← 返回任务列表

2001年股东大会 · 芒格:只知道积累财富的人生是一种失败的人生

35 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 3:19
F1
F10:00

嗨,我叫 Stephen Comp,来自 California 的 Irvine。

Hi, my name is Stephen Comp from Irvine, California.

我十岁了,这是我连续第四年来这里。

I'm 10 years old and this is my 4th consecutive year here.
M1
M10:07

太好了,我们很高兴你来到这里。

Terrific, we're glad to have you here.
F1
F10:10

谢谢。

Thanks.

这是我连续第四年来这里,至于我是怎么开始持有股票的,是我爸爸教我自己创业,然后我用赚到的利润买了 Berkshire Hathaway 的股票。

This is my 4th consecutive year here, and how I got to owning stock is my dad taught me to start my own business and I bought Berkshire Hathaway stock with my profits.

现在学校里不教你怎么赚钱、怎么存钱,不管是高中还是大学都不教。

Now in school they don't teach you how to make and save money, not in high school or college.

所以我的问题是,你们会怎么建议在这方面教育孩子们呢?

So my question is, how would you propose to educate kids in this area?
M1
M10:35

嗯,这是个好问题。

Well, that's a good question.

听起来——听起来你自己也能把这件事做得很好。

Sounds to me like— sounds to me like you could do a good job yourself, too.

而且,你知道,你才十岁,就已经比我当年强多了。

And I'm, you know, at 10, you're way ahead of me.

很遗憾,我第一次买股票是十一岁的时候,所以我起步非常慢。

Unfortunately, I didn't buy my first stock until I was 11, so I got a very slow start.

这个嘛,你知道,真正需要的是——有些课堂里有,有些课堂里没有——但关键是要有能够把这个主题讲明白的老师。

It's, you know, what it takes really is— and you find it in some classrooms and you don't in others— but it takes teachers who can explain the subject.

Charlie 会说,在这方面 Ben Franklin 是最好的老师。

Charlie would say Ben Franklin was the best teacher of all in that respect.

不过看起来,你要么是从你父母那里得到了这方面的教育,而实际上在这方面,父母能起到的教育作用甚至比老师还大。

But it looks like you either got it from your parents, an education on that, and parents can do more education really in that respect even than teachers.

不过这个——你知道,我时不时会有机会跟学生们聊一聊。

But it's— you know, I get a chance to talk to students from time to time.

然后,你知道,我会告诉他们的一件事就是,他们自己本身就是非常有价值的资产。

And, you know, one of the things I tell them is, you know, what a valuable asset they have themselves.

我的意思是,你知道,任何一个聪明的学生,我大概都愿意出五万美元,买下他未来一生收入的百分之十。

I mean, you know, I would pay any bright student probably $50,000 for 10% of his future earnings the rest of his life.

所以,他光站在那里,就是一个价值五十万美元的资产。

So, he's a $500,000 asset just standing there.

而你怎么运用这笔五十万美元的资产,去发展你的头脑和才能,是极其重要的。

And what you do with that $500,000 asset in terms of developing your mind and your talents is hugely important.

人在年轻的时候,能做的最好投资就是投在自己身上。

The best investment you can make at an early age is in yourself.

而且在我看来,你在这方面做得非常好。

And it sounds to me like you're doing very well in that respect.

我为你感到高兴,也祝贺你。

I congratulate you on it.

不过,要说在整个学校体系里全面推行这件事,我倒没有什么特别宏大的方案。

I don't have any great sweeping program for doing it throughout the schools, though.

我们在 Nebraska 这里,每年都会举办一次全州所有高中学生的年度聚会。

We have, here in Nebraska, we have an annual get-together of students from all the high schools throughout the state.

会用一两天时间做经济教育。

And it's a day or two of economic education.

我觉得这是个非常好的项目。

I think it's a very good program.

不过我觉得,如果你继续做你现在在做的事,你可能会成为其他学生的榜样。

But I think if you just keep doing what you're doing, you may be an example to other students.

Charlie?

Charlie?
M2
M22:36

嗯,我想插一句提醒的话。

Well, I'd like to interject a word of caution.

听起来,你像是那种很可能在自己想做的事情上取得成功的人。

You sound like somebody who's likely to succeed at what you're trying to do.

而且那也不一定是个好主意。

And that's not always a good idea.

如果你这一辈子唯一做成的事,就是靠被动持有那么一点点纸片变得非常有钱,而且你一生都只是越来越擅长这一件事,那这就是一种失败的人生。

If all you succeed in doing in your life is to get very rich from passive holding of little bits of paper, and you get better and better at only that for all your life, it's a failed life.

人生不只是精明地被动积累财富。

Life is more than being shrewd at passive wealth accumulation.
M1
M13:17

我觉得他这两方面都会做得很好。

I think he's going to do well in both.

不过,还是给五分。

Still, on five.