← 返回任务列表

Bill Ackman on His Investing Playbook, His Bullish and Bearish Bets, and What Could Trigger the Next 2008

585 段 · 2 位说话人 · 原片 46:02
M1
M10:00

要想成为一个成功的长期投资者,关键是你得能熬过那种艰难的市场时期——当别人都在恐慌的时候。

The key to being a successful long-term investor is being able to survive those kind of challenging market periods when everyone else is panicking.

事实上,你最好能在别人恐慌的时候,手里还有钱可以投资。

In fact, you want to have money to invest when others are panicking.
M2
M20:09

Bill Ackman 管理的不只是一个投资组合。

Bill Ackman doesn't just manage a portfolio.

作为 Pershing Square 的创始人,他打造了华尔街最受关注的对冲基金之一。

As the founder of Pershing Square, he has built one of the most closely watched hedge funds on Wall Street.

这家伙一发推文,真的就能影响市场。

When this guy tweets, he literally moves markets.

今天,他会告诉我,给投资者最重要的一条建议是什么。

Today, he tells me the biggest tip for investors.
M1
M10:24

投资于那些你相信经得起时间考验的东西。

Invest in something that you believe will withstand the test of time.

一家企业的价值,就是它在整个生命周期里所产生现金流的现值。

The value of a business is the present value of the cash it generates over its life.
M2
M20:32

还有,他担心的那些宏观经济风险是什么。

The macroeconomic risks he's worried about.
M1
M10:34

我觉得市场最大的风险在于,市场里有很多高杠杆的参与者,而我们现在面临某种外部冲击的风险,这可能会导致股市大幅下跌。

I think the biggest risk to markets is that there are a lot of very levered players in the market and we're at risk to some kind of extrinsic shock and that could cause stocks to go down a lot.
M2
M20:43

还有,哪家公司会赢下 AI 这场竞赛?

And which company will win the AI race?
M1
M10:45

有些人害怕 AI。

Some people are afraid of AI.

他们觉得它会对就业造成很大的破坏,诸如此类。

They think it's going to be very destructive to jobs and so on.

但我觉得,AI 实际上会成为经济增长的重要推动力,也是就业增长的重要推动力。

I think it will be actually a big driver of economic growth, a big driver of job growth.

不过,你得学会怎么使用这些工具。

But you have to learn how to use the tools.
M2
M20:55

我是 Nicole Lapin,那个你不需要查字典也能听懂的金融专家。

I'm Nicole Lapin, the only financial expert you don't need a dictionary to understand.

现在是 Money Rehab 时间。

It's time for some Money Rehab.

Bill Ackman,欢迎来到 Money Rehab。

Bill Ackman, welcome to Money Rehab.
M1
M11:12

谢谢邀请我。

Thanks for having me.
M2
M21:12

现在的经济感觉有点怪怪的,不过说实话,它好像一直都有点怪。

So the economy feeling funky, but to be fair, it always feels a little bit funky.

我觉得好像从来就没有哪段时间不是这样。

I don't think there's ever been a time it hasn't.

你对当前经济和市场正在发生的事情,整体怎么看?

What's your overall take on what's going on in the economy and markets right now?
M1
M11:24

我觉得现在是历史上一个不太寻常的时期。

So I think it's an unusual time in history.

我觉得真正的大主题其实就是 AI。

I think the big story is really AI.

AI 正在推动大量的创业活动。

AI is driving an enormous amount of entrepreneurship.

它让非常广泛的人群都能以很低的成本获得,你知道,某种“智能”。

It's giving access to, you know, intelligence to a very broad group of people, you know, at very low cost.

你知道,Google 基本上就是免费的,诸如此类,然后又有这场围绕 AI 的大规模基础设施建设。

You know, Google is basically free and all, and then you have this massive infrastructure build in connection with AI.

所以你会看到,世界上一些最大的公司正在竞争,想要打造出通向 superintelligence 的模型。

So you have, you know, some of the largest companies in the world competing to build the model for superintelligence.

而它们需要获得算力和数据。

And they need access to compute and data.

我们现在看到的就像一场圈地热潮,人们真的在买地、建数据中心、往里面装满 GPU 和内存,从而推动这项正在改变世界的技术。

And we're seeing a land rush as people are literally acquiring land, building data centers, filling them with GPUs, memory, and enabling this technology that's transforming the world.

我觉得这会对我们所有人产生非常巨大的影响。

And I think it's going to have an enormous impact on all of us.

你知道,有些人害怕 AI。

You know, some people are afraid of AI.

他们觉得它会对就业造成很大的破坏,诸如此类。

They think it's going to be very destructive to jobs and so on.

我觉得它实际上会成为经济增长的一大推动力,也是就业增长的一大推动力。

I think it will be actually a big driver of economic growth, big driver of job growth.

但你得,你得学会怎么使用这些工具。

But you have to, you have to learn how to use the tools.

不过我觉得,真正的大故事还是 AI。

But I think the big story is really AI.

对,现在 Iran 那边确实有战争在进行,但我觉得这件事会自己解决。

Yes, we have a war going on in Iran that I think will resolve itself.

我不觉得它会持续很多年。

I don't think it's going to go on for years.

我觉得它最终会以某种方式解决,而且对美国的影响不会太大。

I think it will resolve itself one way or another in a way that won't be too impactful on the US.

然后我觉得你也看到,大多数公司实际上都做得相当不错。

And then I think you're seeing, you know, companies are actually doing quite well for the most part.

不过这确实有点像是一个分化的经济,一些相对低收入的人群正受到通胀的冲击。

But it is a bit of a bifurcated economy where some of the kind of lower-income people are challenged with inflation.

而且,你知道,这确实是个很大的担忧。

And, you know, that's a, that's a major concern.

所以我会说,也不是一切都那么美好。

So it's not all roses, I would say.
M2
M22:53

确实不是。

It's definitely not.

从来都不是。

It never is.

所以,如果 OpenAI、Anthropic、SpaceX 都上市的话,你觉得最后的赢家会是谁?

