← 返回任务列表

Childhood Crushes: The Moth Podcast

197 段 · 4 位说话人 · 原片 16:50
F1
F10:01

这里是 The Moth Podcast。

This is The Moth Podcast.

我是本周的主持人,Chloe Salmon。

I'm your host this week, Chloe Salmon.

很少有什么经历,能像童年时的暗恋那样,既让人尴尬,又让人兴奋。不管你当时有没有勇气走向那个让你心动的人,还是更像那种远远地默默喜欢的人。

There are few experiences as simultaneously embarrassing and thrilling as a childhood crush, whether you were brave enough to approach the object of your affections or were more of a pining-from-afar type.

在这一集里,我们有两个关于童年暗恋的故事,还有这些暗恋带来的所有起起落落。

In this episode, we have two stories of childhood crushes and all of the highs and lows they entailed.

我人生中第一次暗恋的对象,是我幼儿园班上的 Kyle S.。

My very first crush was on Kyle S. in my kindergarten class.

他留着男孩乐队成员那种发型,在操场上跑得特别快,总之就是让五岁的我小心脏怦怦直跳。

He had boy-band hair, could run really fast on the playground, and just generally made my 5-year-old heart beat fast.

我觉得我从来没有勇气真的跟他说过哪怕一句话,而这种暗恋模式后来也贯穿了我的童年。不过我到现在还记得,每次看到他笑,我都会起鸡皮疙瘩。

I don't think I ever had the courage to actually say one single word to him, a crush theme that would follow me through my childhood, but I still remember getting goosebumps whenever I saw him smile.

我们第一位讲述者,在追求年少爱情这件事上,比我勇敢一点。

Our first storyteller was a bit braver than I was in his pursuit of young love.

Tim Lopez 在 New York City GrandSLAM 上讲了这个故事,那一晚的主题是 Fuel to the Fire。

Tim Lopez told this story at a New York City GrandSLAM where the theme of the night was Fuel to the Fire.

下面是 Tim 在 The Moth 的现场讲述。

Here's Tim live at The Moth.
M1
M11:14

好。

All right.
F2
F21:18

大家好。

Hello.
F3
F31:19

好。

All right.
M1
M11:22

那是六年级的第一天,也就是小学的最后一年。那种带点准浪漫、但完全没有性意味的张力,已经高到不行了。

So it was the first day of 6th grade, which was the last year of elementary school, and the quasi-romantic but completely non-sexual tension was running high.

好几年慢慢发酵的感情,有回应的、没回应的暗恋,还有青春期前那种普遍的焦虑,全都在这一年沸腾起来了。因为这是我们所有人被初中吹散到四面八方之前,最后一次还在一起的一年。

Years of simmering feelings, requited and/or unrequited crushes, and general preteen angst had come to a boil in this, our last year all together before being scattered to the winds of junior high.

每个人都知道自己喜欢谁,每个人也都知道自己是那种“喜欢喜欢”谁,社交秩序基本上已经定下来了。

Everybody knew who they liked, everybody knew who they like-liked, and the social order was basically pretty much determined.

空气里有一种特别疯狂的紧迫感,你懂吧,就是那种躁动的、现在不做就再也没机会的感觉,你懂吗,有点像战争前的 Europe。

And there was this crazy sense of urgency in the air, you know, like a manic, it's-now-or-never kind of feeling, you know, like Europe before the war.

然后,就在这桶充满了所谓原始荷尔蒙的火药桶里,走进来了一个用今天的话说只能叫 game changer 的人。

And into this powder keg of, you know, proto-hormones, walked what can only be described in today's terms as a game changer.

她叫 Reneka Powers,她走进我们教室的时候,那个姿态,简直像是从 J.Crew 目录的页面里直接走出来的一样。

Her name was Reneka Powers, and she sauntered into our classroom as if she'd sprung from the pages of a J.Crew catalog.

她有一头很长的金色卷发,亮蓝色的眼睛,脸上有淡淡的一层雀斑,还有一个特别完美的笑容,两边是完全对称的酒窝。

She had very long, curly blonde hair, bright blue eyes, a faint dusting of freckles, and this like kind of perfect smile framed by these absolutely symmetrical dimples.

客观地说,她就是有史以来最可爱的女孩。

She was, empirically speaking, the cutest girl of all time.

