← 返回任务列表

2003年股东大会 · 13岁股东提问巴菲特:什么是成功和幸福?

54 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 4:14
M1
M10:00

你好,Buffett 先生,Munger 先生。

Hello, Mr. Buffett and Mr. Munger.

我叫 Justin Fung。

My name is Justin Fung.

我今年十三岁,来自 California。

I'm 13 years old from California.

这是我连续第三年来参加。

This is my 3rd consecutive year in attendance.

首先,我想祝你们身体健康,这样我们以后很多年都还能继续来 Omaha。

First of all, I'd like to wish you the best of health so we can continue coming to Omaha for many years to come.
M2
M20:19

谢谢。

Thank you.
M1
M10:25

谢谢你们去年回答了我关于友谊的问题。

Thank you for answering my question on friendship last year.

我今年的问题是,你们怎么定义成功和幸福?

My question this year is, how do you define success and happiness?

它们之间有关系吗?一个人又该怎么做到呢?

Are they related, and how would one achieve that?

谢谢。

Thank you.
M3
M30:41

嗯,我会跟大学生们说,等你到了我这个年纪的时候,如果那些你希望他们爱你的人,真的爱你,那你就是成功的。

Well, I tell college students that when you get to be my age, uh, you will be successful if the people that, uh, that you would hope to have love you do love you.

我的意思是,呃,Charlie 和我认识一些人,他们很有钱,也有人给他们办致敬晚宴,楼还会用他们的名字命名,可事实是,根本没有人爱他们。

I mean, you, if— uh, Charlie and I know a few people that have got a lot of money, and they get testimonial dinners, and they get their names on buildings, and, and the truth is nobody loves them.

而且你知道,不只是他们的家人不爱他们,连那些用他们名字给楼命名的人也不爱他们。

And, you know, not their family, not the people who named the buildings after them.

你知道,这个,呃,挺让人难过的。

You know, it's, uh, it's sad.

而且很遗憾的是,这个东西你知道,你是买不来的。

And it's unfortunately, it's the, you know, it's, it's something you can't buy.

我的意思是,Charlie 和我说过很多次,要是我们能直接花一百万美元买来爱,你知道,我是说——

I mean, Charlie and I have talked a lot of times, if we could just buy a million dollars' worth of love, you know, I mean.
M1
M11:22

对。

Yeah.
M3
M31:23

那可比努力让自己变得讨人喜欢,要让人满足得多。

It would be so much more satisfactory than to try and be lovable.

但事情不是这么运作的,你知道。

But it doesn't work that way, you know.

唯一能被爱的办法,就是让自己值得被爱。

The only way to be loved is to be lovable.
M1
M11:37

这——

It's—
M3
M31:37

我也不太想在你十三岁的时候就跟你说这个,不过——这个道理好的一点当然是,你知道,你得到的永远会比你付出的更多。

And I hate to tell you that at 13, but— and— but the nice thing about it, of course, is that, you know, you always get back more than you give.

我的意思是,我不知道这是 Oscar Hammerstein 说的,还是谁说的,你知道,钟在敲响之前,就还不算钟。

I mean, that— I don't know whether it was Oscar Hammerstein or who said, you know, a bell's not a bell till you ring it.

歌在唱出来之前,就还不算歌。

A song's not a song till you sing it.

爱不是——心里的爱,不是放在那里不动的。

Love isn't— in the heart isn't put there to stay.

爱只有在你把它给出去的时候,才算是真正的爱。

Love isn't love till you give it away.

而且基本上,你得到的总会比你给出去的更多。

And basically, you'll always get back more than you give away.

如果你一点都不给,你就什么也得不到。

And if you don't give any, you don't get any.

道理非常简单。

It's very simple.

我这个年纪的人里,我一个都不认识那种被很多人真心爱着的人。

I don't know anybody my age that is loved by a lot of people.

前几天晚上我们一起吃了顿饭。

We had a dinner the other night.

Don Keough 也在。

Don Keough was there.

你知道,大家都喜欢 Don Keough,而且这是有充分理由的。

Everybody loves Don Keough, you know, and for good reason.

而且据我所知,一个人如果能得到身边人的爱——不管是一起工作的人、家人,还是邻居——那他一定是个成功的人,或者至少会觉得自己是成功的。

And there's nobody I know that commands the love of people around them, people they work with, their family, their neighbors, that is other than a success or feels other than a success.

至于那些明知道没人爱他们的人,我不知道他们心里是什么感受,但我不相信他们会感觉很好。

I don't know how the people feel where they know that nobody loves them, but I can't believe they feel very good.

所以,这其实非常简单。

So it's, it's very simple.

爱这东西你是摆脱不掉的。

You can't get rid of love.

如果你试着把爱给出去,你得到的回报会比你付出的还要多。

If you try to give it out, you get it back more than you've given.

而且,嗯,这是最好的东西。

And, uh, it's the best thing.

Charlie,你来说两句?

Charlie, what do you speak for?
M2
M22:49

嗯,你可别活得像 California 那个电影公司的高管一样。人家说,他的葬礼之所以来了那么多人,是因为大家都想亲眼确认他真的死了。

Well, you don't want to be like the motion picture executive in California, and they said the funeral was so large because everybody wanted to make sure he was dead.

还有个类似的故事,说是一位牧师在葬礼上问,有没有谁愿意站起来,为这位逝者说一句好话?

And there's a similar story about the minister saying at the funeral, won't anybody stand up and say a good word for the deceased?

结果现场沉默了很久,最后终于有个人站起来说,嗯,他弟弟更糟。

And there was this long silence, and finally one guy stood up and he said, well, he said, his brother was worse.
M3
M33:30

你看,我会这么说,你看看你周围那些比你年长的人,看看你的长辈亲戚之类的。

Look, I would say this, look around, you know, people older than you are, look around at your, you know, your older relatives or whatever.

你不会看到一个被身边人爱着的人是不快乐的。

And you will not see an unhappy person who is loved by those around them.

我是说,这——这就是——我也不知道。

I mean, it's— and it's— I don't know.

这个房间里的大多数人,未来在财务上都会过得很好。

Most people in this room are going to do very well financially.

我接触的大多数大学生,未来在财务上也都会过得不错。

Most of the college students I talk to are going to do well financially.

但他们当中有些人,真正的朋友会非常少。

And some of them are going to have very few friends, real friends.
M1
M14:03

对。

Yeah.
M3
M34:05

而随着他们年纪越来越大,另一些人则会让别人怎么对他们好都觉得不够。

As they get older, and others people won't be able to do enough for.

这种事我身边一直都看得到。

And I see it around me all the time.

所以,这就是我们今天在这个问题上的建议。

So that's our advice for the day on that.

第二个问题。

Number 2.