So with OpenAI, Anthropic, SpaceX all going public, who do you think the winner is going to be?
M1
M13:01

你知道,Anthropic 看起来在 frontier models 方面是领先者,而且在打造业务这件事上显然也做得很好,最近似乎已经实现盈利了。

You know, Anthropic seems to be the leader in terms of frontier models and building a business that apparently turned profitable recently.

这相当令人印象深刻。

That's pretty impressive.

我对 OpenAI 担心的是,你知道,在可预见的未来,它很可能会出现非常巨大的亏损。

What concerns me about OpenAI is, you know, kind of a prediction of very significant losses for the foreseeable future.

还有,我觉得 open-source models 已经变得非常好了,而且,你知道,人们将可以用上更低成本甚至免费的模型,这些模型足以帮助他们回答大多数重要问题,或者解决他们需要解决的问题。

And also, I think the open-source models are getting so good, and, you know, people will have access to either lower-cost or free models that will enable them to answer most of the important questions or solve the problems that they need.

所以我没那么相信去押注 frontier model 公司。

So I'm less of a believer in betting on the frontier model company.

你知道,SpaceX 是一家非常有意思的公司。

You know, SpaceX is a very interesting business.

你知道,Starlink 这块业务利润极其丰厚,而且在某种全球卫星通信领域几乎是垄断地位。

You know, the Starlink franchise is enormously profitable, and a near monopoly on kind of global satellite telephony.

你知道,他们的航天业务非常惊人,而且在数据基础设施方面也占据了极强的位置。

You know, their space franchise is incredible and they have an amazing position in terms of data infrastructure.

如果你想租十万张 GPU,今天大概几乎只有 SpaceX 能做到,而且他们在这些资产上获得的回报非常高。

If you want to rent 100,000 GPUs, about the only place you can do that today is SpaceX and they're earning very high returns on those assets.

然后他们还有自己的 AI models,最近还推出了一个新的。

And then they have their own AI models that launched a new one recently.

所以,这是一组非常惊人的资产组合,而且是由我们这一代最有天赋的技术型创业者在运营。

So it's an incredible collection of assets run by the most talented technologist entrepreneur of our generation.

而我觉得唯一的问题就是价格。

And I think the only question is just price.

按一万亿美元,不管现在是六千亿还是七千亿来看,如果你能用这个价格的一半买到它,上涨空间肯定会更大。

At a trillion, wherever it is, 6 or 7, there's less upside than if you could buy it for half that price.

不过,你知道,我,我不会——那句话就是,永远不要做空 Elon。

But, you know, I, I wouldn't—the, the word is never bet against Elon.

所以,我,我觉得,SpaceX 在接下来不管多长一段时间里,都会是一家极其重要的公司。

So I, I, you know, I think that SpaceX will be an incredibly important company over the next whatever period of time.

不过,它不在 Pershing Square 的投资组合里,因为它不具备我们所寻找的那种可预测性。

Now, it's not in the Pershing Square portfolio because it doesn't have the degree of predictability that we're looking for.

我们喜欢那种业务,就是今天大致上——我是说,你如果去想一个 business,一个 business,你知道,大家会想到股票和债券,对吧?

We like businesses that sort of today— I mean, if you think about a business, a business, you know, people think about stocks and bonds, right?

债券呢,你会拿到票息,也就是利息收入,一年拿个几次。

Bonds, you get paid a coupon, you know, an interest rate, you know, a couple times a year.

而且,你知道,如果是固定利率债券,那你基本上就能确定拿到百分之六或百分之七的收益。

And it, you know, if it's a fixed-rate bond, you know, you're going to get your 6% or 7% for sure.

到了债券到期的时候,只要这家公司信用没问题,你还会拿回本金。

And at the end of the life of the bond, you're going to get your principal as long as it's a creditworthy company.

business 其实也有点像债券。

A business is a bit like a bond as well.

只不过,它的票息,也就是利息支付,是不确定的。

Except the coupon, the interest payment, is not known.

你得去估算它将来会是多少。

You have to estimate what it's going to be.

而这个“利息支付”,我们有一种理解方式,我们看公司时,会把 earnings 看成这门 business 的收益率。

And the interest payment, a way to think about it, the way we think about companies is we think about the earnings as the yield on the business.

所以大家会谈到 P/E,对吧?

So people talk about P/E, right?

比如一只股票的 P/E 是二十倍。

A stock's trading at a P/E of 20.

那如果你把 P/E 倒过来看,就是百分之五的 earnings yield。

Well, if you flip over the P/E, it's a 5% earnings yield.

一种理解方式是,你是在投资一家今天能给你带来百分之五回报的公司,而问题在于,这个百分之五的收益率会不会随着时间增长,还是说会有人搞出一种颠覆它的 business,然后这家公司就消失了?

One way to think about it is you're investing in a company that's generating a 5% return on your investment today, and the question is, is that 5% yield going to grow over time, or is someone going to come up with a business that disrupts it and the company's going to disappear?

所以,你知道,股票比债券风险更高,因为它们未来没有那么高的确定性。

And so, you know, stocks are riskier than bonds because there isn't the same degree of certainty about their future.

但如果你把可投资公司的范围缩小到这些真正可预测的、你知道、我们认为市场地位强到近乎垄断的 business,你就能在不承担——所以现在市场是不是太贵了?

But if you narrow down the universe of companies you invest in to these really predictable, you know, businesses where their market position is, we believe, so dominant, you can earn well in excess of bond-like returns without taking— So is the market too expensive right now?

这个嘛,我会说,有些地方是。

You know, I would say in spots.

我觉得很难对整个市场一概而论。

I think it's hard to generalize about the market.

你知道,大家看股市会说,好,今天的 P/E 可能是二十一倍之类的,而市场的平均 P/E 可能是十七倍。

You know, people look at the stock market and they say, okay, today the P/E today might be 21 or something like this, and the average P/E in the market might be 17.

所以他们就会说,你看,从边际上讲,市场看起来是高估了。

So they can say, look, on the margin, it looks overvalued.

但是,你知道,市场的价值取决于未来 earnings 会是多少。

But, you know, the value of a market is a function of what the earnings are going to be in the future.

而 earnings 一直都在大幅超出预期。

And earnings have continued to significantly exceed expectations.