而且,她还很有个性。

And in addition, you know, she had some personality.

你知道,她有那种气派,那种风格。

You know, she had panache, you know, style.

她一走进我们教室,你几乎都能听见我们集体的纯真碎裂的声音。

And as soon as she walked into our classroom, you could practically hear the sound of our collective innocence shattering.

每个男生立刻都以某种方式爱上了她,接着就爆发了一场激烈竞争,看谁能吸引到她的注意。

Every guy immediately fell into some kind of love with her, and fierce competition ensued to see who could get her attention.

至于我个人呢,我觉得我在这件事上好像有点内道优势。

Now, personally, I felt like I kind of had the inside lane on this.

我是班里的喜剧演员。

I was the class comedian.

我不说“小丑”,因为我觉得那是在贬低我的作品。

I don't say clown because I feel like it demeans my work.

而且大家真的好像——你知道,我知道自己在班里的位置。

And people really seemed— you know, I knew where I stood, you know?

我觉得我在同龄人当中是受到尊重的。

I felt like I was respected among my peers.

你知道,我当时觉得,要追到她,我真正需要做的,就是把所谓的魅力打开就行了。

You know, I felt like all I really had to do to get her was turn on the proverbial charm.

可惜,很早我就非常清楚地发现,我那些滑稽举动带给她的,与其说是觉得好笑,不如说是觉得好奇又困惑。

Unfortunately, it became abundantly clear early on that she was more bemused than amused by my antics.

我什么办法都试了。

I tried everything.

你知道,我真的是使出了浑身解数。

You know, I pulled out all the stops.

我一开始先用了些肢体搞笑的东西,那在当时算是我的一个拿手绝活。

I started with some physical slapstick stuff that was kind of a specialty of mine at the time.

那招不管用之后,我就转向了一些更动脑子的东西,比如跟时事有关的梗。

When that didn't work, I moved on to kind of some more cerebral things, topical references.

还是没用。

Nothing.

完全没有一个梗成功。

Nothing was landing at all.

然后有一次在操场上,事情真的跌到了谷底。

And everything really hit a low point this one time out on the playground.

我们大家当时都在那儿。

We were all out there.

我在讲一些段子。

I was doing some bits.

效果还不错。

Things were working.

我觉得一切都挺好的。

I felt like everything was fine.

大家也在笑。

I was getting laughs.

然后等气氛慢慢冷下来以后,Renika 当着所有人的面说,所以你觉得自己很好笑吗?

And then when it kind of died down, Renika says in front of everybody, so do you think you're funny?

我说,嗯,是啊。

And I said, well, yeah.

然后她说,哦。

And she says, huh.

你知道吗,我只是觉得,你其实没有你自己以为的那么好笑。

You know, I just don't think you're quite as funny as you think you are.
F2
F23:55

哦。

Oh.
M1
M13:56

我的意思是,那种感觉就像,哎哟,挺扎心的,你懂吧?

I mean, which is like, ouch, you know?

但是第一,她说得没错。

But A, she was right.

说真的。

Let's be real.

第二,可是到底谁会这么说啊?

B, who even says that, though?

还有,第三,她基本上就像是,在某种意义上,把我作为一个人、十二年来建立起来的整个自我认同都给拆了,可奇怪的是,这反而让我更喜欢她,更想给她留下好印象。

And, you know, C, she basically, like, dismantled my entire, you know, 12-year identity of my own self as a human being in one sense, which in this perverse way just made me like her even more and want to impress her.

所以从那以后,我真的把自己的表演收敛了很多。

So after that, I really toned down my act.

我退后了不少,直到圣诞节快到了,一年一度的 Secret Santa 又开始了。

I backed off quite a bit until Christmastime rolled around and it was time for the annual Secret Santa.

然后,你知道,我从帽子里抽出一个名字,展开那张小纸条,看见上面用紫色墨水写着:Renika Powers,而且 i 上面的点还是一个小爱心。

And, you know, I pulled the name out of the hat, I unfolded the little piece of paper, and I saw the name written in purple ink: Renika Powers with a little heart dot over the I.

我心想,这太完美了。

And I thought, this is perfect.

这是我的机会。

This is my chance.

这是我打动她的机会。

This is my chance to impress her.

