟之内,我们要么会彼此受不了对方,要么就会相处得特别好。

Well, when Charlie and I met in 1959, we were introduced by the Davis family, and they predicted within 30 minutes we would either not be able to stand each other or we'd get along terrifically.

事实证明,Davis 一家的这个判断其实相当有洞察力,因为我们两个人的性格,在某些情况下都多少有点喜欢主导局面。

And that was a fairly insightful analysis, actually, by the Davises, because you had two personalities that both had some tendencies toward dominance in certain situations.

不过我们就是一见如故。

But we just, we hit it off.

我们有过分歧,但四十三年来,据我所知,我们一次真正的争吵都没有过。

We have disagreed, but we have never had an argument that I can remember at all in 43 years.

可我们俩其实都有很强的主见,而且有时候这些强烈的看法还并不一样。

And yet we both have strong opinions, and they aren't the same strong opinions at times.

但事实是,我们在一起有过非常非常多的乐趣。

But the truth is, we've had an enormous amount of fun together.

到现在我们也依然乐在其中。

We continue to have an enormous amount of fun.

基本上,没有什么能改变这一点。

And nothing will change that, basically.

也许这样会更有效一点,因为他在 California,我在 Omaha。

It may have worked better because he's in California and I'm in Omaha.
M2
M21:27

我也不知道。

I don't know.
M1
M11:28

这个我让 Charlie 来讲讲。

I'll let Charlie comment on it.
M2
M21:30

嗯,你这个问题问得特别好,因为 Warren 和我都认识一些非常成功的商人,可他们在这个世界上连一个真正的朋友都没有,而且说真的,这也是有原因的。

Well, that's a wonderful question you've asked, because Warren and I both know some very successful businessmen who have not one true friend on earth, and rightly so.

那根本不是过日子的方式。

That is no way to live a life.

如果你问这个问题,其实是在问,我要怎么交到对的朋友?

And if by asking that question you're asking, how do I get the right friends?

那你真的是问到点子上了。

You are really onto the right question.

当你遇到对的朋友以后,如果你也一直努力让自己成为对的那种人,我想你会意识到自己拥有了什么;接下来你要做的,就是好好珍惜,牢牢把握住。

And when you get with the right friends, if you've worked hard at becoming the right sort of fellow, I think you'll recognize what you have, and then all you have to do is hang on.

对。

Yeah.
M1
M12:15

真正的问题——这个问题到底是什么呢?

The real question—what is the question?

就是,你喜欢别人身上的什么?

is what do you like in other people?

我的意思是,你希望从朋友那里得到什么?

I mean, what do you want from a friend?

如果你认真想一想,你会发现,别人身上总有一些你欣赏、你喜欢的特质,也正是这些特质,会让你想和某些人待在一起。

And if you'll think about it, there's certain qualities that you admire in other people that you find likable, and cause you to want to be around certain people.

然后你就看看这些品质,对自己说,这里面有哪一些,是我在身体上或者心理上根本不可能拥有的?

And then look at those qualities and say to yourself, which of these is it physically or mentally impossible for me to have?

答案是,一个都没有。

And the answer will be none.

你知道,我的意思是,这很合理:如果某些东西会让你被别人吸引,那你自己如果也具备这些东西,别人也会被你吸引。

You know, I mean, you— it's only reasonable that if certain things attract you to other people, that if you possess those, they will attract other people to you.

另外,如果你发现别人身上有些东西让你很反感,不管是爱吹牛也好,不诚实也好,或者别的什么,如果这些会让你倒胃口,那你自己要是有这些特质,也一样会让别人反感。

And secondarily, if you find certain things repulsive in other people, whether they brag or they're dishonest or whatever it may be, if that turns you off, it's going to turn other people off if you possess those qualities.

而这些都是选择。

And those are choices.

这里面真正写在你 DNA 里的,其实很少。

Very few of those things are in your DNA.

它们是选择。

They are choices.

同时,它们也会变成习惯。

And they are also habits.

我是说,如果你在很早的时候就养成了那些能吸引别人的习惯,那你以后也会一直有。

I mean, if you have habits that attract people early on, you'll have them later on.

如果你有的是那些会把人推开的习惯,那等你到了六十岁、七十岁,可治不好了。

And if you have habits that repel people, you're not going to cure it when you're 60 or 70.

所以这根本不是个复杂的公式。

So it is not a complicated equation.

而且如果我没记错的话,Ben Franklin 有一次也做过类似的事,是吧?

And as I remember, Ben Franklin did something like that one time, didn't he?
M2
M23:34

对。

Yeah.
M1
M13:34

列出一张他所欣赏的品质清单,然后就开始着手去获得这些品质。

List of qualities he admired and then just set out to acquire them.
M2
M23:36

完全没错。

Absolutely.

他做这件事的劲头,就跟你追求赚钱时的劲头一样。

He went at it the way you've gone after acquiring money.
M1
M13:43

这两者又不冲突。

They're not mutually exclusive.
M2
M23:46

对,不冲突。

No.