← 返回任务列表

Rollerskates and Legacy: The Moth Podcast

372 段 · 6 位说话人 · 原片 29:30
F1
F10:01

这是 The Moth 出品。

This is a Moth production.
M1
M10:03

大家好,欢迎收听 The Moth。

Hi there, everyone, and welcome to The Moth.

我是 Jermaine Archer,是一家名叫 Rehabilitation Through the Arts,简称 RTA 的非营利组织的执行主任。这个组织正在庆祝成立三十周年,我们一直通过艺术来教给被监禁的纽约人生活技能。

I'm Jermaine Archer, executive director of a nonprofit called Rehabilitation Through the Arts, or RTA, which is celebrating 30 years of using the arts to teach life skills to incarcerated New Yorkers.

我也是 The Moth 的故事讲述者,能主持这一期 The Moth Podcast,我特别兴奋。

I'm also a Moth storyteller, and I'm so excited to be hosting this episode of The Moth Podcast.

今天,我们会带来两个来自 The Moth Community Program 的故事。这个项目通过工作坊和活动,把讲故事带到全国各地的非营利组织、文化机构,还有很多其他很酷的地方。

Today, we're featuring 2 stories from The Moth's Community Program, which through workshops and events brings storytelling to nonprofits, cultural institutions, and a bunch of other cool places around the country.

Community Program 呈现过的故事主题非常广,从退伍军人和移民经历,到心理健康和文化身份认同都有。

The Community Program has featured stories spanning topics from veteran and immigrant experiences to mental health and cultural identity.

这一期,我们会聚焦来自我们 Justice Initiative 的故事。

On this episode, we're focusing on stories from our Justice Initiative.

仅在二零二六年,我们就录下了很多故事:有在亲人被监禁中艰难前行的家庭成员,有把在刑罚体系里获得的经历和技能用起来的创业者,也有经历暴力之后找到宽恕的幸存者。

In 2026 alone, we've recorded stories from family members navigating incarceration, entrepreneurs who've used experiences and skills acquired in the penal system, and survivors of violence who found forgiveness.

这些故事放在一起,讲述了人们正在以许多不同方式携手合作,重新想象正义可以是什么样子。

Together, these stories tell of the many ways people are working together to reimagine what justice can look like.

我们的第一个故事来自 Dolores Canales,她是在 San Francisco 的一个社区工作坊里讲述这个故事的。

Our first story is from Dolores Canales, who told her story at a community workshop in San Francisco.

接下来是 Dolores,在 The Moth 的现场。

Here's Dolores, live at The Moth.
F2
F21:15

谢谢。

Thanks.
F1
F11:17

好,这样可以吗?

Okay, like that?

我曾经在 Chowchilla State Prison for Women 服刑,九年刑期里服了七年,而那里也是我很多社群伙伴现在仍然生活的地方。

I was in Chowchilla State Prison for Women, serving 7 years on a 9-year prison sentence, and this is where much of my community still resides.

在我被监禁期间,我在监狱里做过很多工作,其中一份是在项目办公室工作。

During my incarceration, I had many jobs within the institution, and one of those jobs was working in the program office.

我在 D Facility Program 工作,那里是 captain、lieutenant、sergeant 办公室所在的地方。

I worked in D Facility Program, and this is where the captain, lieutenant, sergeant all had their offices.

我们每个人都有自己的办公室,我的同伴和同事们也都有自己的办公室。每天早上我们去上班,我会带上我的 Kirk Franklin 和 Shirley Caesar 的福音音乐 CD。

We all had our own office, my peers and my colleagues, we had our own office, and in the mornings, we'd show up to work, and I'd take my Kirk Franklin and my Shirley Caesar gospel CDs.

有一天早上,我在放 Shirley Caesar 的 Amazing Grace,我的同事 Ty 听着听着就哭了。Ty 当时是无期徒刑、不得假释,而且她——直到今天,她现在仍然在监狱里。

And one morning, I was playing Amazing Grace by Shirley Caesar, and my coworker, Ty, who was serving life without the possibility of parole, and is— who still is in prison right now to this day, began to cry.

但那是一种撕心裂肺的哭声,像是从她灵魂深处发出来的,你能听见那种痛苦。

But it was a gut-wrenching cry, like deep within her soul, you could hear the agony.

她哭出声的时候,我走到她身边抱住她,然后我就是——我知道。

And as she cried out, and I went up to her and I hugged her, and I just— I knew.

我说,你已经厌倦待在这里了,对吗?

I said, you're tired of being here, aren't you?

她说,是的。

And she said, yes.

于是我让她继续在我怀里哭,而我们也变得非常亲近。

So I let her continue to cry in my arms, but we became very close.

就在那一刻,我们建立了联系。我们说,我们是彼此“不同爸爸的姐妹”。

We bonded at that moment, and we say we're each other's sister from another mister.

有一次,Ty 跟我说,她从小到大最想要的,就是一场属于她自己的轮滑生日派对。

One time, Ty had shared with me that all she ever wanted when growing up was her very own roller skating party.

所以 Ty 的生日快到了,我就决定,我要想办法给她弄一双轮滑鞋。

So Ty had a birthday coming up, and I had decided I was gonna find a way to get her some roller skates.

我心里想,我要不要请某个工作人员把轮滑鞋带进来?

I thought to myself, should I ask some staff to bring roller skates?

因为监狱里是不允许有轮滑鞋的。

Because roller skates are not allowed in prison.

我们没有那种东西。

We don't have any.

但后来我又想了想,我想,我可不希望任何人因为一双轮滑鞋丢了工作。

But then I thought about it, and I thought, I would not want anybody to lose their job over roller skates.

所以我就想,那我来做一双轮滑鞋吧。

So I thought, I'll make some roller skates.

所以我想,只要能弄到轮子就行。

So I thought, if I could just get wheels.

我就开始盯着所有带轮子的东西看。

I started looking at everything with wheels.

我看过那些拖把桶,但后来我想,哎呀,那些轮子太难拆了,再说要是我们没了拖把桶,那些女人会生气的。

I was looking at the mop buckets, but then I thought, oh, they were too hard to take off, plus the women would get angry if we didn't have our mop buckets.

然后有一天,我走进 chapel,我以前也在那里干过活,我跟那两个 clerk 一起进去。

So then one day I go into the chapel, where I used to work there at one time too, and I go with the two clerks.

她们俩都是判了无期的人。

They were both lifers.

我就跟她们说,我需要一些轮子。

And I'm telling them, I need some wheels.

我要给 Ty 做一双轮滑鞋。

I'm gonna make Ty some roller skates.

所以我说,我要拿 Chaplain Doherty 的一把椅子,把那些轮子拆下来,因为那椅子上有五个轮子,而我只需要四个。

So I said, I'm gonna get one of the chairs of Chaplain Doherty's, and I'm gonna take those wheels, 'cause they have five wheels on 'em, and I only needed four.

