← 返回任务列表

2014年股东大会 · 如何给孩子正确的财商教育

73 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 6:16
F1
F10:00

大家下午好。

Good afternoon.

我叫 Diane Weiland,来自 Florida 的 Hollywood。

My name is Diane Weiland, and I'm from Hollywood, Florida.

我在公共教育领域工作了三十五年多。

I've worked in public education for over 35 years.

我担心的是,我觉得我们需要更积极主动地去帮助我们的孩子和青少年做好金融素养方面的准备,尤其是考虑到我们社会里很多成年人每天都在面对严重的财务压力。

My concern is that I think that we need to do more to proactively prepare our children and youth to be financially literate, especially in light of the serious financial stresses many adults in our society face on a daily basis.
M1
M10:30

谢谢。

Thank you.
F1
F10:31

我的问题是,您觉得金融素养教育应该成为我们国家学校课程里的标准组成部分吗?

My question is, do you think that financial literacy should be a standard part of the curriculum in our nation's schools?

如果应该的话,您觉得应该从多早开始?

And if so, how early do you think it should begin?

还有,您觉得其中最重要的一些学习目标会是什么?

And what do you think some of the most important learning goals would be?
M2
M20:48

嗯,当然是越早越好。

Well, certainly the earlier the better.

我是说,习惯在每个人的人生里都是一种非常强大的力量,

I mean, habits are such a powerful force

尤其是良好的理财习惯。

in everyone's life, and certainly good financial habits.

你知道,我一直都能看到这种情况。

You know, I see it all the time.

我每天都会收到来信,都是一些人在财务上做了这样那样荒唐的事,可他们自己并不知道那很荒唐。

I get letters every day from people that have committed some kind of financial lunacy or another, but they didn't know it was lunacy.

而且他们从来没有,你知道,没人教过他们这些。

And they never, you know, they didn't get taught that.

他们的父母也没教他们。

Their parents didn't teach it to 'em.

而因为缺乏金融常识给自己挖下的坑,你知道,你可能要花余生去把自己从里面拉出来。

And digging yourself out of the holes that financial illiteracy can cause, you know, you spend the rest of your lifetime doing it.

所以,所以我非常理解你在说的这个问题。

So, so I'm very sympathetic to what you're talking about.

我们也做过一点这方面的事。

We've done a little bit.

我不知道你有没有看过我们在展厅里的 Secret Millionaires Club 展区。

I don't know whether you saw our Secret Millionaires Club exhibit in the exhibition hall.

你得在他们很小的时候就开始和他们谈这些。

You want to talk to people at a very young age.

Charlie 和我算是很幸运。

Charlie and I were lucky.

我是说,我们在家里就接触到了这些,所以在还没意识到自己在学什么之前,我们就在晚餐桌上开始学了。

I mean, we got it in our family so that we were learning it at the dinner table before we knew what we were learning.

很多家庭里都会这样,但也有很多家庭并不是这样。

And that happens in a lot of families, and in a lot of families it doesn't happen.

当然,你刚才提到了儿童时期的金融素养。

And of course, you mentioned about childhood financial literacy.

其实成年人、成人金融素养也是个大问题。

There's a big problem with adulthood, adult financial literacy.

而且,除非学校介入,不然你很难比父母更聪明,或者养成比父母更好的习惯。当然,学校大概是最好的办法,不过电视上也能做很多,或者通过互联网也可以。

And it's harder to be smarter or have better habits than your parents unless the schools intercede, or probably the, you know, the schools are your best bet, but it can be done on—a lot can be done on television either, or through the internet.

但是,但是养成良好的理财习惯真的非常重要。

But, but it is really important to have good financial habits.

而且我觉得,凡是能通过学校体系在很早的时候去做的事,你知道,我肯定都会支持。

And I think anything you can do very early through the school system, you know, would certainly have my vote.

Charlie。

Charlie.
M1
M12:44

嗯,我不太确定这能怪学校。

Well, I'm not sure the schools are at fault.

我会把大部分责任归到父母身上。

I would place most of the fault with the parents.

我觉得最有力量的榜样就是父母自己的行为,所以如果你——

I think the most powerful example is the behavior of the parents, and so if you're—.
M2
M22:56

这点我同意。

I agree with it.

最重要的就是父母,不过不是每个人都能碰上合适的父母。

The most important thing is the parents, but not everybody gets the right parents.
M1
M13:01

对,不过,要纠正那些摊上不合适父母的人,是很难的。

Yeah, well, it's very hard to fix people who have the wrong parents.
M2
M23:10

那这么说吧,假设你负责去纠正那些摊上不合适父母的人。

Well, let's just say you had the job of fixing people that had the wrong parents.