于是我回到家,跟我妈说了这事。

And so I went home and I told my mom.

我说,妈,你知道吗,学校里有个女生我喜欢,然后,圣诞节我得送她一份礼物,我想要那种真的能让她印象深刻的东西。

I said, Mom, you know, there's this girl that I like at school, and, you know, I have to get her a gift for Christmas, and I want something that's gonna really impress her.

我妈说,好啊,那首饰怎么样?

And my mom said, okay, how about jewelry?

我说,首饰听起来不错。

And I said, jewelry sounds good.

所以我们去了商场,去了 Macy's,然后挑了一个胸针。

So we went to the mall, went to Macy's, and we picked out this brooch.

它像是一个金色的——它是个很棒的胸针,好吗?

It was like a gold— It was a great brooch, all right?

它是金色的。

It was gold.

是一只驯鹿。

It was a reindeer.

而且它还有一个小小的红色透明鼻子,像假的红宝石那种。

And it had like a little red, clear, like, fake ruby nose.

所以我当时就想,好吧,挺好。

And so I was like, all right, that's good.

你知道,这很符合这个季节。

That's, you know, this is seasonally appropriate.

也很有品位。

It's classy.

我喜欢。

I like it.

我挺来劲的。

I'm into it.

我们开车回家的路上,我突然有种感觉,就是,我不太确定这个行不行。

We're driving home, and I just had this feeling like, I don't know about this.

我不知道。

I don't know.

这个感觉冲击力不够。

This just doesn't have enough punch.

你知道吧,它不够有派头。

You know, it doesn't have enough panache.

于是第二天在学校,我们班去参观三年级的班级,还有他们展出的姜饼屋,这是每年的传统活动。

And so the next day at school, our class went to go visit the third grade class and their exhibition of gingerbread houses, an annual tradition.

然后,你知道,我们都在排队,我在 Reneka 和她朋友后面几步远的地方,接着我们走到其中一个姜饼屋前。

And, you know, as we're all in line, I'm a few steps behind Reneka and her friend, and we get to this one gingerbread house.

那个姜饼屋装饰得特别华丽,上面点缀着这些 gourmet jelly beans。

It's very ornately decorated and festooned with these gourmet jelly beans.

Reneka 对她朋友说,天哪,gourmet jelly beans,我超爱这个。

And Reneka says to her friend, oh my God, gourmet jelly beans, I love these.

她朋友就说,什么是 gourmet jelly beans?

And her friend's like, what are gourmet jelly beans?

她说,你知道,就是像普通 jelly beans 一样,只不过它们有这些很疯狂的口味,比如 root beer、椰子和 margarita。

And she's like, you know, they're like regular jelly beans, except they have these, like, crazy flavors, you know, like root beer and coconut and margarita.

她整张脸都亮了起来,说,我超爱 gourmet jelly beans。

And her face totally lights up, and she's like, I love gourmet jelly beans.

我一看,心想,就是这个,gourmet jelly beans。

And I look, and I'm like, that's it, gourmet jelly beans.

我回家就跟我妈说,妈,我们现在必须去商场。

I go home to my mom, I'm like, Mom, we have to go to the mall now.

我得买 gourmet jelly beans。

I need to get gourmet jelly beans.

我妈说,什么是 gourmet jelly beans?

My mom says, what are gourmet jelly beans?

我说,就是,像普通 jelly beans 一样,只不过它们有这些很疯狂的口味,你知道吧,比如 margarita 和 piña colada。

And I'm like, they're just, like, they're regular jelly beans, except they have these, like, crazy flavors, you know, like margarita and piña colada.
F2
F25:57

然后我妈说,这是给小孩的吗?

And my mom says, Are these for kids?
M1
M16:02

我说,我不知道,我也不在乎。

And I said, I don't know, and I don't care.

于是她开车带我去了商场。

So she drives me to the mall.

我去了 Sweet Factory。

I go to the Sweet Factory.

我本来要买一磅 jelly beans,后来我决定买两磅,因为我心想,这事儿——我可不能因为 jelly beans 不够而搞砸。

I'm about to buy a pound of jelly beans, and then I decide to buy 2 pounds of jelly beans, because I'm like, this is— I'm not gonna blow this for lack of jelly beans.
F3
F36:17

所以……

So...
M1
M16:18

我买到了那些 jelly beans。

I get the jelly beans.