而且 earnings 的增长速度也比历史上更快。

And earnings are growing at a faster rate than historically.

另外,市场里相当大的一部分,其实是由那些最大的公司构成的。

And a big percentage of the market is represented by kind of the biggest companies.

而这些公司,不管是 NVIDIA、Microsoft、Google,还是 Alphabet,都是质量高得多、增长也快得多的 business;如果你回头看二十年前,当时排在前六七位的那些公司,可不是这样。

And those companies, whether it's the NVIDIAs, the Microsofts, the Googles, the Alphabets of the world, are much higher quality businesses growing much more quickly than if you look back 20 years ago, what the top 6 or 7 companies were back then.

所以我认为,现在这是一组质量更高的公司,理应享受更高的估值倍数。

So I think it's a higher quality collection of companies that deserves to trade at a higher multiple.

而且回到我刚才那点,你知道,如果 Microsoft、Amazon 和 Meta 都是便宜的股票——而我们相信它们确实是——那你甚至可以说,市场一点都不贵。

And to my point, you know, if Microsoft and Amazon and Meta are, you know, cheap stocks, which we believe they are, you know, you could argue the market's not expensive at all.
M2
M26:57

那如果有人现在手上有一千美元可以投资,他们应该投到哪里?

So if somebody had $1,000 to invest right now, where should they put it?
M1
M17:01

我会去找少数几家不怎么使用杠杆的 business。

I would find a handful of businesses that don't use a lot of leverage.

所以我们想要的是那些不会使用太多财务杠杆的公司。

So we want companies that don't use a lot of financial leverage.

就是那种你喜欢、也很欣赏的企业。

They're businesses that you like and admire.

是那种长期下来会做出正确决策的企业,而且你会相信,就算股市关门十年,十年后你依然会很高兴自己持有它。

That, that make good decisions over time, and a business where you believe if the stock market were to shut for 10 years, you'd still be happy to own it 10 years from now.

不要去投那种眼下看起来最让人兴奋的东西。

Don't invest in kind of what seems to be most exciting now.

要投你相信能够经受时间考验的东西,因为一家企业的价值,就是它在整个生命周期里所产生现金流的现值。

Invest in something that you believe will withstand the test of time, because the value of a business is the present value of the cash it generates over its life.

而且你得能够判断,它会存在很长很长时间。

And you have to be able to predict it's going to be around a long time.
M2
M27:34

我很想看看这一点现在是怎么体现在 Pershing 的投资组合里的。

I'd love to see how that's reflected in Pershing's portfolio right now.

你们把持仓控制在十二到十五个投资。

You guys keep it to 12 to 15 investments.

为什么你们把组合收得这么紧?你们现在又看好什么?

Why do you keep it so tight and what are you excited about right now?
M1
M17:44

当然。

Sure.

我们的做法是,去找到我们认为全世界最好的企业,那种能经受时间考验的企业,能扛过 AI 冲击的企业,至少也会是受益者——你知道的,要么不受影响,要么会从 AI 中受益。

So our approach is to find what we believe to be the best businesses in the world, businesses that will survive the test of time, businesses that will survive the disruption of AI, will be beneficiaries at a minimum, you know, will be either neutral or beneficiaries of, of AI.

所以我们的投资组合里,在某些情况下,装的是一些我们一直都想持有的公司。

And so our portfolio, you know, is comprised in some cases of companies we've always wanted to own.

只是直到最近,它们的价格才没那么贵。

But weren't cheap until more recently.

这份名单里我会放 Amazon,也会放 Meta、Uber,还有 Microsoft。

I put Amazon on that list, Meta on that list, Uber on that list, Microsoft.

这些都是我们一直很欣赏、但以前总是太贵的企业。

You know, businesses that we've always admired were always too expensive.

而市场上的很多资金,都在流向那种新的、更新的热门东西。

And a lot of money in the markets is flowing toward kind of the new, new thing.

比如说股票,像半导体股、存储相关的,或者说那些最近让大家赚到钱的地方。

You know, stocks, you know, semiconductor stocks or memory or, you know, places where people have recently made money.

而我们关注的是,未来三年、四年或者五年,我们要去哪里赚到很高的复利回报?

And we focus on where are we going to earn a high compound return over the next 3, 4, or 5 years?

这也让我们能够把这些高质量的、我们称之为 durable compounders 的公司装进投资组合里。

And that's enabled us to fill a portfolio with these very high-quality, what we call durable compounders.
M2
M28:37

不过 Brookfield 是怎么回事?

What's up with Brookfield though?
M1
M18:39

Brookfield 其实也非常符合这个模型。

Brookfield really fits the model as well.

我们喜欢那种不算特别资本密集、能赚到有点像 royalty 一样回报的公司。

We like companies that have, that are sort of not particularly capital intensive, that earn kind of royalty-like returns.

或者说,如果它确实有一定资本密集度,那它也能在投入的资金上赚到非常高的回报。

Or if they have a degree of capital intensity, they can earn very high returns on the money they invest.

Brookfield 做的是 asset management,而且他们非常擅长,本质上涵盖 private equity、real estate、infrastructure,以及很多和 energy power 相关的业务。

Brookfield's in the business of asset management and they're very good at it, really private equity, real estate, infrastructure, a lot of the energy power-related businesses.

所以随着越来越多资本流入去建设 data centers 之类的领域,Brookfield 会在这个赛道里成为一个非常成功的参与者。

And so as more and more capital is going in to build data centers, et cetera, that's a field where Brookfield is going to be a very successful participant.

而且他们管理的是别人的钱,并且会在这些资本上收取像 royalty 一样的费用,也就是管理费。

And they manage other people's money and earn a royalty, a fee on that capital.

这是门非常好的生意。

And that's a very good business.
M2
M29:17

我是说,你有些年份的回报高得惊人,超过百分之五十,这真的很了不起。

I mean, there's years that you've delivered some crazy 50-plus percent returns, which is incredible.

呃,对很多人来说,hedge funds 是接触不到的。

Uh, hedge funds are out of reach for a lot of people.

当然,你推出了 PSUS,就是为了让更多人能够接触到 hedge fund。

Of course, you created PSUS to democratize hedge fund access.

