← 返回任务列表

对巴菲特和芒格来说,最重要的事是什么

62 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 5:06
M1
M10:00

你好,我叫 Arthur。

Hi, my name is Arthur.

我来自 Los Angeles。

I'm from Los Angeles.

首先,我想谢谢你们让我们来到你的家乡。

I wanted to thank you for having us in your hometown.

我们一直都在听说你在商业上的才华,以及你取得的各种成功。

And we've all been listening to your business prowess and all your successes.

毫无疑问,你很擅长商业和金融,而且你也乐在其中。

There's no question that you're good at business and finance and have fun doing it.

不过,你曾经谈到过收入不平等,也说过要捐出百分之九十九的财富。这让我觉得,驱动你的不只是积累财富或获取经济上的收益。

But there are comments that you've made on income inequality, giving away 99% of your wealth, and I'm led to believe that you're motivated by more than just amassing wealth or financial gains.

所以,我想聊聊你内心最核心的价值观,问问对你来说最重要的是什么,以及为什么。

So I'd like to speak to your value core and ask what matters to you most and why.
M2
M20:39

Charlie,对你来说最重要的是什么?

Charlie, what matters to you most?
M3
M30:42

我觉得,我身上有一个不太走运的天赋通道。

Well, I think that I had an unfortunate channeling device.

我比较擅长想明白事情,除此之外,我好像什么都不太擅长。

I was better at figuring things out than I was at everything else.

我注定不可能成为电影明星、运动员、演员之类的人。

I was never going to succeed as a movie star or as an athlete or as an actor or something.

我很早就明白了这一点,部分是受家人的影响,尤其是我祖父。他和我同名,也有同样的想法。

I early got the idea, partly from my family, my grandfather in particular, whose name I bore, who had the same idea.

那就是,你真正的主要责任,是尽可能让自己变得理性。

That really your main duty is to become as rational as you could possibly be.

我的意思是,Judge Munger、我父亲,还有其他人,都把理性看得无比重要。

I mean, rationality was just totally worshiped by Judge Munger and my father and others.

既然我在这方面还不错,而其他方面都不行,他们就把我引向了一个适合我的方向。

And since I was good at that and no good at anything else, I was steered into something that worked well for me.

但我确实认为,保持理性是一种道德责任。

But I do think rationality is a moral duty.

这也是我喜欢 Confucius 的原因。

That's the reason I like Confucius.

很多很多年前,他就有同样的想法。

He had the same idea all those years ago.

所以我觉得,Berkshire 有点像一座理性之神庙。

And so, I think Berkshire is sort of a temple of rationality.

在 Berkshire,真正受人敬佩的,是那些能够看清事情本来面目的人。

What's really admired around Berkshire is somebody who sees it the way it is.

Warren,你同意这个说法吧?

Wouldn't you agree with that, Warren?

是的,比其他任何事情都重要,比精力还重要。

Yeah, more than anything, more than energy.
M2
M22:06

你最好还是看清事情本来的样子。

You better see it the way it is.
M3
M32:07

对,你最好看清事情本来的样子。

Yeah, you better see it the way it is.

你要看清事情本来的样子。

You see it the way it is.

所以,我就是这么做的。

And so, that's the way I did it.

但这已经不只是积累财富的一种技巧了。

But that goes beyond a technique for amassing wealth.

对我来说,这是一条道德准则。

To me, that's a moral principle.

我觉得,如果有些无知明明很容易消除,你却一直保留着,那就是不光彩的。

I think if you have some easily removable ignorance and keep it, it's dishonorable.

我不认为那仅仅是犯了个错误,或者是不够勤勉。

I don't think it's just a mistake or a lack of diligence.

我觉得,明明可以不那么愚蠢,却还甘愿保持愚蠢,是件不光彩的事。

I think it's dishonorable to stay stupider than you have to be.

所以,这就是我的人生准则。

And so that's my ethos.