第二天就是 Secret Santa 揭晓的大日子。

The next day is the big reveal of the Secret Santa.

我走到她跟前,然后,呃,我,你知道,把那枚胸针递给她。

I go over to her, and, uh, I, you know, I hand her the brooch.

包装得挺漂亮的,各方面都不错。她打开看到胸针,反应有点冷淡。

It's nicely wrapped and everything, and she opens the brooch, and it's a tepid response.

她就说,哦,嗯,这个挺好看的。

She's like, oh, yeah, this is nice.
F3
F36:29

你知道,就那种,谢谢啦。

You know, like, thanks.
M1
M16:29

唉。

Aw.

然后我就说,还有,我还给你买了这个。

And I was like, and also I got you this.

那是一个袋子,也包得严严实实的。

And it's a bag and it's very wrapped.

她打开之后,把 jelly beans 拿了出来,然后效果简直炸了。

And she opens it and she pulls out the jelly beans and they absolutely killed.

她——我就看到她脸上的表情变了。

She— I just saw the look on her face change.

她从那种有点中性的,像是“嗯?”的表情,变成了——她真的发出了“awww”的声音。

She went from kind of like this neutral, like, huh, to like— she literally did the aww.

然后她说,你怎么知道的?

And then she said, how did you know?

我说,我就是知道。

And I said, I just knew.

然后,她走过来抱我。

And, and she comes in to hug me.

她双手环住了我。

She wraps her arms around me.

我们就这样抱了一下,然后我,你知道,我的手能感觉到她那件 cable-knit 毛衣,她的头发还蹭在我脖子上,我的胃那里有一种以前从来没有过的感觉。

And we share this kind of hug, and I, you know, I feel her, like, cable-knit sweater under my hands, and, like, her hair's, like, on my neck, and I feel something in the pit of my stomach that I've never felt before.

然后我们彼此退开一步,她看着我,给了我一个我绝对从来没见过的眼神。

And we take a step back from each other, and she looks at me, and she gives me a look that I've definitely never seen before.

第二天,她戴着那枚胸针来上学,然后她就成了我的女朋友。

And the next day, she shows up at school wearing the brooch, and she's my girlfriend.

然后——对。

And— yes.

然后,你知道,很多很多年以后,又过了好多好多年,我才意识到,交到一个女朋友,和留住一个女朋友,是两件完全不同的事。

And, you know, it took many, many years, many, many more years for me to realize that, you know, getting a girlfriend and keeping a girlfriend are 2 completely different things.

不过那就是另一个故事了。

But that's a different story.

非常感谢大家。

Thank you very much.
F1
F17:41

刚才是 Tim Lopez。

That was Tim Lopez.

Tim Lopez 是一位来自 Los Angeles 的讲故事人,也是一名教学艺术家。

Tim Lopez is a storyteller and teaching artist from Los Angeles.

他的故事在各地的公共广播电台和 podcast 上都能听到。

His stories have been heard on public radio stations and podcasts, far and wide.

他也是 Moth Community and Education Programs 的一名教育工作者,在那里,他会走进当地社区,也和高中生一起,在 New York City 以及其他地方,打磨并表演真实的个人故事。

He is also an educator with the Moth Community and Education Programs, where he works in local communities and with high school students to craft and perform true personal stories in New York City and beyond.

这周的这些故事,给了我一个特别好的借口,让我可以八卦一下,问问一些朋友,让他们分享自己过去暗恋的经历。

Our stories this week gave me a very good excuse to get nosy and ask some friends to share their own experiences of past crushes.

所以在我们听下一个故事之前,先来听一个来自 Moth 主持人 Dame Wilburn 的故事。

So before we hear our next story, here's one from Moth host Dame Wilburn.

她说,他叫 Marco,从四年级到八年级,我们都是不共戴天的死对头。

She said, his name was Marco, and we were sworn enemies from 4th to 8th grade.

有一次学校组织去沙丘旅行,我正弯着膝盖坐着,Marco 坐到我前面,把他的背靠在了我的腿上。

During a school trip to the sand dunes, when I was sitting with my knees bent, Marco sat in front of me and leaned his back against my legs.