你觉得是不是应该有更多 hedge funds 这么做,还是说它天生对散户投资者来说就太高风险、波动太大了?

Do you think more hedge funds should do that, or is it too, by nature, risky and volatile for retail investors?
M1
M19:35

这得看你是做什么的。

It depends what you do.

我觉得我们做的这件事,其实风险相对是比较低的。

I think what we do is actually relatively low risk.

我们买的是非常高质量的公司。

We buy very high-quality companies.

我们会长期持有它们。

We own them for the long term.

我们会很深入地参与这些公司,帮助它们取得成功。

We get pretty deeply involved in those companies and help them be successful.

所以我们有时候会加入董事会,不过我想说的是,只要我们有一些想法能帮助一家企业成功,我们基本上总是能直接跟管理层沟通。

So we'll occasionally join boards, but we'll always, I would say, have management's ear to the extent we have ideas that can help a business, you know, be successful.

我们管理的这个载体,PSH,你可以把它看成一个 hedge fund,不过它是少数几家公开交易的 hedge fund 之一。

The vehicle we manage, PSH, is a—you could think of it as a hedge fund, but it's one of the only publicly traded hedge funds.

而且刚好就在这个时候,它的价格非常有吸引力。

It happens to be available at this very moment at a very attractive price.

所以,你要是喜欢 Microsoft,让我看看,Microsoft 现在的交易价格是——我们把它的 ticker 调出来。

So, you know, if you like Microsoft, let's see, Microsoft right now is trading at—let's pull it up, the ticker.

你看,Microsoft 今天的股价是三百八十七美元。

You know, Microsoft today is trading at $387.

那如果你想用,比方说,三百一十美元的价格买它,那你就买 PSH,因为 PSH 现在的交易价格比它资产价值低百分之二十二。

Well, if you want to buy it at, you know, $310, well, you just buy PSH because PSH is trading at a 22% discount to the value of its assets.

所以它是一个在股票市场上公开交易的基金。

So it's a publicly traded fund that trades in the stock market.

而且你知道,短期来看,它的交易价格是由股票供需决定的。

And it, you know, it trades based on supply and demand for the shares in the short term.

我们持有的资产每股价值接近五十美元,而这只股票现在大概比这个价格低百分之二十二。

The assets we own are worth almost $50 a share and the stock's about a 22% discount to that price.
M2
M210:34

所以你们确实是用更好的价格买到的,而且买了很多,对吧?

So you guys got it at a better price, but you got a ton of it, right?

你们最近买了二十亿美元。

You recently bought $2 billion.

买了 Microsoft,然后卖掉了一部分 Alphabet 来腾出这笔资金。

Microsoft and then sold some Alphabet to free that up.

你现在还看好 Alphabet 吗,还是说你只是更看好 Microsoft?

Are you still bullish on Alphabet or are you just more bullish on Microsoft?
M1
M110:46

对我们来说,有两件事最重要:第一是业务质量、长期增长的持续性,算是这家企业整体的质量;第二是价格。

Two things matter to us: business quality, long-term growth durability, kind of the overall quality of the business, and then the price.

我们会尽量在一个能让我们长期获得非常有吸引力回报的价格上买入。

And we try to buy at a price that offers us a very attractive return over time.

有时候,我们持有的一家公司涨到了一个价位,导致它未来的回报低于我们心里的那个门槛。

And occasionally a business we own gets to a price where the go-forward return is less than our kind of threshold.

我们卖掉 Google,不是因为我们觉得它不是一家了不起的公司,而是因为它的价格到了一个水平,让我们觉得,未来的回报不如把资金重新配置到 Microsoft 上来得好。

And we sold Google not because we didn't think it was an amazing business, but rather because the price got to a level where we felt the go-forward return was lower than what could be achieved by redeploying the capital into Microsoft.
M2
M211:13

你觉得现在有什么公司,像八十年代的 Apple 一样?

What company now do you think is like Apple in the '80s?
M1
M111:18

Apple 在过去十年里,其实并不是最有创新力的公司。

Apple has not been the most innovative company in the last decade.

它依然是一门非常棒的生意,但我甚至都不记得我用的是哪一代 iPhone。

It's still an amazing business, but I don't even remember which iPhone I have.

而且我不觉得它比我前几代用过的 iPhone 有什么本质上的提升。

And I don't think it's materially better than the iPhone I had a few versions ago.
M2
M211:30

你没有用最新的 iPhone 吗?

You don't have the newest iPhone?

Bill?

Bill?
M1
M111:32

我,我觉得我是用的最新款,不过是 iPhone 15 吗?

I, I believe I do, but is it iPhone 15?

我的意思是,我连它到底是哪一款都不知道。

I don't even know which one it is, is my point.

不过我之前那部,其实是前几代 iPhone 里的某一部,更好,因为它的电池续航比我现在这部要好,好不少。

But the one I had before, actually a few iPhones ago, was better because the battery life was, was better than the one I have, I have now.

你知道,有些人在说一个观点,就是你这样随身带着手机到处走,再过五年或者十年,你可能就不会再带着手机走来走去了。

You know, some people are making the argument that this notion of walking around with a phone, you know, 5 or 10 years from now, you're not going to walk around with a phone anymore.

你就是会一直连着网,而且也不用带着这个可能会丢、也可能会被人偷走的设备。

You're just going to be connected, and you don't have to carry this device that you can lose or people can steal.

你可能就是身上带个什么,我也不知道,衬衫上别一个小别针之类的,它就能接收、你知道,处理你所有的需求,回答你所有的问题。

You'll just have some, I don't know, a little pin on your shirt that will pick up, you know, all of your, answer all your questions.
M2
M212:04

或者甚至直接在你的大脑里。

Or maybe even in your brain.
M1
M112:06

对,其实这是我最近花了一些时间在关注的一个领域。

Yeah, actually, it's an area that I've been spending some time on recently.

现在有不少公司在做这种大脑和电脑之间的接口。

There are a number of companies working on kind of brain, you know, computer interfaces.

而且这对脑损伤患者,还有失明的人来说,会非常了不起。

And it's, it's going to be amazing for people with brain injuries and people who've lost vision.