所以我打算留一个在那儿。

So I was gonna leave one behind.

那当然,她们都挺我,准备让我把轮子拿走。

So of course they had my back and were gonna let me take the wheels.

所以我拿到了轮子,结果 chaplain 走进来了。

So I get my wheels, and the chaplain ends up walking in.

Chaplain Doherty 看了看,一边跟我们说话,我们大家还都在笑什么的。

Chaplain Doherty looks, and he's talking to us, and we're all laughing and everything.

然后他看着那把椅子说,这把椅子上原来不是有轮子吗?

And then he looks at the chair and he says, wasn't there wheels on that chair?

然后我们三个人全都不说话了,就那么看着他。

And everybody, the three of us, would just stay quiet and we're looking at him.

但我又不想让他以为,也许这事跟她们其中一个有关。

But then I don't want him to assume that maybe, you know, one of them had something to do with it.

所以我说,是我拿的,Chaplain Doherty。

So I said, I took them, Chaplain Doherty.

轮子在我这儿。

I have the wheels.

他有点困惑地看着我,说,我还能拿回来吗?

So he looks at me kind of puzzled, and he goes, am I gonna get them back?

我说,嗯,大概拿不回来了。

And I said, well, probably not.

你知道,我的意思是——然后他就看着我,摇了摇头,走开了。

You know, I mean— And he just looked at me, shook his head, and walked away.

所以这时候,我已经有轮子了,我心里想着,好吧,我去弄一双全新的州里发的 tennis shoes。

So at this time, I have my wheels, and I'm thinking to myself, okay, I'll get a pair of brand-new state tennis shoes.

那种鞋周围一圈是白色橡胶,配黑色。

They have the white rubber around them with the black.

就像仿的 Converse。

They're like imitation Converse.

所以我心想,我就弄一双那种鞋,然后在橡胶上打几个洞,把轮子装上去。

And so I thought to myself, I'll get some of those, and I'll just make some holes in the rubber, and I'll put the wheels in them.

但后来我一直在想这事,我在 yard 里走来走去,大家就开始问我,你怎么了?

But then I was thinking, and I was walking around the yard, and people started asking me, what's wrong with you?

你这是怎么回事?

What's going on with you?

其实是 Gypsy 和 Sleepy 问的。

Gypsy and Sleepy, actually.

Gypsy 和 Sleepy。

Gypsy and Sleepy.

然后我就跟她们分享了我的构想。

And I shared my vision.

我说,我有一些轮子,我要给 Ty 做一双 roller skates。

I said, I have some wheels, I'm gonna make Ty some roller skates.

我说,可我唯一能想到的做法,就是把轮子直接粘到网球鞋上。

I said, but the only thing I could think of doing is just sticking them in the tennis shoes.

然后他们就说,那不如我们把轮子送到 Work Exchange 后面,我们拿网球鞋,用 Crazy Glue 把它们粘上去,再把木头精确地刻成鞋子的大小,然后把轮子钻进鞋子里?

So then they said, well, how about we send the wheels behind Work Exchange, we get the tennis shoes and Crazy Glue them on there, and carve the wood precisely to the size of the shoe, and drill the wheels in the shoe?

我当时就想,哇,这主意太棒了。

And I thought, you know, what a terrific idea.

我们现在要做的,就是把它们偷偷弄到 Work Exchange 后面去。

All we have to do now is smuggle them behind Work Exchange.

不过完全没问题。

But no problem at all.

所以,我们把轮子弄到了 Work Exchange 后面,把鞋子做好了,然后现在要把它们带回来。

So, so we get the wheels behind the Work Exchange, we get our shoes made, and then now to bring them back.

他们说,鞋子做好了。

They said, you know, the shoes are ready.

他们把鞋子带了过来,给我看,那真是你能想象到的最漂亮的一双鞋。

And they got them through, and they showed them to me, and they were the most beautiful pair of shoes that you could imagine.

我立刻心想,要是我当时只是自己留着那些轮子,Ty 最后大概就只能得到一双网球鞋,上面随便钻了几个洞。

And I immediately thought to myself, if I would have just hung on to those wheels, Ty would have ended up with just, like, some holes in a tennis shoe.

可是当我把这个想法分享出来,事情就这样发展了起来——然后,又有别的事情开始发生。

But sharing the vision and what transpired— but then something else started to happen.
F2
F25:36

什么事?

What?
F1
F15:36

大家开始理解这个想法,也开始被它带动了。

People started to catch on to the vision.

所以他们马上说,我们来画一个背景。

So they immediately said, we'll draw a backdrop.

我们只需要一条全新的、州里配发的床单。

All we need is a brand-new state-issued sheet.

我们要画一个小吃吧和一个溜冰场的背景。

We'll draw a backdrop of a snack bar and a skating rink.

于是他们也参与进来,主动说可以负责画背景。

And so they became involved, and they offered to do the art for the backdrop.

然后我弄到了一盒州里配发的手套,就是工作人员用的那种。

Then I got a box of state-issued gloves that the staff use.

你要是把它们吹起来,它们就会像气球一样鼓起来。

And if you blow them up, they blow up like a balloon.

但如果你就那么放着,它看起来会有点像一头牛,或者什么奇怪的东西。

But if you just leave them like that, it's going to kind of look like a cow or something.

所以你得把那些手指部分捏在一起,绑起来,然后在外面系上蝴蝶结,做几个蝴蝶结。

So you have to get the fingers and tie them together, and then put bows around it, make some bows.

这样你就可以把它们当气球用了。

And then you can use them as balloons.

所以我们有了气球,有了背景,所有东西都差不多准备好了。

So we had our balloons, we had our backdrop, we had everything getting ready to go.

然后我又弄到了一些粉色粉笔。

And then I got ahold of some pink chalk.

我就想,我要把她的鞋带染成粉色。

So I thought, I'm going to dye her shoelaces pink.

于是我用粉笔把她的鞋带染成了粉色。

So I dye her shoelaces pink with the chalk.

我当时在房间里,跟我的其他室友在一起,跟她们说现在发生了什么。

And I'm in my room with my other roommates, and I'm telling them what's happening.

然后我的一个室友有一些 gel pens,粉色的笔。

And then one of my roommates has some gel pens, pink pens.

嗯,如果你认识 Ty,你就知道她就是那种又酷又有劲儿的小姑娘。

Well, if you know Ty, you know she's all that sass.

所以当时有一首歌,叫《I'm Bossy》。

So there was a song at the time called "I'm Bossy."

上面写着,我很霸道。

It says, I'm bossy.
M1
M16:38

我很霸道。

I'm bossy.
F1
F16:39

不过是那种你真的又爱又恨的霸道。

The one you really love to hate, though.

