← 返回任务列表

2008年股东大会 · 巴菲特:父母是最重要的老师,找到好的配偶是你生命中最重要的事

46 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 4:16
M1
M10:00

各位先生,我叫 Jim James,来自 Minnesota,准确地说是 Minneapolis。很明显,今天在场的三万八千人,都是受到了你们的启发。

Gentlemen, my name is Jim James from Minnesota, actually Minneapolis, and clearly you've inspired 38,000 people here today.

关于你们,已经有人写了书,不只是因为你们在金融方面的本事,更是因为你们本身是怎样的人。

Books have been written about you, not solely for your financial prowess, but because of the people you are.

你们能不能分享两三个对你们影响很大的人?比如那种塑造了你们人生观和投资思维的人、老师或者教育者。

Could you share 2 or 3 influences on you, those kinds of people, educators who have shaped your thinking on life and on investing?

谢谢。

Thank you.
M2
M20:28

嗯,我觉得在我这个情况里,最重要的老师,至少一开始,肯定是我父亲。

Well, I think the biggest educator, certainly in my case initially, was my father.

我想 Charlie 大概也会这么说。

I think probably Charlie would say the same thing.

我还觉得,你跟谁结婚这件事非常非常非常重要,而我在这方面一直很幸运。

And I think it's very, very, very important who you marry, and I've been lucky there.

这些都是很棒的老师。

And those are great teachers.

当然,我还有 Ben Graham。

And of course, I had Ben Graham.

我还有 Dave Dodd。

I had Dave Dodd.

这些年来,我也从各种写书的人身上学到了很多。

I've learned from all kinds of people who've written books over the years.

我就是把那些书如饥似渴地读下去,然后这里学一点,那里学一点。

I've just devoured those and you're picking up things here and there.

很明显,Charlie 从 Ben Franklin 身上学到了很多。

Charlie learned a lot from Ben Franklin, obviously.

很多人认为——很多人认为 Ben Franklin 也从 Charlie 身上学到了很多,不过——我们俩都从我外祖父那个杂货店里学到过一些东西。

Many people think— many people think Ben Franklin learned a lot from Charlie, but— We both learned a few things from my grandfather at the grocery store.

不过说到你父母——我会跟学生们说,你知道,作为老师,你最重要的一份工作,就是做你孩子的老师。

But your parents— I tell the students, you know, the most important job you have, you know, as a teacher, is being the teacher to your children.

我的意思是,他们——你才是那个最终极的老师。

I mean, they are— you're the ultimate teacher.

在他们眼里,你就是一个巨大无比、了不起的存在,你知道,会提供温暖、食物,还有其他一切。

You're this big, great big thing, you know, provide warmth and food and everything else.

他们就是这样在认识这个世界。

And they're learning about the world.

等他们以后上研究生,或者到了别的什么阶段,这些东西其实也不会改变太多。

And they're not going to change a lot of that when they get into graduate school or sometime.

所以这件事——没有什么倒带键,你没有机会重来一遍,也做不了第二次。

So it's— and you don't get any rewind button, you don't get to do it twice.

所以你必须——你必须尽自己最大的努力去当好这个老师。

So you have to be— you have to do your best as a teacher.

而且你是靠你做什么来教他们,不是靠你说什么。

And you teach by what you do, not by what you say.

面对这些小家伙,等他们到了要进入正规学校的时候,他们从你这里学到的东西,很可能比他们这辈子从任何其他人那里学到的都要多。

With these young things, and by the time they've got to the place where they're entering a formal school, they probably learn more from you than they're ever going to learn from anybody else.
M3
M32:02

Charlie?

Charlie?

嗯,我会说,不同的人,学习方式也不一样。

Well, I would argue that differing people learn in differing ways.

像我,我这个人天生就是更适合通过阅读来学习。

With me, I was put together by nature to learn from reading.

如果有个人在那儿跟我讲话,他要么是在告诉我一些我不知道、但我也不想知道的事,要么是在告诉我我早就知道的事,要么就是他说得太慢或者太快。

If some guy's talking to me, he's telling me something I don't know, I don't want to know, I already know, or he's doing it too slow or too fast.

但阅读的时候,我可以用适合自己的速度,学我想学的东西。

In reading, I can learn what I want at the speed that works.

所以对我来说,阅读就是——最符合我天性的学习方式。

So to me, reading is the— is what works for my nature.

所以,对所有哪怕有一点像我的人,我想说,欢迎你们。

And to all of you who are at all like me, I say, welcome.

那真是个很不错的圈子。

It's a nice fraternity.
M2
M22:48

你大概从你父亲身上学到的东西,比你读所有那些书学到的还多吧?我是说,就塑造你这个人而言,你觉得呢?

You probably learned more from your father than you learned from all the reading you did, don't you think, in terms of actually forming you?
M3
M32:59

嗯,是的。我父亲属于那种总是做得比自己那一份更多、承担得比自己那一份更多风险的人,这一类的榜样当然对我帮助很大。

Well, yes, and my father was the type that always did more than his share of the work and took more than his share of the risk, and all that kind of example was, of course, very helpful.

而且,从你亲近的人身上,你会学得更好。

And you learn it better from a person close to you.

不过,要说到那些概念性的东西,我会说我是从书里学来的。

But in terms of the conceptual stuff, I'd say I learned it from books.

当然,那是另一种意义上的父亲,就是那些写书的人。

Now, those are fathers in a different sense, the people who wrote the books.
M2
M23:26

对,不过有一本书显然彻底改变了我的整个财务人生。那时候我,怎么说呢,可能也是碰巧把它拿起来看的。

Yeah, well, one book obviously changed my whole financial life when I, you know, by happenstance probably, I picked it up.

我甚至都不记得当年我还在上学的时候,为什么会把它买下来。但如果你一直不断拿起足够多的书来看,你总会碰上一些——你会学到很多东西。

I can't even remember why I bought it back when I was in school, but if you just keep picking up enough books, you'll find some—you'll learn a lot.

我以前常去 Omaha Public Library,就沿着书架一路看过去,不过那样做也许算是一种效率不太高的办法。

And I used to go through the Omaha Public Library and just go down the shelves, but it was kind of an inefficient way maybe of doing it.

但如果你读了二十本关于某个你感兴趣主题的书,你一定会学到特别特别多。

But if you read 20 books on a subject you've got an interest in, you're going to learn one hell of a lot.

只是你事先并不知道你会从哪一本里学到。

You don't know which one you're going to learn it in though.

所以我会说,如果你有合适的父母,那你就非常幸运了。

So I would take having—if you get the right parents, you're very lucky.

你真的是非常非常幸运。

You're very, very lucky.

这比进一所合适的学校,或者类似那样的事,都更重要。

And it's better than going to the right school or anything of the sort.

而如果你找到了合适的配偶,那就等于你又把这份幸运翻倍了。

And if you get the right spouse, you've just doubled down.

第十个。

Number 10.