而且我觉得,人必须慷慨,因为不慷慨才不正常。

And I think you have to be generous because it's crazy not to be.

人类是群居动物,我们和其他人紧密相连。

We're a social animal and we're tied to other people.
M2
M22:56

嗯,我会说,接下来这话听起来可能没那么高尚,但对我来说,现在最重要的事,也许一直以来都是如此。

Well, I would say, it doesn't sound very noble, but what matters to me most now and probably has for some time.

我的意思是,有些事情很重要,但你没法去做。

I mean, there are things that matter that you can't do.

我的意思是,有些事情很重要,但你对此什么也做不了。

I mean, there are things that matter that you can't do anything about.

比如健康,还有你身边那些人的健康,诸如此类。

I mean, in terms of health and, you know, the health of those around you and all of that.

但实际上,对我来说最重要的是 Berkshire 发展得好。

But actually, what matters to me most is that Berkshire does well.

你知道,基本上,我现在所处的位置是,大概有一百万甚至更多的人跟我们有关系。恰好这件事又让我感到无比快乐,所以我可以给自己找到一个合理的解释。

You know, basically, I'm in a position where we've probably got a million or more people that are involved with us, and it just so happens that it's enormously enjoyable to me, so I can rationalize it.

就是做这件事本身。

The activity.

但如果 Berkshire 经营得不好,我不会开心。

But I would not be happy if Berkshire were doing poorly.

这并不是说股价下跌,或者经济经历了糟糕的一年。

That doesn't mean whether the stock goes down or whether, you know, the economy has a bad year.

但如果我觉得,我们没有做到每年都在打造一些比上一年更好的东西,那我就不会开心。

But if I felt that we weren't building something every year that was better than what we had the year before, I would not be happy.

而且,你知道,这件事给我带来了巨大的乐趣,我还能和自己喜欢的人一起工作。

And, you know, I get this enormous fun out of it, and I get to work with people I like.
M3
M33:58

但这非常重要。

But that's very important.

事实是,像 Warren 或者我这样的人,损失一点自己的钱很容易,因为那没那么重要;但我们非常讨厌让别人损失钱。

The truth of the matter is, it's easy for somebody like Warren or me to lose a little of our own money because it doesn't matter that much, but we hate losing somebody else's.

在一个文明社会里,这是一种非常可贵的态度。

And that's a very desirable attitude to have in a civilization.

你也讨厌让 Berkshire 亏钱,对吧?

Don't you hate losing Berkshire money?
M2
M24:20

对,那可能是唯一会让我晚上睡不着的事。

Yeah, that would be the only thing that would keep me up at night.
M1
M14:24

对。

Yeah.
M2
M24:25

对,我们不会让这种事发生。

Yeah, we won't do it.

当然,在个别事情上,我们可能会亏钱。

We can lose money on individual things, obviously.

经济可能会有糟糕的年份,股市也可能会有大幅下跌的年份。

We can have bad years in the economy, and we can have years where the stock market goes down a lot.

这些一点都不会让我烦恼。

That doesn't bother me in the least.

让我烦恼的是,如果我做了什么事,真的损害了 Berkshire 的长期价值,那我会觉得,在那一天,我对生活都没有好感。

What bothers me is if I do something that actually costs Berkshire in terms of its long-term value, then I feel like, you know, I do not feel good about life on that day.

但幸运的是,大部分这种情况我们都可以避免。

But we can avoid most of that, fortunately.

我们可以挑选自己出手的时机和领域。

We do get to pick our spots.

在这方面,我们非常幸运。

We're very fortunate in that respect.
M3
M34:52

嗯,一个好医生也不会喜欢看到病人死在手术台上,你知道吧。

Well, a good doctor doesn't like it when the patient dies on the table either, you know.

这不是什么新想法。

Not a new thought.
M2
M25:03

好,我们去,呃,我们去第六站。

Okay, let's go to, uh, let's go to station 6.