所以,来吧,你懂的。

So come on, you know.

然后我就想,这简直就是 Ty。

And so I thought, that's totally Ty.

所以我们用 gel pen 在她的鞋子上写字,还画了音符,写着:我很霸道。

So we wrote on her shoes in the gel pen with music notes, I'm bossy.

然后我们把所有东西都准备好,包起来。我们在五一六那个 unit——那是一个 housing unit——把整个 housing unit 的正面都装饰起来。

And then we get everything ready to go, and we wrap it, and we have 516, the unit— that's a housing unit— we decorate the whole front of the housing unit.

然后,你知道,工作人员也就那样,反正没有喝酒,没有打架,所以他们也支持。

And, you know, staff just kind of, you know, there was no drinking, no fighting, so they were on board.

我们要办一个 roller skating 派对。

We were going to have a roller skating party.

所以我们把一切都装饰好,然后把 Ty 带出来,因为这是一个惊喜生日派对。

So we decorate everything, and then we bring Ty out because it's a surprise birthday party.

她看到自己的鞋子,看到那个 roller skating rink,整个人都不敢相信。

And she sees her shoes, she sees the roller skating rink, and she's just in disbelief.

然后我们又进一步,让 Ty 穿上那双鞋,Babyface 和 Brooks 扶着 Ty 的胳膊,我们陪着她走,带着她在 D Yard 里滑旱冰。

And then we took it to the next step, and we have Ty put on the shoes, and Babyface and Brooks hold Ty's arms, and we walk with her, and we roller skate her around D Yard.

我永远都不会忘记,那幅画面永远刻在我心里。

And I will never forget, the picture is forever cemented in my heart.

她穿着 roller skates 在 D Yard 里滑着,眼泪就一直从眼睛里流下来。

As she's rolling around D Yard in her roller skates with tears just rolling down her eyes.

你知道我学到了什么吗?

And you know what I learned?

要相信不可能的事,相信任何事都能做到,也相信希望是灵魂的锚。

To believe in the impossible, to make anything happen, and that hope is the anchor to the soul.

谢谢大家。

Thank you.
M1
M17:58

刚才讲述的是 Dolores Canales。

That was Dolores Canales.

Dolores 是 The Bail Project 的 Director of Community Outreach,也是 California Families Against Solitary Confinement 的联合创始人,之前还曾是 Soros Justice Fellow。

Dolores is the Director of Community Outreach for The Bail Project, the co-founder of California Families Against Solitary Confinement, and was previously a Soros Justice Fellow.

Dolores 在 University of California, San Francisco 的 Amend 的帮助下讲述了她的故事。Amend 是一个项目,运用公共卫生实践来改变美国惩教系统的文化,并改善在这些设施里工作和生活的人们的健康。

Dolores told her story with help from Amend at University of California, San Francisco, a program that uses public health practices to transform U.S. correctional culture and improve the health of those who work and live in these facilities.

我们在那里举办的 community workshop 得到了 Langlois Foundation 的慷慨支持。

Our community workshop there was generously supported by the Langlois Foundation.

当我想到 storytelling 在我人生中所扮演的角色时,我意识到 storytelling 所拥有的力量。

When I think about the role storytelling has had on my life, I recognize the power storytelling holds.

我曾因为一项我没有犯下的罪被定罪,部分原因是我拒绝通过出庭为自己辩护来讲述自己的故事。

I was convicted of a crime I did not commit, partly because I refused to tell my story by testifying in my own defense.

在我被监禁的二十二年里,我明白了分享自己的故事、建立属于自己的叙事有多么重要。

During my 22 years of incarceration, I learned how vital it was to share my story and establish my own narrative.

在我的 parole hearing 上,我坚持自己无罪,而这通常会被看作是拒绝承担责任,结果就是 parole 被拒。

At my parole hearing, I maintained my innocence, which usually is seen as refusing to take responsibility and results in being denied parole.

当 parole board 投票决定释放我时,我的大多数同伴都很惊讶。

Most of my peers were surprised when the parole board voted to release me.

我获释之后,把我的故事分享给了 Legal Aid Society of Westchester County,结果在我获释后的五周内,我就获得了一份全职工作。

Upon my release, I shared my story with the Legal Aid Society of Westchester County, and that resulted in full-time employment within five weeks of my release.

几年后,我在法庭上讲述了我的故事,最终法官撤销了对我的 wrongful conviction。

Several years later, I told my story in a courtroom, and the judge ultimately vacated my wrongful conviction.

如果我没有学会 storytelling 的重要性,也没有学会该怎么讲述自己的故事,我不知道今天的我会在哪里。

Had I not learned the importance of storytelling and how to tell my story, I don't know where I would be today.

掌控自己的叙事,这件事有一种很强大的力量。分享你自己的故事,不管是在舞台上,讲给你在乎的人听,在 parole board 面前,还是在 Moth Community Workshop 里。

There's something powerful about taking charge of your narrative. Sharing your own story, whether it's on a stage, to someone you care about, before a parole board, or in a Moth Community Workshop.

广告之后,是一个关于愤怒和疗愈的故事。

After the break, a story about anger and healing.

马上回来。

Back in a moment.

欢迎回来。

Welcome back.

我们的下一个故事,是 Christopher Blackwell 在一场社区展示活动上讲述的。那场活动邀请了五位非常出色的工作坊参与者,他们的故事是从我们每年通过社区项目听到的数百个故事中选出来的。

Our next story was told by Christopher Blackwell at a community showcase, which featured five remarkable workshop participants whose stories were selected from the hundreds heard through our community program each year.

Christopher 当时是在 Washington State 的一所监狱里分享了他的故事。

Christopher was able to share his story from inside a Washington State prison.

观众先观看了他预先录制好的故事版本,画面里还配有他的家庭照片;之后,Christopher 现场连线加入活动,和当晚的主持人 Peter Aguero 进行了一段对谈。

After the audience watched a prerecorded version of his story shared alongside family photographs, Christopher joined the event live for a conversation with the evening's host, Peter Aguero.

接下来我们会同时播出这个故事和这段对谈。

We'll feature both the story and the conversation.

下面是 Christopher 在 The Moth 的现场讲述。

Here's Christopher live at The Moth.
M2
M210:19

我不记得自己第一次穿上 Philadelphia Eagles 球衣的时候有多大,也不记得第一次看他们比赛是什么时候,但那时我还小。

I don't know how old I was the first time I wore a Philadelphia Eagles jersey or when I watched that first game, but I was young.

我真的很小。

I was very young.

我只知道,我崇拜的那些男人,我父亲和我祖父,都爱那支 Birds。

All I knew was the men I idolized, my father and grandfather, loved those Birds.

我记得我才刚满五岁的时候,我爸会用一台老式 VHS 播放机把比赛录下来。

I remember when I was barely five years old, my dad would record the games on this old VHS player.