而且最终,我觉得会的,我觉得你说得对。

And eventually, I think it will be, I think you're right.

我觉得你可能会戴一顶帽子,然后那顶帽子就是你连接互联网的方式。

I think you'll maybe wear a hat and the hat will be your connection to the internet.

对。

Yeah.
M2
M212:28

更像是,什么会出现最指数级的增长?

More like what is going to see the most exponential growth?

你知道,之前很多人在抱怨,说这些公司长期都不上市,但现在我们开始看到它们上市了。

You know, people were complaining that a lot of these companies are staying private for a long time, but now we're seeing them go public.

所以如果现在有新的投资者在听,你会给新投资者什么最好的建议?

So if a new investor is listening, what's the best advice you would give to new investors?
M1
M112:45

我觉得,当你想要特别快地赚钱的时候,你就容易出问题,你知道,像期权、杠杆,还有那种非常投机型的生意。

I think you get into trouble when you try to make money really quickly, you know, so options and leverage and very speculative type businesses.

你知道,当你一开始手上的本金比较少的时候,我记得我当年只有几千美元的投资本金时,你就会很想尽快赚到钱。

You know, when you start with a relatively small amount of capital, I remember when I had a few thousand dollars of investment capital, you know, you want to kind of make money quickly.

我觉得有一件很重要的事要明白,就是复利的力量。

I think one of the important things to understand is the power of compounding.

你知道,Berkshire Hathaway 的股票在上世纪六十年代的时候,大概每股才四十八美元。

You know, Berkshire Hathaway stock was like $48 a share, you know, in the 1960s.

你知道,如果当时跟着 Warren 投资,你哪怕只买一股,后来都能变成百万富翁。

You know, you've made— you've become a millionaire investing with Warren just buying a share.

那是在当年。

Back then.

但这不是一夜之间发生的。

But it didn't happen overnight.

所以关键是,要买那些你相信能在很长一段时间里以很高速度持续复利增长的企业。

So the key is buying businesses that you believe will compound at a high rate over a long period of time.

而且消费者往往比 Wall Street 更早看出一些门道。

And the consumer often has insights before Wall Street.

我的意思是,Tesla 这家公司之所以被真正看懂——它的大股东很多都是散户投资者,因为机构当时并不明白 Tesla 作为一家企业、作为一辆车,到底有多优秀。

I mean, Tesla, the company was appreciated— the big shareholders were retail investors because institutions didn't understand how great Tesla was as a company, as a car.

所以,去留意你生活中的那些体验和产品,看看它们背后的公司是不是你欣赏的公司。

So look for those experiences, products in your life run by companies or built by companies that you admire.

这就是一个很好的起点。

And that's a good place to start.

然后去读它的 annual report,看看他们怎么描述自己的业务,再自己认真想一想。

And then read the annual report, see what they say about their business, and then think about it.

这是不是一家你相信能够扛住竞争的企业,还是说——我之前提到我对一些 AI 公司有些担心,你之前也问过我,比如现在某个时间点上,Anthropic 可能领先。

Is this a business that you believe can withstand competition or is it— my concern, you asked me before about some of the AI companies or Anthropic has the lead now, you know, at a certain point in time.

OpenAI 曾经是领先的公司,后来 Google 又成了领先的 frontier model 公司。

OpenAI was the leading company, and then Google was the leading frontier model company.

而且,你知道,现在私营领域里也有很多非常有才华的人在做这个。

And, you know, there are a lot of very talented people running private.

你知道吗,我刚看到一家 startup,他们第一轮,也就是 seed round,就融了好几亿美元,估值就到了二十亿美元。

You know, I just saw a startup where they raised a couple hundred million dollars in their first, in their seed round at a $2 billion valuation.

而那还只不过是个想法。

And that was just an idea.

然后他们第二轮估计就要到五十亿美元了。

And their second round is going to be $5 billion.

而且他们离真正有产品、有服务、或者有一美元营收都还差得远。

And they're far from having a product or a service or a dollar of revenue.

但是,你知道,外面有海量资本都在找下一个 Anthropic。

But, you know, there's an enormous amount of capital out there looking for the next Anthropic.

所以这肯定会是一个竞争非常激烈的领域。

And so that's going to be a very competitive space.

所以我宁可持有——还是回到 Uber 这个例子。

So I'd rather own— go back to the Uber example.

几乎每个人都体验过 Uber 的服务。

Almost everyone's had experience with the service of Uber.

我觉得这是个非常棒的服务。

And I think it's an amazing service.

而这只股票现在非常便宜,因为大家认为,怎么说呢,Tesla taxi 会颠覆 Uber。

And the stock is very cheap today because people believe that the Tesla taxi, if you will, is going to disrupt Uber.

但我觉得,消费者还是会去 Uber 这个平台叫车。

And I think the consumer is going to go to the Uber platform to order their car.

而不是去用 Tesla 的 app,因为你想要的是,价格最低、又能在最短时间把你从 A 点送到 B 点的车。

As opposed to, you know, the Tesla app, because you want, you know, the lowest-cost car that's going to get you from place A to B in the shortest period of time.

所以,你知道,去找那种你自己会用的企业——你平时把时间花在哪儿?

So, you know, look for a business that you, that where are you spending your time?

还有,Amazon,我每次知道一本新书,都会去 Amazon 下单。

And, you know, Amazon, I order from Amazon every time I learn about a new book.

你知道,在纽约市去药店,大概算得上是最糟糕的体验之一了,对吧?

You know, going to the pharmacy in New York City has got to be about the worst experience, right?

所有东西都锁在塑料后面,你得叫店员过来,给你打开柜子,才能拿到一个剃须刀片。

All the stuff's hidden behind plastic, and you have to call a salesperson to open a thing to get a razor blade.

好吧。

Okay.

与此同时,你上 Amazon,两小时就送到了,谁能跟它竞争?

Meanwhile, you go on Amazon and get it delivered in 2 hours, and who can compete with that?

对吧?

Right?

所以要去想那种很优秀、很有主导地位,而且竞争出现的概率极低的企业。

So think about great dominant businesses where the probability of competition is extremely low.
M2
M215:49

但你刚才提到 startup 那种过热,还有这些离谱的估值,这会让你担心吗?

