← 返回任务列表

芒格:正确的生活方式是学习,学习再学习

31 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 3:22
M1
M10:00

在你经历过成千上万次谈判和商业交易的职业生涯里,你能不能跟在场大家讲讲,哪一次是你脑子里印象最深、最喜欢的,或者说特别值得一提的?

In your career of thousands of negotiations and business dealings, could you describe for the crowd which one sticks out in your mind as your favorite, or is otherwise noteworthy?
M2
M20:16

嗯,我不觉得我有哪一个绝对最喜欢,但要说哪一次作为学习经验对我们帮助最大,那大概就是 See's Candy。

Well, I don't think I've got a favorite, but the one that probably did us the most good as a learning experience was See's Candy.

这就是品牌的力量,钱会源源不断地越来越多地流进来,几乎都不用干什么活。

It's just the power of the brand, the unending flow of ever-increasing money with no work.

听起来不错。

Sounds nice.

确实是。

It was.

而且我不确定,如果我们当初没买 See's,我们后来还会不会买 Coca-Cola。

And I'm not sure we would have bought the Coca-Cola if we hadn't bought the See's.

我觉得,一个真正活得对的人生,就是一直学习,学习,再学习。

I think that a life properly lived is just learn, learn, learn all the time.

我觉得 Berkshire 能从这些投资决策里获益这么大,就是因为我们在很长很长的一段时间里不断学习。

And I think Berkshire's gained enormously from these investment decisions by learning through a long, long period.

每次你任命一个从来没有过大规模资本配置经验的人,都有点像在掷骰子。

Every time you appoint a new person that's never had big capital allocation experience, it's like rolling the dice.

我觉得,我们之所以做了这么久,处境要好得多。

And I think we're way better off having done it so long.

而且,而且,不过这些决策其实是融合在一起的。

And, and, but the decisions blend.

其中最突出的一个特点,就是持续不断地学习。

And the one feature that comes through is the continuous learning.

如果我们没有一直学习,你们今天甚至都不会坐在这里。

If we had not kept learning, you wouldn't even be here.

你们大概还是会活着,不过不会在这里。

You'd be alive, probably, but not here.
M3
M31:41

没有什么比身处一个烂生意里更能让你体会到好生意的可贵了。

There's nothing like the pain of being in a lousy business to make you appreciate a good one.
M2
M21:46

嗯,不过也没有什么比进入一个真正的好生意更棒了。

Well, there's nothing like getting into a really good one.

那是非常愉快的经历,而且也是一种学习经历。

That's a very pleasant experience, and it's a learning experience.

我有个朋友说,钓鱼的第一条规则,就是去有鱼的地方钓;第二条规则,就是永远别忘了第一条规则。

I have a friend who says, the first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are, and the second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

而我们已经很擅长去有鱼的地方钓鱼了。

And we've gotten good at fishing where the fish are.
M3
M32:09

对,不过那只是打个比方。

Yeah, that's only metaphorically.

我有一次跟 Charlie 一起去钓鱼。

I went to fish with Charlie one time.

那该死的水面上别的船太多了。

There are too many other boats in the damn water.
M2
M22:16

不过那条裂缝还在那儿。

But the fissure's still there.
M3
M32:22

对,我们在一九六六年买下了 Baltimore 的一家百货商店。真的,没有什么比这种经历更特别了:你得判断要不要在一个还没发展成熟、还不足以支撑新店的区域开一家新店,但你的竞争对手可能会先搬过去,于是你就得决定自己要不要也跳进去,而如果你跳进去,事情反而就被搞砸了。

Yeah, we bought a department store in Baltimore in 1966, and there's really nothing like the experience of trying to decide whether you're going to put a new store in an area that hasn't really developed yet enough to support it, but your competitor may move there first, and then you have the decision of whether to jump in, and if you jump in, that kind of spoils it.

这样一来,你就有了两家店,可实际上连一家店都还算不上完全站得住。

Now you've got 2 stores where even 1 store isn't quite justified.

这些游戏,这些商业游戏该怎么下场,你通过亲自去试会学到很多,而你真正学到的,是哪些游戏该避开。

How to play those games, those business games, is— you learn a lot by trying, and what you really learn is which ones to avoid.

我的意思是,只要你能避开一大堆糟糕透顶的生意,你一开始就已经领先很多了,因为这些我们几乎都试过。

I mean, if you just stay out of a bunch of terrible businesses, you're off to a very great start, because we've tried them all.
M2
M23:08

不过你确实能学到东西,因为那种经历很像嘴里吃进了 cockleburs。

But you can really learn because the experience is a lot like eating cockleburs.

它真的会让你一下子警醒起来。

And it really gets your attention.
M3
M33:15

嗯,这个我们就不展开说了。

Well, we won't expand on that.

Andrew Ross Sorkin。

Andrew Ross Sorkin.