他星期天要上班,所以他得确保自己在木材厂剥完原木、干完漫长的一班回到家之后,还能看到那场比赛。

He worked Sundays, so he had to make sure the game was there when he came home after a long shift at the wood mill skinning logs.

星期天他下班后从保姆那里接我时,我总是特别兴奋,因为我知道我们要一起看我们的球队了。

When he picked me up on Sundays from the babysitter after his shift, I was always excited because I knew we were going to watch our team.

我们回到家,他会给我们弄微波电视餐,拿上一瓶啤酒,然后我们就坐到电视机前,把录好的录像带放进去,看我们的 Birds 命运如何。

We'd get home, he'd make us TV dinners, grab a beer, and we'd park ourselves in front of the TV, pop in the recorded tape, and watch the fate of our Birds.

我几乎看不懂比赛,这并不重要。

It didn't matter that I barely understood the game.

因为我坐在他身边,而他是我最想得到认可的那个人。

I was sitting next to him, the person I wanted to accept me more than anyone.

但我和我爸的关系里,也有很黑暗的一面。

But there was a dark side to the relationship with my dad.

Eagles 打得怎么样,会决定我爸喝多少啤酒,而他喝多少啤酒,又会决定那天晚上会变成什么样。

How the Eagles did, well, that determined how many beers my dad drank, which then determined how that night would look.

换句话说:我爸是个很凶残的酒鬼。

Translation: my dad was a vicious alcoholic.

如果 Eagles 输了,我很容易就会变成他的目标,他会把怒火发泄在我身上。

If the Eagles lost, I could easily become his target, and he would take his rage out on me.

在这种时候,我知道自己必须如履薄冰。

In these moments, I knew to walk on eggshells.

所以问题总是:我会不会只是因为做我自己,就挨打?

So the question was always, would I get hit for simply being me?

在我爸喝多之后,我就成了那个怎么做都不对的孩子。

A kid that never did the right thing after my dad drank too much.

而这也是我爸从他爸那里学来的东西。

Something my dad picked up from his dad.

随着我慢慢长大,我了解到很多关于 Eagles 和我们家的事。

As I got older, I learned a lot about the Eagles in our family.

我知道了,我家已经有三代人都是 Eagles 的铁杆球迷。

I learned that I come from three generations of diehard Eagles fans.

自从 Eagles 在一九三三年成立以来,我们家的男人就一直忠心地支持着他们。

Since the creation of the Eagles in 1933, the men in my family have been devoted to supporting them.

和我一样,成为 Eagles 球迷,并不是他们自己选择的,而是他们之前的父亲替他们选好的。

Like me, being an Eagles fan was chosen for them by the fathers before them.

它像一件传家宝一样被传下来,有时候也像一个诅咒,毕竟我们的 Birds 经历过很多令人沮丧的年份,比如一九八一年 Super Bowl 输给 Raiders,那一年我出生。

It was handed down like a family heirloom or a curse at times, as our Birds have had many years of discouraging moments, like the loss in the 1981 Super Bowl to the Raiders, the year I was born.

我爸把那场输球怪到我头上。

My dad blamed me for that loss.

他说,他不可能在这么近的时间里连续得到两个祝福。

Claimed he couldn't receive two blessings so close to each other.

好笑的是,他这么说的时候,我从来没觉得自己是什么祝福。

Funny, when he said it, I never felt like I was a blessing.

我爷爷总是说,当 Eagles 的球迷,要承受的东西可多了,这点永远别忘。

My grandpa always said, there's a lot that comes with being an Eagles fan, never forget that.

他会低头看着年纪还小的我说,我们这个球迷群体出了名地好斗,出了名地不跟你废话,历史上还不止一次被形容成狂暴、失控。

He would look down on my young frame and say, we're known for being aggressive, no-bullshit fan base, and have even been described as rabid and uncontrollable quite a few times throughout history.

他的嘴角会慢慢扬起一丝笑。

A smile would curl at the corner of his lips.

“也许我们就是这样,”他会一边把我的肩膀抓得更紧,一边这么说。

And maybe we are, he'd say as he gripped my shoulder tighter.

“妈的,我们可是会朝 Santa 扔雪球的人,而且我小时候,我们是唯一一个底下建了监狱的 NFL 球场。”

Shit, we throw snowballs at Santa, and when I was growing up, we were the only NFL stadium to have a jail built under it.

很多 Cowboys 球迷在 Vet 被揍过。

A lot of Cowboys fans got beat up at the Vet.

他讲起这段历史的时候,特别自豪。

He was proud when he talked about this history.

我能看出来,他在回味自己年轻时去看 Eagles 比赛的那些时刻。

I could see him reliving those moments of his younger years while attending Eagles games.

我从爷爷那里了解的历史越多,就越接受这种文化,也越接受当一个 Eagles 球迷对他、对像他那样的人来说意味着什么。

The more of the history I learned from my grandpa, the more I embraced the culture and identity of what being an Eagles fan meant to him and guys like him.

就是那种冲到你脸上、咄咄逼人、恨死 Dallas Cowboys 的混蛋。

An in-your-face, aggressive, Dallas Cowboys-hating motherfucker.
F2
F213:40

我完全投入进去了。

I was all in.
M2
M213:42

说实话,在我人生的大部分时间里,我都很喜欢这样。

And honestly, for most of my life, I loved it.

后来有一天,我二十出头的时候,一个关系很近的朋友开始吹嘘他的 Seattle Seahawks 打败了我的 Eagles。

And then one day, when I was in my early 20s, a close friend started bragging about his Seattle Seahawks beating my Eagles.

朋友之间看各自球队比赛的时候互相放狠话,其实挺正常的。

Talking shit while friends' teams are playing is pretty normal.

但对我来说,那从来都不像是正常的事,而且总让我觉得是在针对我个人。

But it never felt normal to me, and it always felt like a personal attack.

当时,我们坐在监狱的活动室里看电视。

In this moment, we were sitting in a prison day room watching TV.

我注意到,随着比赛继续,他也不停地不尊重 Eagles,我内心深处开始真正积起一股怒火。

I noticed as the game went on and he continued to disrespect the Eagles, a real anger began to fester deep within me.

我甚至觉得他都没注意到我变得有多生气。

I don't even think he noticed how angry I was becoming.

最后,我站了起来,一怒之下把他推倒在地。

So finally, I stood up and in a fit of rage, I shoved him to the ground.

他跳起来,质问我凭什么动手碰他,我一句话都没说,直接用尽全力一拳打在他脸上,然后吼道:“去你妈的傻逼 Seahawks!”

When he jumped to his feet and challenged me for putting my hands on him, without a word, I punched him as hard as I could in the face and yelled, fuck your dumbass Seahawks!

