← 返回任务列表

2016年股东大会 · 投资需要重视微观,忽视宏观

48 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 4:35
M1
M10:00

你好,Buffett 先生,Munger 先生。

Hello, Mr. Buffett and Mr. Munger.

非常感谢你们分享的见解、教导,还有你们作为榜样带来的影响。

Thank you so much for your insights, teaching, and being great role models.

我叫 Eric Silberger,是一位常驻 New York City 的小提琴家。

My name is Eric Silberger, a violinist based in New York City.

我想问你们两位一个和心理偏差有关的问题。

My question for both of you is related to psychological biases.

通过 Berkshire Hathaway 的运营,你们其实能很清楚地看到很多宏观经济因素,但 Berkshire 并不会根据宏观经济因素来做投资决策。

Through Berkshire Hathaway's operations, you get a very good read on macroeconomic factors, yet Berkshire does not make investment decisions based upon macroeconomic factors.

那你们是怎么控制这些信息带来的影响的?比如说,知道宏观经济因素,或者知道股价之后产生的锚定效应。

How do you control the effect of information, such as knowing macroeconomic factors, or the anchoring effect of knowing stock prices?

因为过一阵子以后,一旦你之前分析过这些东西,其实就很难不受影响。

Because after a while, it's hard not to once you've analyzed them before.

那这些又会怎么影响你们做理性决策?你们是应该忽略它,还是应该试着把它正面利用起来?

And how does that influence your rational decision-making, whether you should ignore it or whether you should try to use it in a positive way?
M2
M20:51

嗯,Charlie 和我当然——我们读很多东西,所以我们——而且我们也对经济方面、还有政治方面的事情感兴趣。

Well, Charlie and I are certainly—we read a lot, so we—and we're interested in economic matters and political matters, for that matter.

所以我们,我们知道很多,呃,或者我应该说,我们对几乎所有宏观经济因素都相当熟悉。

And so we, we know a lot, uh, or we're familiar a lot, I should say, with almost all the macroeconomic factors.

但这并不代表我们知道这些因素最终会导向哪里。

That doesn't mean we know where they're going to lead.

我们不知道零利率最终会导致什么结果,但我们确实知道现在在发生什么。

We don't know where zero interest rates are going to lead, but we do know what's going on.

如果我们不知道什么——Warren,这里有个混淆。

If we don't know what— Warren, there's a confusion here.
M3
M31:23

这里写的是微观经济因素。

It says microeconomic factors.

哦,天哪,那我们可太重视那些了。

Oh my, we pay a lot of attention to those.

哦,对,要是你说的是宏观,那你并不比其他任何人知道得更多。

Oh yeah, if you talk about macro, you don't know any more than anybody else.
M2
M21:31

对,他已经总结得很到位了。

Yeah, he summed it up.

那个,那个——就我们买的企业来说,还有我们买股票的时候,我们其实是把它看成在买企业,所以这两种决策非常相似。

The, the—in terms of the businesses we buy, and we, when we buy stocks, we look at it as buying businesses, so they're very similar decisions.

我们会尽量去了解所有——或者说尽可能多地了解——那些微观经济因素。

We try to know all, or as many as we can know, of the microeconomic factors.

我们——我喜欢看一家企业的各种细节,不管我们最后买不买。

We—I like looking at the details of a business, whether we buy it or not.

我的意思是,我就是觉得研究这些“物种”很有意思,而做研究本来就是这样。

I mean, I just find it interesting to study the species, and that's the way you do studies.

所以我不觉得我们对这些因素有什么兴趣不足,或者否认它们的重要性。

So I don't think there's any lack of interest in those factors or denying the importance of them.

所以,Charlie,我这样算是回答到这个问题了吗?

So am I getting at this question or not, Charlie?
M3
M32:27

嗯,几乎没有什么东西会比微观经济学更重要了。

Well, there hardly could be anything more important than the microeconomics.

那就是商业本身。

That is business.

商业和微观经济学某种程度上就是同一个概念。

Business and microeconomics are sort of the same term.

微观经济学是我们真正做的事,宏观经济学是我们只能忍受的东西。

Microeconomics is what we do and macroeconomics is what we put up with.
M1
M12:45

对。

Yeah.

对了,锚定效应这件事,我是说,你们一般又是怎么处理的?

The anchoring effect, I mean, how do you deal with that as well?
M3
M32:49

嗯,我们不会被我们选择忽略的东西锚定住。

Well, we're not anchored to what we're ignoring.
M1
M12:52

我明白。

I see.
M2
M22:54

但是我们——Charlie 和我——确实是那种会觉得每一门生意都很有意思的人。

But we— Charlie and I are the kind that literally find it interesting in every business.

我们喜欢看微观层面的因素。

We like to look at micro factors.

如果我们买——比如说我们在一九七二年买下 See's Candies 的时候,你知道,当时可能有一百四十家店左右。

If we buy— when we buy a See's Candies in 1972, you know, there may have been 140 shops or something.

我们会看——我们会看每一家店的数据,然后长期跟踪它们,还会看那些开到第三年的店,在第二年的表现是什么样。

We'll look at the— we'll look at numbers on each one, and we'll watch them over time, and we'll see how third-year shops behave in the second year.

而且我们,我们真的,我们真的很喜欢弄明白一家企业是怎么运作的。

And we, we really, we really like understanding businesses.

就是,这对我们来说很有意思。

It's just, it's interesting to us.

这里面有些信息非常有用,也有些信息看起来好像没什么帮助,但谁知道呢,说不定哪天你脑子深处存着的某个小事实突然冒出来,真的就起了关键作用。

And some of the information is very useful, and some of it may look like it's not helpful, but who knows when some little fact stored in the back of your mind pops up and really does make a difference.

所以,嗯,我们很幸运,因为我们做的正是我们热爱的事情。

So, uh, we're fortunate in that we're doing what we love doing.

我的意思是,我们喜欢做这件事,就像有些人喜欢看棒球比赛一样——我也喜欢看——但是对他们来说,光是比赛本身,每一次投球都很有意思,而且,嗯,每一个瞬间都很有意思。比如说,球员——你知道,来个 double steal 也很有意思,或者不管是什么情况。

I mean, we love doing this like other people like watching baseball games, which I like to do too, but, but they— just the very act, every pitch is interesting, and, and, uh, every moment, you know, whether the guys— you know, a double steal is interesting, or whatever it may be.

所以,嗯,我们的精力就是投入在这种事情上,我们也会聊这类东西。

And, uh, so that's what our activity is devoted to, and we talk about that sort of thing.
M3
M34:06

我们尽量避免最糟糕的 anchoring effect,也就是你自己原先的结论。

We try and avoid the worst anchoring effect, which is always your previous conclusion.

我们会非常努力地推翻自己之前的想法。

We really try and destroy our previous ideas.
M2
M24:17

Charlie 说,如果你不同意一个人,你应该能够把对方的观点讲得比他自己还好。

Charlie says that if you disagree with somebody, you ought to be able to state their case better than they can.
M3
M34:27

完全正确。

Absolutely.
M2
M24:27

到了那个时候,你才算有资格不同意他。

And at that point, you've earned the right to disagree with them.
M3
M34:30

不然的话,你就该闭嘴。

Otherwise, you should keep quiet.

如果每个人都照我的这套办法来,我们的政治局面会好得多。

It would do wonders for our politics if everybody followed my system.