那是第一次有男孩碰到我,三十四年过去了,每次我看到沙子,还是会想起他。

It was the first time a boy touched me, and 34 years later, he still crosses my mind whenever I see sand.

哇,Dame,天哪。

Whew, Dame, my goodness.

这真是一段可以载入史册的八年级恋情。

Truly an 8th grade romance for the ages.

说真的,简直就是一段可以流传千古的恋情。

Honestly, just a romance for the ages.

还有 Marco,如果你在听,给我们写封信吧。

And Marco, if you're listening, drop us a line.

你可以在 Instagram 上找到我们,账号是 @mothstories。

You can find us @mothstories on Instagram.

接下来在 podcast 里登场的是 Janine Hilling。

Up next on the podcast, Janine Hilling.

Janine 是在 Australia 的 Melbourne,一场 StorySLAM 上讲的这个故事。

Janine told this story at a StorySLAM in Melbourne, Australia.

那一晚的主题是 creepy,也就是“诡异”。

Where the theme of the night was creepy.

下面是 Janine 在 Moth 的现场。

Here's Janine live at the Moth.
F3
F39:18

十三岁的时候,我是个小镇 bogan,脾气很臭,发型更糟。

At 13, I was a small-town bogan with a bad attitude and an even worse haircut.

但我的梦中情人,他拥有我没有的一切。

But the man of my dreams, he was everything I wasn't.

他英俊,他老练,他来自城市。

He was handsome, he was sophisticated, he was from the city.

而且他二十三岁,是我的老师。

He was also 23 years old and my teacher.

你看,现在我再想起 Mr. Chow 的时候,我意识到他其实也没那么了不起。

And look, nowadays when I think about Mr. Chow, I realize he wasn't really all that.

比如说,他其实就是个长相普通的男人,每天上学都穿同一件套头毛衣,那毛衣看起来像是用猫毛和金属亮丝做的。但在当时,这还不像今天这样会让我立刻下头。

Like, he was just an average-looking guy who wore the same jumper to school every single day, and it looked like it was made out of cat hair and tinsel, but back then that wasn't the deal-breaker that it might be today.

一开始,我只是观察 Mr. Chow。

At first I watched Mr. Chow.

我远远地爱着 Mr. Chow。

I loved Mr. Chow from afar.

他家就在我们家后面,中间只隔着一块空地。所以放学后,我爸妈都去上班的时候,我就站在后阳台上,叼着一根 Winnie Red,拿着一副从我妈朋友 Sue 那儿借来的望远镜,盯着他看。

His house was just behind ours with just a vacant block in between, and so after school when my parents were at work, I'd stand on the back veranda with a Winnie Red and a pair of binoculars that I borrowed off my mum's friend Sue, and I'd watch him.

有时候我还会拿出相机,夹在望远镜中间,像个特别烂的 paparazzi 一样,试着偷拍 Mr. Chow 出来倒垃圾桶的抓拍照。

And sometimes I'd get my camera and put it in between like a really shit paparazzi and try and get candid shots of Mr. Chow taking his bins out.

这样过了一阵子还挺好,但最后我决定,是时候让他知道我的心意了。

And that was okay for a while, but eventually I decided it was time to make my feelings known.

这一步很冒险,但我知道正好有个人能帮我。

It was a risky move, but I knew just the person to help me with it.

我的朋友 Jo 收藏了大量 Cosmopolitan 杂志,我们坚信这些杂志能帮我们找到办法,让我打动 Mr. Chow,让他想当我的男朋友。

My friend Jo had an extensive collection of Cosmopolitan magazines, and we were convinced these things would help us find a way for me to impress Mr. Chow and make him want to be my boyfriend.

所以我们把这些杂志从头到尾读了个遍,最后找到一篇文章,标题大概叫《十个轻松套牢男人的方法》,或者是什么吓人得很、特别 Cosmo 风格的东西。

So we read these things cover to cover, and eventually we found an article called something like, 10 Easy Ways to Snare a Man, or something terrifyingly, like, Cosmo, like that.

我们选中的那个方案,差不多是夜店场景:我可以用配套文章里学到的那些“吃男人”的招数,在舞池里勾引我心仪的对象。

And the one we went with was like a nightclub situation where I could use these man-eating moves that I would learn from the accompanying article to seduce the object of my desire on the dance floor.