我环顾四周,看看狱警或者其他人有没有看到这一幕。

I looked around to see if the prison guards or anyone else had seen the interaction.

我发现他们没看见之后,就走开了。

When I noticed they didn't, I walked away.

我并不觉得丢脸。

I wasn't embarrassed.

我把这件事归结为:我不过就是个典型的 Eagles 球迷。

I attributed this scenario to me just being a typical Eagles fan.

后来我们还是和好了,继续当朋友,但我们之间再也回不到从前了。

We eventually made up as friends, but things were never the same between us.

类似的事还有别的,因为 Eagles,因为我像保护自己的第一个孩子一样维护他们,发生过不少冲突。

There were other instances, altercations over the Eagles and me defending them as if they were my firstborn child.

有人说某个球员的坏话,我会威胁要揍他;裁判一次糟糕的判罚,我也会气到砸电视。

I would threaten people with violence for talking about a player or break a TV over a bad call by a ref.

这样的事还有很多很多。

The list goes on and on.

有时候,看到别人给我的对手球队鼓掌,我就会让那股怒火越积越多。

Sometimes I would let the anger build as people would clap for another team against mine.

尤其是 Cowboys 的球迷,那种时候我气到真的会浑身发抖。

Especially when it was Cowboys fans, to the point where I would literally be shaking, I was so mad.

当我开始处理到底是什么把我带进了监狱,也就是夺走另一个人的生命这件事时,我不得不深入去看,我是怎么把暴力当成解决问题的办法来使用、来思考的。

As I started to process what brought me to prison, taking another human life, I had to dive deep into how I used and thought of violence as a solution to solve my issues.

幸运的是,在监狱里,有一些男人指导了我,他们早就长期处理过自己人生里类似的复杂问题。

Luckily, I was able to be mentored by other men in prison who'd long worked through such complications with their lives.

他们也一直在努力弄清楚,对他们来说,悔意和承担责任到底是什么样子。

As they work towards what remorse and accountability look like for them.

我三十多岁的时候,一边努力拿大学学位,一边推动量刑改革法案通过。就在那时,我遇到了一个很了不起的女人,Chelsea。

In my 30s, while working on earning my college degree and fighting to pass sentencing reform legislation, I met an incredible woman, Chelsea.

我们是因为都热爱倡导工作,也热爱以社区为中心的工作而认识的。

We met through our love of advocacy and community-centered work.

我们相爱了,而且我们对彼此的爱,以一种很美好的方式慢慢发展起来。

We fell in love, and our love for each other developed in a beautiful way.

她从来没有因为我暴力的过去而评判我,而且一直提醒我,她爱的是我后来成为的这个男人,一个拒绝用暴力解决问题的人,一个会先想到别人的人。

She never judged me for my violent past and continuously reminded me she loved the man I'd become, a person that refuses to use violence to solve my problems and someone who thinks of others first.

除了碰到 Eagles 的事。

Except when it came to the Eagles.

在这件事上,我心里还保留着一点敌意,而这种敌意曾经是我成长过程中整个人生的核心。

This was a place I still held a sliver of the hostility I'd centered my entire life around while growing up.

有一天,球队输了场很糟的比赛,我一个人闷闷不乐,怎么都不肯从头顶那片乌云里走出来,Chelsea 就直接来跟我谈了。

One day, when I was sulking over a bad loss and simply refused to be pulled from the dark cloud that hung over my head, Chelsea confronted me.

宝贝,怎么了?

Babe, what's wrong?

这只是一场比赛啊。

It's just a game.

你为什么会对一件你其实没有任何实际投入的事这么上头?

Why are you so invested in something you have no investment in?

一开始,我把这个问题敷衍过去了,心想,我是 Eagles 球迷啊,这还用说吗。

At first, I brushed the question off thinking, I'm an Eagles fan, duh.

我甚至还试着解释说,她永远不会懂,因为她不是体育迷。

I even tried to explain that she could never understand as she wasn't a sports fan.

你不是像我这样长大的。

You didn't grow up like me.

我说,你不会明白的。

You wouldn't understand, I said.

但这一次,当我认真想这件事的时候,某个东西突然通了。

But when I thought about it this time, something clicked.

我甚至连自己给她的回答,还有自己的行为,都不理解。

I didn't even understand the response I had given her or my behavior.

而我尊重她,也想回答她提出的那个问题。

And I respected her and I wanted to answer the question she posed.

为什么一碰到 Eagles,我就会表现得像个彻头彻尾的傻瓜?

Why did I act like a complete fool when it came to the Eagles?

为什么我会为了一个体育球队去伤害另一个人?

And why would I harm another human over a sports team?

我必须找到答案。

I had to find the answer.

在探索的过程中,我得出了一个结论:Eagles 是我和我爸爸、我爷爷之间唯一真正的连接。

While exploring, I came to the conclusion that the Eagles were my only real connection to my dad and grandpa.

我意识到,只要有人谈论 Eagles,我就会把它当成他们是在说我爸爸和我爷爷。

I realized that when someone was talking about the Eagles, I took it as if they were saying something about them.

我觉得自己有义务捍卫这两个男人的荣誉,所以我拒绝退让。

I refused to hold back in defending the honor of the two men I felt obliged to defend.

至于为什么会有这种义务感,老实说,我也说不上来。

Why that obligation was there, I honestly couldn't say.

这些年来,我和这两个男人的距离都越来越远。

Over the years, I've moved further and further away from both men.

我爷爷离开了我们,去组建了另一个家庭,而我父亲则继续酗酒,用各种伤人的方式对待我们。

My grandpa left us to start another family, and my father continued on with his drinking in abusive ways.

偶尔,我们也会联系一下。

From time to time, we would connect.

我爷爷会给我带一些和 Eagles 有关的东西。

My grandpa would bring me something related to the Eagles.

有一次,是一块小小的银色 Casio 手表,表盘中间有八十年代的队标。

One time, it was a small silver Casio watch that had the 1980s logo in the center.

还有一次,是他送给我的第一件 Randall Cunningham 球衣。

Another one was that first Randall Cunningham jersey he gave me.

他立刻就成了我最喜欢的球员。

He instantly became my favorite player.

我爸和我会打电话聊 Eagles,但等我们把所有教练犯的错都聊完之后,我们其实就没什么共同点了,除了那一大堆没有解决、也永远不会被处理的创伤,只会像一件最喜欢球员的旧球衣一样,一代一代传下去。

My dad and I would call and talk about the Eagles, but once we talked through all the coaches' mistakes, we really had nothing in common aside from the mountain of unresolved trauma that will never be processed, just handed down like an old jersey of a favorite player.

我后来意识到,Eagles 其实就只是一支运动队。

I've come to realize that the Eagles are just a sports team.