你会怎么做?

What would you do about it?
M1
M13:15

那这样吧,假设你负责永远活下去。

Well, let's suppose you had the job of living forever.

你会怎么做?

What would you do about it?

我的意思是,这事说到最后就太不切实际了。

I mean, it gets to be so impractical.
M2
M23:22

什么——

What—.
M1
M13:22

谁会相信我有能力把所有那些摊上不合适父母的人都纠正过来?

Who would ever believe that I would have any ability to fix all the people that have the wrong parents?
M2
M23:29

那先纠正几个呢?

How about a few?
M1
M13:31

我觉得这个我也不擅长。

I don't think I'm good at that either.

我这一辈子唯一稍微擅长一点的事,就是把顶层再往上抬高一点。

The only thing I've ever been slightly good at in my life is raising the top higher.

只是我天生就没被赋予那种才能。

It's just that they left the talent out of me.

我并不轻视这件事。

I don't scorn it.

我觉得这是很高尚的工作。

I think it's a noble work.

只是我,我不擅长这个。

I just, I'm no good at it.

我觉得你在这方面也没厉害到哪去。

I don't think you're so hot either.
M2
M23:56

要是他当着公众这么说,力度会更强。

If he had been in public, it'd have been stronger.
M1
M14:05

顺便说一句,这个领域里教育上的主要问题,可能不在小学阶段。

By the way, the main troubles with education in this field are probably not in the grade schools.

问题多半出在大学里。

They're probably in the colleges.

各大高校的 finance 课程里教了很多愚蠢的东西,甚至 economics 系也有很多问题。

There's a lot of asininity taught in the finance courses at the major universities, and even the departments of economics have much wrong with them.

所以如果你真想开始修补这个世界,你不该以为东西一旦变得高深华丽了,就会好很多。

So if you really want to start fixing the world, you shouldn't assume that when it gets highfalutin, it's a lot better.
M2
M24:30

当然,至少有大概二十年的一段时间吧,我会说,那时候各大高校给 finance 专业学生的知识,净效用是负的。

Now, there was certainly a period of at least 20 years, I would say, when I think the net utility of knowledge given to finance majors was negative in major universities.

我觉得现在也许是在变好,但这——

I think maybe it's getting better now, but it is—.
M1
M14:56

想想看,净效用居然是负的。

Imagine that net utility was negative.

那真是毫无失误地荒唐。

It was blooper-free asinine.
M2
M25:02

对。

Yeah.
M1
M15:03

我们还是用正常的英语吧。

We should use normal English.
M2
M25:09

我有点担心你等会儿会用什么样的英语。

I'm worried about what English you're going to use.

我不想煽动他。

I don't want to egg him on.

坦白说,这让我觉得很有意思,因为这是一件我看得懂的事情,然后我眼看着那些顶尖——我是说,非常了不起的大学——本质上却在教人一些非常非常愚蠢的东西。

Frankly, it was fascinating to me because here was something I understood, and to watch major—I mean, extraordinary universities that essentially were teaching people some very, very dumb things.

甚至你想在那些学校的院系里拿到职位,都得先信奉这一套正统观念,可这根本毫无道理。

And where even to obtain positions in the departments of those schools, you had to subscribe to this orthodoxy, which made no sense at all.

而且这种情况还越来越严重,不过到了现在,又在相当大程度上开始发生变化了。

And it got stronger and stronger, and, and then now it's changing to quite a degree.

不过,这件事可能让我的高等教育观感变差了,而且差到了一种不太合理的程度,因为你知道,也许只是我熟悉的那个领域特别糟,但它确实很糟。

But it may have soured my feeling on higher education to an unwarranted degree because that, you know, it may have been particularly bad in the area that I was familiar with, but it was bad.

我这个——我这么说还可以吧,Charlie?

Have I got—is my language okay, Charlie?
M1
M16:07

如果你当年学的是 physics 而不是 finance,你对学术界的印象可能会更好。

You would've liked academics better if you'd taken physics instead of finance.
M2
M26:12

对,不过我还是很庆幸我没那么选。

Yeah, well, I'm glad I didn't.

好。

Okay.
已剔除 1 处广告(点击展开查看)
M2
M24:02广告 · 已剔除

Stop by our Secret Millionaires Club, though.

You may get some ideas.