But the frothiness that you mentioned with the startups and these crazy valuations, does that concern you?

你觉得我们是不是正走向一场 AI 危机,还是说我们现在就在泡沫里?

Do you think we're headed toward an AI crisis or are we in a bubble?
M1
M115:59

顺便说一句,这家我看过的公司,它的投资人可能是 AI 公司投资里最老练、经验最丰富的一批人。

By the way, this particular company, which I looked at, the investors are probably the most sophisticated investors in AI companies with the most experience.

而且正是他们把估值定在这种,你知道,超级高的水平上。

And they're the ones setting the valuations at such, you know, super high kind of levels.

你知道,这么说吧,我觉得在 private markets 里,确实更有可能出现那种打引号的估值远远高于它本来应该在的位置,但与此同时,你也确实看到一些公司能够从零迅速起飞。

You know, look, I think in private markets, there's more risk of quote-unquote valuations being massively above perhaps where they should be, but you're also seeing businesses that are able to go from zero.

你看 Anthropic 就是这样。

I mean, look at Anthropic.

它在非常短的时间里,就从零做到几十亿美元的营收。

It went from zero to, you know, many tens of billions in revenue in a very short period of time.

这是以前从来没出现过的现象。

And this is a never-before-seen phenomenon.

所以如果公司真的能扩张得这么快,那你就可以给 private market 更高的估值找到理由。

So if, you know, companies can scale that quickly, then you can justify much higher private market values.
M2
M216:41

你在二零零八年那时候做的一些资金操作,让很多人怀疑你是不是能看到未来,Bill。

Some of the money moves you made during 2008 made people wonder if you could possibly see the future, Bill.

所以,呃,如果这在某种程度上是真的,那你现在预测有哪些机会?

So, uh, if that is at all true, what are some of the opportunities you're predicting now?
M1
M116:54

看见未来,很多时候其实就是研究当下,再去历史里找例子。

Seeing the future is very often just studying the present and looking for examples in history.

二零零八年那次,其实在二零零八年之前,早好几年之前,我们就看到有不少公司在做一些我们觉得很疯狂的事,就是有一种业务叫 bond insurers。

And in 2008, really before 2008, it was several years before 2008, we saw a number of companies doing stuff we thought was crazy, which is there were these businesses called bond insurers.

它们拿着 AAA 评级,也就是说从信用资质上看,几乎跟政府一样好。

And they had AAA ratings, which means as good as the government in terms of creditworthiness.

然后它们去给风险非常高的按揭贷款做担保,收钱,还报出很高的利润。

And they were guaranteeing very risky mortgages and collecting money and reporting big profits.

我们当时就说,这东西不可持续。

We said, this is not sustainable.

这与其说是在预测未来,不如说是在识别当下某个明显不对劲的东西。

And that was not so much predicting the future, but identifying something now that just seemed wrong.

而且我们知道,最终那东西会——你可以这么说——会爆掉。

And we knew eventually that would, if you will, that would blow up.

至于预测未来,市场肯定还会波动。

In terms of predicting the future, markets are going to be volatile.

接下来还会出现某种关于市场的恐慌。

There'll be some upcoming panic about markets.

我不知道具体会是什么催化剂。

I don't know exactly what the catalyst is going to be.

现在有大量投机。

There is a ton of speculation.

无论是专业投资者还是散户,都用了非常高的杠杆。

There's a huge amount of leverage being used by professional investors, by retail investors.

我给你听众最重要的一条建议就是:不要拿股票去借钱,因为那就是你被清盘、被打光的方式。

My biggest piece of advice to your audience is don't borrow money against stocks because that's how you get wiped out.

还有,押注体育博彩也不是什么好事,除非你真的有很强的优势。

And betting on sports is not great, unless you've got some real edge.

我觉得很多年轻一代正在把很多钱浪费在体育博彩上。

I think a lot of the younger generation is wasting a lot of money betting on sports.

也许这很好玩,但别拿你维持生活需要的钱去赌。

Maybe it's fun, but don't bet money that you need to live on.
M2
M218:05

所以听起来,你也不建议 prediction markets。

So no prediction markets, it sounds like.
M1
M118:09

除非你有巨大的优势。

Unless you have a huge edge.

我想,如果你对某个特定领域懂得非常多,而这给了你优势,同时市场又没有把这个优势正确定价。

I guess if you know a ton about a certain space and that gives you an edge and the market's mispricing that edge.

那可以。

Fine.
M2
M218:16

但你为什么不建议用自己的投资组合去借钱,这样就不用卖掉手里的股票了呢?

But why wouldn't you suggest borrowing against your portfolio so you wouldn't have to sell your equities?
M1
M118:23

问题在于,短期内股票什么价格都可能成交。

The problem is that stocks can trade at any price in the short term.

而当你拿股票投资组合去融资时,你可能会收到 margin call。

And when you borrow against your equity portfolio, you can get a margin call.

这意思就是,比如说,如果你靠券商账户里的钱生活,然后你有——比如说——一美元的投资组合配了五十美分的杠杆,结果股市跌了百分之二十,或者你的投资组合跌了百分之二十、百分之三十,那你就得追加更多抵押品。

And what that means is, you know, if you're living off your brokerage account and you've got, you know, 50 cents leverage against a dollar portfolio, the stock market goes down 20%, or your portfolio goes down 20%, 30%, you have to post more collateral.

不然他们可以直接把你的仓位卖掉。

They can sell you out.

而要成为一个成功的长期投资者,关键就是在那种大家都在恐慌的艰难市场阶段里,能够活下来。

And the key to being a successful long-term investor is being able to survive those kind of challenging market periods when everyone else is panicking.

事实上,你真正想要的是在别人恐慌的时候,自己手里还有钱可以投。

In fact, you want to have money to invest when others are panicking.

过去二十多年里,我们很大一块利润,都是在市场崩盘的时候赚到的。

We've made a big chunk of our profits over the last 20-odd years have come from times where the market was blowing up.