更重要的是,我不再背着那种从一九三三年开始,就由创造我的那些男人一代代传下来的 toxic masculinity。

And most importantly, I no longer carry around the toxic masculinity that's been passed down since 1933 by the men that created me.

这个循环终于被打破了。

That cycle has finally been broken.

二零一七年,Eagles 赢下他们第一个 Super Bowl 的时候,我坐在监狱牢房里,任由眼泪从脸上流下来。

In 2017, when the Eagles won their first Super Bowl, I sat in a prison cell and let tears roll down my face.

我没有觉得羞愧,也没有觉得难堪。

I wasn't ashamed or embarrassed.

我朋友难以置信地看着我,问我,兄弟,你在哭吗?

My friend watched in disbelief and asked, my dude, are you crying?

我看着他,不怕被评判,说,对,我刚刚亲眼看到了我爷爷一辈子都没能看到的事,而他一生都爱着那支 Eagles。

I looked at him without fear of being judged and said, yeah, I just witnessed something my grandpa never got to see, and he loved those Eagles his whole life.

如今,我会把我的故事讲给更年轻的男人听。

Today, I teach younger men my story.

我让他们接触像 toxic masculinity 这样的词,让他们在还来得及的时候,了解它在他们生活里扮演的角色。

I expose them to terms like toxic masculinity so they can learn about the role it plays in their lives before it's too late.

我很幸运,能把自己的痛苦和挣扎变成帮助别人的工具,就像我很幸运能娶到 Chelsea 一样。

I've been blessed to turn my pain and struggle into a tool to help others, just like I was blessed to marry Chelsea.

但如果我完全说实话,我到现在还是他妈的受不了任何和 Cowboys 有关的东西。

But if I'm being fully honest, I still cannot fucking stand Cowboys things.
M3
M319:54

好。

All right.

好。

All right.

哎,等一下,等一下,各位朋友。

Well, hold up, hold up, good people.

大家都把手指交叉,祈祷一下。

Everybody cross your fingers.

嘿,Chris?

Hey, Chris?
F2
F220:10

在呢,先生。

Yes, sir.
M4
M420:11

怎么样,兄弟?

What's up, brother?
F2
F220:12

在。

Yes.

怎么了?

What's up?

怎么样,哥们?

What's up, man?

你还好吗?

How you doing?
M3
M320:18

所以 Chris 现在人在 Washington State。

So Chris right now is in Washington State.

他现在是通过我们的连线接进来的。

He's patched in through us right now.

Chris,我们这里坐满了一屋子人。

Chris, we got a room full of people.

我们刚刚听完了你的故事。

We just heard your story.

特别真挚,也特别美。

It was effusive and beautiful.

大家给了很多掌声。

A lot of applause.

各位,连线会有一点点延迟,所以如果你们听着有点怪,别担心。

There's a little bit of a delay, folks, so if you— if it sounds weird, don't worry about it.

兄弟,你今天感觉怎么样?

How do you feel today, man?
F2
F220:39

哎呀,兄弟,我感觉特别好。

Oh man, I feel great, man.

我感觉特别好。

I feel great.

我觉得很荣幸。

I feel honored.

能跟你们一起做这件事,兄弟,我觉得这是一份礼物。

I feel like it's a gift to do this with y'all, man.

能在大家面前分享是一份礼物,而作为一个被监禁的人,能有这个机会,也是一份礼物。

It's a gift to present in front of everybody, and it's a gift to have the opportunity as an incarcerated person.
M3
M320:51

是啊,兄弟。

Yeah, man.

不,能让你和我们在一起,成为 The Moth 的一部分,真的是我们的荣幸。

No, it's a real honor to have you here with us and be a part of The Moth.

非常感谢你。

Thank you so much.

不过我一直在想你的故事。

But so I've been thinking a lot about your story.

也跟大家说一下,我们前几天聊过。

Just so everybody else knows, I mean, we talked the other day.

我小时候有那件 Randall Cunningham 的球衣。

I had that Randall Cunningham jersey when I was growing up.

我爸是 Eagles 的球迷。

My dad was an Eagles fan.

他还有季票。

He had season tickets.

但从来没带过我。

Never invited me.

我就想,什么情况?

Like, what?

你现在还是 Eagles 球迷吗?

You're still an Eagles fan?

不,我知道,我知道,我知道。

No, I know, I know, I know.

不过你知道,你把那种特别强烈的球迷情绪和 toxic masculinity 联系起来,这个连接真的很厉害。

But so that, you know, you made a really amazing connection with that really intense fandom and toxic masculinity.

我就是想问,对你来说,toxic masculinity 这个概念怎么定义?它对你意味着什么?为什么把它说出来很重要?

I was just wondering, like, defining that to you, toxic masculinity, what does that mean to you and why is it important to bring it up?
F2
F221:35

是啊,对我来说,兄弟,那是一个很大的——那是我生活里很大的一个东西,它影响着我怎么跟人相处,怎么解决生活里的状况和问题,你知道,也影响我怎么跟其他男性朋友相处之类的。

Yeah, I mean, for me, man, it was the big— it was a big thing in my life that was consuming how I interacted with people, how I solved life's issues and problems, you know, how I interacted with other male friends and stuff like that.

就像,你知道,前几天我和你聊过这个,对吧?

Like, you know, me and you had talked about it the other day, right?
F1
F121:52

嗯哼。

Mm-hmm.
F2
F221:53

你知道吗,比如说,我们本来可以只是抱抱朋友,说,嘿,兄弟,我爱你,兄弟,我挺你,兄弟,我在这儿陪你,或者在朋友面前哭出来,对吧?

You know, like instead of just being able to hug a friend and say, hey man, I love you, man, I got you, man, I'm here for you, or cry in front of a friend, right?

你知道,我们却是互相动手打来打去。

You know, we punch on each other.

你知道,我们有点像那种 tough love,对吧?

You know, we kind of got that tough love thing, right?

而且别人教我们说,这才是真正的生活方式,可这种方式影响了我,让我这一辈子很长时间都活在一种特别有毒的状态里,以至于我觉得暴力是可以的。

And we're taught that's really the way to live, but that way had influenced me to live in such a toxic way throughout my life that I thought violence was okay.

我以为那些事是对的。

I thought those things were right.

但其实,当我那样表现的时候,身边的人都会紧张。

But really, people were nervous when they were around me when I acted like that.

而我真的一直没察觉到这一点,直到我开始长大,慢慢学到一些相关的能力和认知。

And I didn't really pick up on that until I started to grow up and develop a little bit of skills or knowledge around that.

一旦你意识到了,就会觉得挺难为情的。

And once you do, you kind of feel embarrassed.
M3
M322:28

嗯,因为——现在我回头看那些事,或者那些行为,嗯,Chris,我也得说,我这辈子学到的一件事就是,大家在你身边紧张的原因之一,是因为你穿着写着 Philadelphia 的衣服。

Well, because— Right now when I look back on some of those things or some of those actions, well, Chris, I will say too, one thing I've learned in my life is one of the reasons why people were nervous around you is you were wearing clothes that said Philadelphia.