这简直太完美了,因为我们下个星期学校正好有一场 disco 舞会。

And this was perfect because we had a school disco coming up the very next week.

所以整整一个星期,我都在练我的动作,还挑了一首我能想到的最性感的歌。

So all week I practiced my moves, and I picked out the sexiest song I could think of.

等到 disco 那天真的来了,我觉得自己已经准备好了。

And by the time the disco came around, I felt like I was ready.

于是我们就在那里,我和 Jo,在停车场的 disco 舞会上,灌了半瓶 Carrington Blush,赶紧抽了几口烟,然后我摇摇晃晃地走到 DJ 台前,一只迷离的眼睛盯着角落里的 Mr. Chow,他还完全不知道接下来要发生什么。

So there we are, me and Jo at the disco in the car park, neck half a bottle of Carrington Blush, have a couple of quick darts, and I wobble up to the DJ booth, one glassy eye on Mr. Chow, who's over there in the corner, unaware of what is about to go down.

我跟 DJ 简单说了几句,他冲我眨眨眼,然后放了我的歌,AC/DC 的 You Shook Me All Night Long。

I have a quick word with the DJ who winks and puts on my song, AC/DC, You Shook Me All Night Long.

我摆出一套大概跟 Cosmo 里完全不像的动作,朝 Mr. Chow 逼近。

With moves that look probably nothing like the ones in Cosmo, I advance towards Mr. Chow.

这么多年过去了,我还记得最清楚的,就是他看到我走过来时,脸上那种纯粹的惊恐。

And the thing I remember after all this time is just the look of pure horror on this guy's face as he saw me coming.

他四处张望,想找另一个老师来救他,可大家都在忙。

He looked around for another teacher to help him, but everyone was busy.

他孤立无援。

He was all alone.

我往前,他就往后退。

I advanced, he retreated.

我像牧羊犬一样绕着他转,最后硬是一路把他舞到了角落里;他就待在那儿,估计整首歌期间都处于震惊状态。

I circled him like a sheepdog, eventually dancing him into the corner where he remained, presumably in a state of shock, for the rest of the song.

我说“估计”,是因为到了那个时候,我已经全神贯注地在完成我的“吃男人”招数,根本没再注意他了。

And I say presumably because by this time, I was so intent on nailing my man-eating moves I wasn't even paying attention to him anymore.

我不是在跟他跳舞。

I wasn't dancing with him.

我甚至不是在为他跳舞。

I wasn't even dancing for him.

我是冲着他跳。

I was dancing at him.

歌一结束,我脚跟一转,直接走出了那里,因为按照 Cosmo 的说法,这会给整件事增添一种神秘感。

When the song was over, I turned on my heel and I walked straight out of there because according to Cosmo, this would add an air of mystery to the whole thing.

还会让你心仪的对象觉得,他完全不知道自己刚刚经历了什么。

And leave the object of your desire feeling like he didn't know what had hit him.

没过多久 Jo 也出来找我,并且确认了两件事:第一,我的舞步简直炸裂。耶!

So Jo joined me shortly afterwards and confirmed that A, my dance moves had been off the hook. Yeah!

第二,Mr. Chow 看起来绝对就像一个完全不知道自己刚刚经历了什么的人。

And B, Mr. Chow definitely looked like someone who didn't know what had hit him.

第二天我特别兴奋地去上学。

I was so excited to go to school the next day.

我不知道这会对我和 Mr. Chow 的关系意味着什么,但我相当确定,他肯定会想当我男朋友。

I didn't know what this was going to mean for mine and Mr. Chow's relationship, but I was pretty sure he was going to want to be my boyfriend.

我没想到的是,我会被叫去辅导老师办公室。

What I wasn't expecting was a trip to the guidance counselor's office.

他把一切都告诉了她,而且他居然还有胆子说我的舞蹈动作怪异又不合适。

He had told her everything, and he'd even had the nerve to call my dance moves bizarre and inappropriate.

我心都碎了。

I was gutted.

Mr. Chow 并不想当我男朋友。

Mr. Chow did not want to be my boyfriend.