因为我们提前对冲了那种风险,而且手里有资本可以出手,不管是在零八、零九年,还是在 COVID 期间——因为这也是人们现在在网上特别爱聊的一件很性感的事。

And we had hedged that risk and we had capital to deploy both in '08, '09, and during COVID because this is a very sexy thing people talk about online.
M2
M219:18

人们都说,富人会拿自己的资产去抵押借钱,而不是把资产卖掉。

They say rich people borrow against their assets instead of selling them.
M1
M119:21

但他们有时候一这么干,就会一下子没那么有钱了。

Rich people become a lot less rich when they do that sometimes.

Carl Icahn 就是个很有名的例子,他曾经拿自己的股票做了非常高杠杆的融资。

Carl Icahn very famously was very highly levered against his own stock.

后来那只股票被砸得很惨,他的净资产就从两百亿美元,掉到了,大概三四十亿。

And then the stock got crushed and he went from a $20 billion net worth to, you know, 3 or 4.

所以富人用保证金杠杆,也可能亏掉很多钱。

So rich people can lose a lot of money using, using margin leverage.

我的意思是,我猜如果你一定要用保证金杠杆,比如一块钱只借五分钱,那可能还行。

I mean, I guess if you're going to use margin leverage, if you use 5 cents against your dollar, maybe you're okay.

但如果你借到三四毛钱,那你就开始把自己放到一个很危险的位置上了。

But if you use 30, 40 cents, you start putting yourself in a risky position.
M2
M219:48

所以听起来,你是像 Warren 一样看好长期,而且偏爱那种很无聊的东西。

So it sounds like you're long-term bullish, like Warren, and just boring stuff.
M1
M119:54

也许对你来说那很无聊,但我不觉得——也许波动性对很多人来说更刺激。

Maybe it's boring to you, but I don't think— maybe volatility is exciting to people.

我喜欢那种我知道十年、二十年、三十年后还会存在的企业。

I like businesses where I know they're going to be here 10 years, 20 years, 30 years from now.

长期下来,财富就是这么积累出来的。

That's how you make a fortune over the long term.
M2
M220:08

我完全看好“无聊”这件事。

I'm bullish on boring all the way.

所以,除了别拿你的投资组合去借钱之外,你听过新投资者最糟糕的建议是什么?

So aside from not borrowing against your portfolio, what's the worst advice you've heard from new investors?
M1
M120:19

我不喜欢这种一天期 options 的趋势。

I don't like this trend of one-day options.

这根本就是赌博。

It's just gambling.

我的意思是,没有人知道一只股票在一天之内到底会上还是下。

I mean, no one knows whether a stock's going to go up or down over the course of a day.

除非你——除非你是在利用内幕消息交易。

Unless you're, unless you're trading on inside information.

所以这看起来就是一种很疯狂的游戏。

So it just seems like a crazy game.
M2
M220:30

那你觉得下一场危机会是什么?

So what do you think is the next crisis?

会不会有下一个二零零八?

Is there a next 2008?
M1
M120:35

我的意思是,我觉得永远都会有值得担心的事,对吧?

I mean, I think there are, there are always things to worry about, right?

比如说,有一件值得担心的事就是,你知道,作为政府、作为一个国家,我们一直都在花得比收入更多,对吧?

So one thing to worry about is, you know, we've been spending more money than we've been taking in as a, as a government, as a country, right?

所以我们有财政赤字,而我们一直是通过发行 Treasury bonds 来给这个赤字融资。

So we've got a deficit and we've been financing that deficit by issuing Treasury bonds.

所以现在我们的国债规模大概有三十四万亿美元左右,差不多就是这个量级。

And so we've got whatever, $34 trillion or something like this of national debt.

而且我们得在这样一个时候去发行这些债务:很多以前会拿钱回购股票的公司,现在也开始大量发债,而且因为这波大规模的 AI 基础设施热潮,它们还需要更多资本。

And we have to issue that debt at a time when lots of other companies that used to be buying back stock are now issuing a lot of debt and need more capital because of this massive AI infrastructure kind of boom.

所以现在对信贷的需求非常大,而与此同时,政府自己也在,你知道,发行越来越多

So there's a huge demand for credit at a time when the government itself is also, you know, issuing more and more

自己的债券。

of its own bonds.

这里面的风险就是,你知道,所有这些供给都得被投资者消化掉,而这可能会把利率推高。

And the risk there is that, you know, all that supply needs to be absorbed by investors and that can cause rates to go up.

所以市场面临的一个风险,就是利率上升。

So one risk to markets is rates going up.

另一个风险是,市场里有很多我刚才说的那种高杠杆参与者,这意味着如果突然冒出某种意料之外的事件,让大家受到冲击、开始恐慌抛售,你就可能会看到一种连锁反应,因为其他卖家由于借了钱,也被迫得卖。

Another risk is you have a lot of the very, as I talked about, levered players in the market, which means that if there's some kind of event that comes from left field that shocks people and they panic and they sell, you could see a cascading as people, other sellers have to sell because they borrowed money.

所以我觉得,市场最大的风险在于,市场里有很多杠杆加得很高的参与者,而我们现在面临某种外部冲击的风险。

So I think the biggest risk to markets is that there are a lot of very levered players in the market, and we're at risk of some kind of extrinsic shock.

那就可能导致股市大幅下跌。

And that could cause stocks to go down a lot.

现在,如果你的投资组合没有加杠杆,而且持有的是非常优质的企业,同时你明天也不急着用钱,那就没问题。

Now, if you have an unlevered portfolio with very high-quality businesses, and you don't need the money tomorrow, that's fine.

对你来说,反而是个继续加仓的好机会。

A good opportunity for you to buy more.

但如果你有保证金债务,那你要么会被打爆,要么就得在最低点卖出,而这正是你最不想做的。

If you've got margin debt, you're gonna get wiped out, or you're gonna have to sell at the bottom, which is what you don't want to do.

所以关键在于,回到我的偶像,你知道的,Mr. Buffett,他的关键其实就是长期活下去,对吧?

So the key, going back to my hero, you know, Mr. Buffett, his key was just longevity, right?

他九十五岁了,而且他把 Berkshire Hathaway 设计成一种永远不会收到 margin call,或者类似情况的结构,这样它就能持续复利增长。

He's 95, and he set up Berkshire Hathaway in a way that he would never get a margin call or the equivalent, so it could compound.