就像我戴——我戴我的——我戴 Phillies 帽子的时候。

Like when I wear— when I wear my— I wear a Phillies hat.
F2
F222:47

这点你可能说对了。

You might be right about that.
M3
M322:49

兄弟,哟,我戴 Phillies 帽子的时候,我天天戴。

Homie, yo, when I wear a Phillies hat, I wear it every day.

就像 COVID 来的时候,我当时想,我早就有六英尺距离了。

It was like when COVID happened, I was like, I already get six feet.

因为我本来就——人们本来就会给我足够的空间,你懂吧?

Like, because I'm already— people give me enough space, you know?
M2
M223:02

兄弟,我问你个问题——

You know, brother, let me ask you—
F2
F223:03

对,对,这点你说得没错。

Yeah, yeah, you're right about that.
M3
M323:06

我们聊过这个,就是那种美好,你知道,能做到这一点的美好。我很幸运,我有很好的男性朋友。

We talked about this, it's like that beauty of being able to, you know, I'm very lucky I got good male friends.

我们会互相拥抱,会告诉彼此我们爱对方。

We hug each other, we tell each other we love each other.

我觉得,真的觉得,和那种特别硬、特别强撑的生活方式相反的东西,就是温柔和脆弱。

I feel like, really feel like the opposite of that kind of, that really hard way of living is tenderness and vulnerability.

我很好奇,在你的生活里,你在哪里能有机会感受到温柔和脆弱?

And I'm curious, where do you get a chance to have tenderness and vulnerability in your life?

因为这是必要的。

Because it's necessary.

而你现在这种生活方式,会让这件事变得很难。

And the way you're living, it makes it very difficult.

所以你在哪里找到时间和空间,去拥有温柔和脆弱?

So where do you find time and the space for tenderness and vulnerability?
F2
F223:41

我的意思是,我每天都能找到,兄弟。

I mean, I find it every day, man.

现在我已经能做到这一点了,对吧?

Now I'm able to do that, right?

因为我对拥有这些关系感到自在,也有信心,对吧?

Because I'm comfortable and I'm confident in having those relationships, right?

我知道,给我的兄弟们一点爱是件好事,对吧?

I know that it's a good thing to give my homeboys some love, right?

拥抱我所有的朋友,用一种好的方式开开玩笑、打打闹闹,彼此都在乎对方,这也是件好事,对吧?

It's a good thing to hug all my friends and mess around in a nice way where we care about each other, right?

哭出来也没关系。

It's okay to cry.

对吧?

Right?

比如说,你知道,当我的一个朋友正在经历什么事,或者我自己正在经历什么事,那也没关系,对吧?

Like, you know, when one of my friends are going through something or I'm going through something, that's okay, right?

兄弟,我前几天刚收到一封信。

I just got a letter the other day, man.

是我小学时候的朋友,兄弟,BJ,兄弟。

My friend from grade school, man, BJ, man.

我从三年级就认识他了。

I've known him since 3rd grade.

你知道,他是个大块头,一米九三,Black 和 Native 混血,特别壮,真的很强壮,也在监狱里待过很久。

You know, big dude, 6'4", Black and Native, just big, really strong, did a bunch of time in prison.

兄弟在里面基本就只干一件事,举铁,你懂吧?

All bro did was hit the weights, you know?

所以全身都是纹身。

So fully tattooed.

兄弟,他前几天给我发了条消息,说,嘿兄弟,我爱你,bro。

Man, he writes me a message the other day, hey man, I love you, bro.

我就是想让你知道,我在这边一直想着你。

I just want you to know I'm out here thinking of you.

兄弟,我爱你,兄弟。

Man, I love you, man.

你为我做的一切,兄弟。

Everything you do for me, man.

每次你给我打电话,你知道,他是在给我一种很真实的爱,很深、很原始的爱,那种你能给你兄弟的爱,对吧?

Every time you call me, you know, he was shooting me some real love, deep, raw love that you can give to your homie, right?

这真的对我意义很大。

And it really means a lot.

但你年轻的时候,在我们很多人长大的那种环境里,你其实很少有机会这么做,因为我们被教导要坚强。

But you don't get to do that a lot when you're younger and you grow up in a lot of our environments because we're taught to be tough.

我们被教导要摆出那种,那种人设,对吧?

We're taught to put on that, that persona, right?

但这样感觉很好。

But it feels good.

所以我现在每天都能这么做。

So I get to do that every day.
M3
M324:49

但 Chris,这不正是那个问题吗?

Isn't that that thing though, Chris?

我们聊过这个。

We talked about it.

就是说,如果大家觉得爱就应该是 tough love,那爱本来不该是 tough 的,对吧?

Like, if the idea is that you're supposed to have tough love, love shouldn't be tough, right?
F2
F224:59

对,对,对,对,对。

Right, right, right, right, right.

爱应该是温柔的,兄弟。

Love should be tender, man.

爱应该是让人安心的。

Love should be comforting.

我觉得一旦男人,或者说男孩长成男人,他们就会有点能看见这一点。

And I think once, once men or boys grow into men, they're able to kind of see that.

他们能用一种更让人安心的方式看见这一点。

They're able to see that in a more comforting way.

而且,而且,而且我真正学到的是,如果你总是一副硬汉样,你这辈子是得不到那种美丽、有爱、很棒的女人的。

And, and, and what I really learned is you ain't gonna get no pretty, loving, amazing woman in your life if you're acting like the tough guy.

没人想要那玩意儿。

Don't nobody want that shit.
M3
M325:29

好吧,Chris,我知道,呃,我们在一起的时间——

Well, Chris, I know, uh, our time together—
F2
F225:31

你知道我老婆怎么跟我说的吗,兄弟?

You know what my wife tells me, man?

我很快跟你分享一下。

I'd share it with you real quick.
M3
M325:34

说吧。

Go ahead.
F2
F225:34

我老婆老是跟我说,兄弟,你能做的最可怕的事,就是在我面前攻击另一个人。

My wife tells me all the time, man, the scariest thing you could do is assault another human being in front of me.

你知道,以前我年轻的时候,兄弟,我还会以为这事儿在她眼里酷到不行。

You know, before, when I was younger, man, I would have thought that was the one thing that she would have thought was cooler than all shit.
M3
M325:46

是啊。

Yeah.
F2
F225:48

但现在我知道那不是真的,兄弟,而这,这就是美好的地方。

But now I know that ain't true, man, and that, that's the beautiful thing.

太对了。

Hell yeah.
M3
M325:53

各位,请再一次把你们的爱送给 Christopher Blackwell。

Everyone, please show your love one more time for Christopher Blackwell.

