← 返回任务列表

2010年股东大会 · 巴芒从中国学到的最重要的东西是什么?

30 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 2:53
F1
F10:00

你从中国学到的最重要的东西是什么?

What is the most important thing that you have learned from China?

谢谢。

Thank you.
M1
M10:07

我从中国学到的最重要的东西?

Most important thing I've learned from China?

中国,是吧。

China, yeah.

对。

Yeah.
M2
M20:11

Charlie,你从中国学到的最重要的东西是什么?

What's the most important thing you've learned from China, Charlie?
M1
M10:16

BYD有一些非常特别的人。

It has some very unusual people in BYD.

我学到的就是这一点,没有哪条经验比这个更重要了。

I've learned - no other lesson is as important as that one.
M2
M20:30

我了解到,他们更喜欢Sprite,而不是Coke。

I've learned they like Sprite better than Coke.

在中国,Sprite的销量是Coke的两倍,不过这两个品牌都在快速增长。

Sprite outsells Coke in China by 2 to 1, but they're both growing dramatically.

我觉得中国是一个了不起的经济体。

I think China is an amazing economy.

我的意思是,我毫不怀疑,接下来中国的人均增长会非常惊人。

I mean, there is no question in my mind that, you know, the growth on a per capita basis is going to be dramatic going forward.

我的意思是,他们才刚刚开始发挥自己的潜力。

I mean, they're just starting to exercise their potential.

你想想看,一七九零年,美国有四百万人,差一点四百万。

When you think about it, in 1790, there were 4 million people in the United States, just under 4 million.

而一七九零年,中国有两亿九千万人。

There were 290 million in China in 1790.

他们一样聪明,也一样勤劳。

Just as smart, you know, just as hardworking.

土地资源、矿产资源,还有气候,几乎所有方面都非常相似。

Resources of the land, the minerals, everything, climate, very, very similar.

可是大约一百七十年里,这些人的生活水平几乎没有什么进步。就像你说的,他们拥有和美国人一样的天赋和能力。

And for 170 years or so, relatively little progress was made in the standard of living for those people, like you say, who had all the native abilities that America had.

但在最近几十年里,中国人的潜力正在被释放出来,而且这个潜力非常巨大。

But, you know, in recent decades, the potential of the Chinese is being unleashed, and it's huge.

我觉得,观察这一切真的非常有意思。

And, you know, I, I think it's very, very interesting to watch.

Charlie和我,还有一部分董事,九月底要去中国。我几年前也去过一次。

Charlie and I and a group of the - some of the directors are going over there at the end of September, you know, and I was over there a couple years ago.

那真是一个值得亲眼一看的景象。

It's a sight to behold.

不过要说具体学到了什么,他们可没教会我怎么吃中国菜,这一点我得说明白。

Uh, but in terms of specific lessons, they haven't taught me how to eat Chinese food, I will say that.
M1
M12:05

我想,我一直都知道中国人拥有巨大的潜力。

I think I always knew that the Chinese people had an enormous potential.

他们能够取得巨大而迅速的进步,因为我从自己接触过的那些华裔美国人身上,就能看到这一点。

For huge and rapid progress, because I could see that in all the Chinese Americans that I dealt with.

事实上,有些人来到这里时只是中国苦力,实际上就跟奴隶差不多,可他们后来进步得如此之快,简直令人惊叹。

And indeed, people came in here as Chinese coolies, in effect slaves, and they rose so rapidly that it was a marvel.

所以我一直知道,中国有潜力成为人类文明的一大贡献者。

So I always knew that China had a potential to be a huge credit to human civilization.

但我还是低估了这一切发生的速度。

But I think I underrated how fast it could happen.

中国正在以极快的速度创造人类文明进步的新纪录。

China is setting a new record for advancement of civilization at a very rapid rate.

看着这一切发展,真的很有意思。

It's, it's fun to watch.