那之后我几乎立刻被调到了另一个班。虽然我后来还是会在学校里看到 Mr. Chow——当然前提是他看到我走过来时,没来得及赶紧闪进某个门口躲起来——但最后,我也就把这件事归档到了我脑子里专门存放人生各种丢脸事件的那个区域。

I was moved to a new class pretty much immediately after that, and although I still saw Mr. Chow around when he wasn't quick enough to just duck into a doorway when he saw me coming, eventually I just sort of filed that away in the part of my brain that I reserve for all of the many humiliating things I've done in my life.

不过现在我再想起这件事,有一部分的我真的非常惊恐,觉得自己怎么会做出那么 creepy 的事。

But nowadays when I think about it, like, part of me is just absolutely horrified that I could have done anything quite that creepy.

但我心里还有另一部分,几乎还有点为那个又蠢又饥渴的小混蛋感到骄傲——她那么努力地想成为那个泼辣、老练的小混蛋,而后来她也确实变成了那样。

But there's another part of me that's almost a little bit proud of that dumb, horny little dirtbag—who was trying so hard to be the sassy, sophisticated dirtbag she eventually became.

谢谢。

Thank you.
F1
F115:11

刚才是 Jeanine Hilling。

That was Jeanine Hilling.

Jeanine 是一位常驻 Melbourne 的作家和讲故事的人,她家里好几代人都很会讲故事。

Jeanine is a Melbourne-based writer and storyteller who comes from a long line of tale spinners.

她的故事曾经在 Australia 的 ABC Radio National 播出过,她现在正在写自己的第一部长篇小说,还有一本短篇故事集。

Her stories have been featured on ABC Radio National in Australia, and she's currently working on her first novel and a collection of short stories.

暗恋这件事,跟我们童年里的大多数事情一样,回头想起来多少会有点让人尴尬。

Crushes, like most things from our childhood, can be kind of cringey to reflect on.

但这一集里的故事也提醒我们,要去看看其中那些闪闪发光的部分。

But the stories in this episode remind us to look at the golden parts as well.

那种小鹿乱撞的感觉,那份脆弱,还有,是的,那些笑声。

The butterfly rush, the vulnerability, and yes, the laughter.

带着这样的心情,最后我想留给你们一个来自 The Moth 助理制作人 Adrian Bento 的暗恋瞬间。

In that spirit, I'll leave you with one last crush moment from Moth assistant producer Adrian Bento.

Adrian 说,从五年级一直到高中,我会把所有暗恋对象的名字,写在我卧室墙上一个藏起来的地方。

Adrian said, from 5th grade through high school, I would write all my crushes' names on a hidden spot on the wall in my bedroom.

我们最近把房间重新刷了漆,但在白色油漆下面,还是能隐约看到 Sharpie 的笔迹。

We painted the room recently, but you can still see faint Sharpie underneath the white paint.

谢谢所有在这一集里分享瞬间或故事的人,也谢谢你的收听。

Thank you to everyone who shared a moment or a story in this episode, and to you for listening.

The Moth 的全体成员祝你这一周过得值得写成故事。

From all of us here at The Moth, have a story-worthy week.
F2
F216:14

Chloe Salmon 是 The Moth 的 Mainstage 和 StorySLAM 团队制作人,也是 The Mainstage 的导演,以及 Pitch Line 团队的一员。

Chloe Salmon is a producer on The Moth's Mainstage and StorySLAM teams, a director on The Mainstage, and a member of the Pitch Line team.

她最喜欢的 The Moth 时刻,出现在演出当天:所有奔忙都结束了,观众席的灯暗下来,魔法般的氛围慢慢降临。

Her favorite Moth moments come on show days when the cardio is done, the house lights go down, and the magic settles in.

这一集 The Moth Podcast 由我 Julia Purcell 制作,Sarah Austin Jenness、Sarah Jane Johnson 和 Chloe Salmon 共同参与。

This episode of The Moth Podcast was produced by me, Julia Purcell, with Sarah Austin Jenness, Sarah Jane Johnson, and Chloe Salmon.

The Moth 的故事都是真实的,基于讲述者的记忆和确认。

Moth stories are true as remembered and affirmed by storytellers.

想了解更多关于我们 podcast 的信息、如何投递你的故事,以及其他所有内容,请访问我们的网站 themoth.org。

For more about our podcast, information on pitching your story, and everything else, go to our website, themoth.org.