把你们所有的爱一路送到 Washington State,送给他。

Give him all your love all the way to Washington State.
F2
F226:02

掌声给他!

Give it up!
M1
M126:06

那就是 Christopher Blackwell。

That was Christopher Blackwell.

用 Peter Agüero 的话说,当观众听到 Christopher 的声音在整个房间里洪亮地响起时,看着他们一下子爆发出喜悦,那感觉太不可思议了。

In the words of Peter Agüero, it was incredible to watch the audience explode with joy when they heard Christopher's voice booming through the room.

Peter 形容 Christopher 回应之前那一小段沉默,说,“简直完美”,那是一个他永远不可能复制的瞬间。

Peter described the bit of silence before Christopher responded as, quote, just perfect, a moment he would never be able to replicate.

Christopher Blackwell 是一位获奖记者,也是 Look 2 Justice 的联合创始人和执行主任,他的文章曾刊登在 The New York Times 以及许多其他地方。

Christopher Blackwell is an award-winning journalist, the co-founder and executive director of Look 2 Justice, and his writings have been featured in The New York Times and many other places.

Christopher 把时间投入到倡导和讲故事中,通过放大那些受到监禁体系影响的人们的声音来推动改变。

Christopher dedicates his time to advocacy and storytelling by amplifying the voices of those impacted by the carceral system.

我们是在一次和 Galaxy Gives 合作的 workshop 中认识 Christopher 的。Galaxy Gives 是一个基金会,支持那些致力于拆解压迫体系的领导者和组织。

We were able to meet Christopher during a workshop with Galaxy Gives, a foundation that supports leaders and organizations working to dismantle systems of oppression.

Dolores 和 Christopher 的这两个故事,都让我想起了今年四月,RTA 在 Bedford Hills Correctional Facility,也就是 New York State 的女子最高戒备监狱,上演 Sister Act 的那次经历。

Both of these stories, Dolores's and Christopher's, reminded me of this past April when RTA performed Sister Act in Bedford Hills Correctional Facility, the New York State women's maximum prison.

首演前一天,演员们正在一小群观众面前进行最后一次 rehearsal。

One day before opening night, the cast was running their final rehearsal in front of a small audience.

结果整个背景板在那一场戏里倒了下来。

And the entire backdrop fell during the scene.

角色们短暂停了一下,但还是继续演了大概十五分钟,直到导演站起来,鼓掌,然后说,这就是为什么正式演出前我们要 rehearsal。

The characters paused briefly but continued on for about 15 minutes until the director stood up, applauded, and said, that's why we rehearse before we go live.

我们暂停了 rehearsal,把背景板撤下来。坐在第一排的监狱长转过来问我,我们需要什么才能把它修好?

We paused the rehearsal to remove the backdrop, and the superintendent, sitting in the front row, turned to ask me, what do we need to fix that?

她批准我们带胶水和胶带进去,第二天早上,背景板就固定好了。

She gave us the okay to bring in glue and tape, and the next morning the backdrop was secure.

那天晚上我们演出了这场 show,从各方面来看,那都是一次巨大的成功。

We ran the show that evening, and by all accounts, it was a major success.

对我来说,背景板倒塌这件事,展现了演员们的纪律性和勤奋。

For me, the collapsing backdrop showed the cast's discipline and diligence.

那些女性早就习惯了逆境,也习惯了必须去克服它,所以不管身后发生什么,她们都继续往前走,因为这就是生活教会她们的事。

The way the women, so accustomed to adversity and having to overcome it, carried on no matter what was happening behind them because that's what life had taught them.

它也展示了,当我们彼此支持,当我们所有人一起努力,为听见彼此的声音腾出空间时,究竟会有什么可能。

It also showed what is possible when we support each other, when we all work together to make space to hear each other's voices.
M1
M128:14

这也把我们带到了本期节目的尾声。

That brings us to the end of our episode.

非常感谢大家收听。

Thanks so much for joining us.

来自 The Moth 的我们所有人,祝你们度过一个值得写成故事的一周。

From all of us here at The Moth, have a story-worthy week.
M4
M428:24

Jermaine Archer 是一位艺术家和 storyteller。

Jermaine Archer is an artist and storyteller.

在二十二年的 prison 生活中,他拿到了硕士学位、paralegal certification,联合创办了包括 Voices From Within 在内的几个项目,并加入了 RTA。

Over 22 years in prison, he earned a master's degree, paralegal certification, co-founded several programs including Voices From Within, and joined RTA.

自从获释以来,他一直是一名量刑减轻专家、社会正义倡导者。到了二零二五年,Jermaine 被任命为那个改变了他人生的组织的执行主任。

Since his release, he has been a sentence mitigation specialist, social justice advocate, and in 2025, Jermaine was named executive director of the organization that changed his life.

如果你想更多了解 RTA 的工作,可以去他们的网站看看,也可以观看那部获得 Oscar 提名的电影 Sing Sing。

If you'd like to know more about RTA's work, you can check out their website and watch the Oscar-nominated film Sing Sing.

本期 The Moth Podcast 由 Sarah Austin Jenness、Sarah Jane Johnson,还有我 Mark Sollinger 共同制作。

This episode of The Moth Podcast was produced by Sarah Austin Jenness, Sarah Jane Johnson, and me, Mark Sollinger.

The Moth 领导团队的其他成员包括 Ginna Duncan、Christina Norman、Marina Cluchet、Jennifer Hixson、Jordan Cardinale、Caledonia Cairns、Kate Tellers、Suzanne Rust 和 Patricia Ureña。

The rest of The Moth leadership team includes Ginna Duncan, Christina Norman, Marina Cluchet, Jennifer Hixson, Jordan Cardinale, Caledonia Cairns, Kate Tellers, Suzanne Rust, and Patricia Ureña.

The Moth Podcast 由 Audacy 呈现。

The Moth Podcast is presented by Audacy.

特别感谢他们的执行制作人 Leah Reis-Dennis。

Special thanks to their executive producer Leah Reis-Dennis.

所有 The Moth 的故事,都是讲述者记忆中的真实故事。

All Moth stories are true as remembered by their storytellers.

想了解更多关于我们 podcast 的信息、如何投稿你自己的故事,以及其他所有内容,请访问我们的网站 themoth.org。

For more about our podcast, information on pitching your own story, and everything else, go to our website, themoth.org.
已剔除 1 处广告(点击展开查看)
M1
M127:52广告 · 已剔除

If you'd like to hear more stories like Dolores's and Christopher's and you're in New York this summer, don't miss our next community showcase. It'll be featuring stories both monumental and intimate.

Come be a part of our audience, a community that together creates this magical space.

We hope you'll join us on Friday, August 7th at Roulette Intermedium in downtown Brooklyn.

Get tickets at themoth.org/events.