F1
F10:00
下午好,Buffett 先生,Munger 先生。
Good afternoon, Mr. Buffett and Mr. Munger.
我叫高瓴盈,我来自中国上海。
My name is Gao Lingying, and I came from Shanghai, China.
我主要关注教育投资。
I focus on education investment.
今天,我和一家教育公司的同事有一个问题。
Today, my coworker in an education company and I have a question.
您怎么看美国和中国未来的教育市场?
What do you think about the education market in America and China in the future?
谢谢。
Thank you.
M1
M10:32
嗯,很显然,我们最近拿到的都是这种简单问题。
Well, we certainly are getting the easy questions lately.
M2
M20:37
对,对,对,对。
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
M1
M10:42
我觉得美国这边——不管他说什么,我都同意。
I think America—whatever he says, I agree with.
我觉得,美国在允许公立学校不断衰退这件事上犯了一个巨大的错误,而我认为亚洲文化不太可能这么做。
I think America made a huge mistake when they allowed the public schools to deteriorate, and I think the Asian cultures are less likely to do that.
所以,如果亚洲文化能够避免我们犯过的一些错误,那我只能说,我真希望我们能更像他们一些。
So to the extent that Asian cultures are avoiding some of our mistakes, why, I just wish we were more like them.
好。
Okay.
M2
M21:14
Charlie,这段我可能不该讲给你听。
I probably shouldn't tell you this one, Charlie.
他刚才最后那两个词,好像听得有点费劲。
He's having a little trouble there on those last two words.
我有点担心 Charlie。
I got a little worried about Charlie.
我也不知道该不该说这个,不过我当时在想,他是不是听力有点下降了,但我又不想当面跟他说。
I don't know whether I should talk about this, but I thought maybe he was losing his hearing, and I didn't want to confront him with it.
我是说,我们已经是很多年的老朋友了,所以我就去找医生,我说,医生,我有个很棒的合伙人,但我觉得他的听力可能有点不行了。
I mean, we've been pals for a long time, so I went to the doctor and I said, Doc, I've got this wonderful partner, but I think maybe his hearing is going on him.
而且我不想直接跟他说这个。
And I don't want to talk to him about it.
我是说,对一个认识了这么久的人,这种话你怎么说得出口呢?
I mean, how do you say that to somebody you've known that long?
那我该怎么办?
And what should I do?
他说,嗯,你站到房间另一头,用正常音量跟他说话,然后告诉我会发生什么。
He says, well, you stand across the room, talk to him in a normal tone of voice, and let me know what happens.
所以,下一次我和 Charlie 在一起的时候,我站在房间另一头说,Charlie,我觉得我们应该在 三十五 美元买入 General Motors。
So the next time I was with Charlie, I stood across the room and I said, Charlie, I think we ought to buy General Motors at 35.
你同意吗?
Do you agree?
一点反应都没有。
Not a flicker.
我就走到房间中间。
I go halfway across the room.
我说,Charlie,我觉得我们应该在 三十五 美元买入 General Motors。
I said, Charlie, I think we ought to buy General Motors at 35.
你同意吗?
Do you agree?
还是没反应。
Nothing.
然后我走到他旁边,直接凑到他耳边。
Get right next to him, in his ear.
Charlie,我觉得我们应该在 三十五 美元买入 General Motors。
Charlie, I think we ought to buy General Motors at 35.
你同意吗?
Do you agree?
他说,第三次了,同意。
He said, for the third time, yes.