不是每一年都这样,像你刚才提到的,我们有过几个非常惊人的年份。

Not every year, like you mentioned, we've had a couple of really amazing years.

大概有三分之一的年份,我们全年涨幅都超过百分之三十、四十,但我们也有过一些下跌的年份。

Probably a third of the time we've been up, you know, north of 30, 40% for the year, but we've had a handful of, you know, down years.

今年我们是小幅下跌,不过没关系。

This year we're down slightly, but that's okay.

你不需要每一年都赚钱。

You don't need to make money every year.

你只需要坚持下去,持有那些能够高速复利增长的企业。

You just need to persist and own businesses that can compound at high rates.

等你五年、十年后再回头看,你就会有很多钱了。

And you wake up 5 years, 10 years from now, and you'll have a lot of money.

另外一个长期积累财富的关键,就是少花一点。

The other key for, for building wealth over time is spending less.

这很难做到,你知道的,放弃短期的体验或享受,去为长期做规划,这需要一些克制。

And it's hard to do that, you know, foregoing the short-term experience or pleasure, planning for the long term, that requires some restraint.
M2
M223:14

嗯,所以这就是为什么我觉得,很多人都在谈一个正在逼近的退休危机。

Well, that's why I think a lot of people are talking about a looming retirement crisis.

而且我知道,你一直主张让那些没有雇主提供计划、比如没有 401(k) 的人,也能获得退休储蓄的渠道。

And I know that you advocate for people without employer-sponsored plans like 401(k)s to be able to get access to retirement savings options.

我的意思是,通常这场讨论的焦点都在于,我们已经从 defined benefit——

I mean, usually the debate is centered around the fact that we moved from defined benefit.

也就是养老金,这种东西基本像渡渡鸟或者 BlackBerry 一样退出历史舞台了——转向了 defined contribution 计划,比如 401(k) 或者 IRA。

So pensions that have gone by the way of the dodo bird or the BlackBerry, I suppose, to defined contribution plans like a 401(k) or an IRA.

所以你能不能用一种像在跟五岁小孩解释的方式来说说?

So can you explain this like I'm 5 years old?

到底什么样的计划,才能真正解决这个问题?

What kind of plan actually fixes this problem?

对。

Yeah.
M1
M123:46

所以我觉得,这个国家面临的问题——而总统也正在采取措施解决——是这样的:大概百分之六十的劳动者,他们的雇主会提供某种有税收优惠的储蓄方式,通常就是 401(k) 计划。

So I think, you know, the issue for the country, which the president is taking steps to fix, is, you know, call it 60% of the workforce, their employer provides some kind of tax-advantaged way to save money, typically a 401(k) plan.

而最理想的一种,是你得主动选择退出。

And the ideal one is where you have to opt out.

也就是说,你会被默认放进去,或者说,不是强迫你,而是被“轻推”进去,从你的收入里拿出百分之五之类的比例,投进一个免税计划里,随着时间增长,并且投资到股市。

So you're, you're kind of forced in, or not forced in, nudged in to take 5% of your income, whatever the number, and invest it in a tax-exempt plan that can grow over time and invest in the stock market.

年轻投资者最大的优势就是时间,因为复利的力量——你的钱会在很长时间里不断翻倍增长,但前提是你得早点开始。

The biggest opportunity a young investor has is time, because the power of compounding—your money multiplies over long periods of time, but you have to start early.

而且你知道,年轻的时候开始投资很难,因为那正是你想买各种东西的时候——衣服、房子、交房租。

And, you know, it's hard to start investing when you're young because this is the time when you, you know, you want to be buying things—clothes, a house, paying rent.

但是,你知道,留出一笔钱来投资,并让它在 Roth IRA 或这类账户里免税增长,这其实是为退休储蓄最有威力的方式。

But, you know, setting aside the discipline to invest money and have it grow tax-free in a Roth IRA or one of these accounts is, is the most powerful way to save for your retirement.

现在问题是,刚才我说了,全国大概百分之六十的劳动者有这类计划。

Now, the problem is, I said 60% of the country's workforce has these kind of programs.

另外百分之四十,比如说你是 Uber 司机,或者餐厅女服务员之类的,你所在的公司就不会给你提供 401(k) 计划。

40%, you know, you're an Uber driver, maybe a restaurant waitress, et cetera, and your company doesn't give you a 401(k) plan.

你没有一个很容易的办法,开始为自己的未来存钱。

You don't have an easy way to start saving for your future.

而且总统刚刚签了一项法律,设立了这种 Trump savings accounts,跟政府雇员现在用的那种很像。你可以先放一千美元进去,然后你知道,每年继续往里存钱,把钱投到市场里,随着时间它会慢慢增长。

And the president just made law where these kind of Trump savings accounts, very similar to what government employees have, where you can start with $1,000 in savings and then, you know, each year you contribute and invest the money in the market and it will grow over time.

你知道,从长期来看,工资增长的速度,远远没有股票涨得那么快。

You know, wages have not grown at the same— wages grow at a much slower rate than stocks over a long period of time.

所以你会希望——让每个 American 都拥有一点股市的份额,这件事非常重要。

And so you want to— it's very important that every American owns kind of a piece of the stock market.

如果你希望自己退休的时候,处在一个比较好的位置。

If you want to be in a good position by the time you retire.
M2
M225:43

好。

Okay.

那说到这儿,我们来玩个游戏,叫 bullish or bearish,怎么样?

So with that said, can we play a game called bullish or bearish?
M1
M125:48

好。

Okay.
M2
M225:49

Gold。

Gold.
M1
M125:50

没看法。

No opinion.
M2
M225:50

你不持有 Gold。

You don't own gold.
M1
M125:51

对,我不持有。

I don't.

不过,我给我太太买过珠宝,所以严格来说,我们家里还是有一点 Gold。

Well, I bought jewelry for my wife, so I guess the family owns some gold.

但我个人其实完全不持有任何 Gold。

I don't personally actually own any gold.

我有一个 platinum 的订婚戒指,但除此之外,我名下没有任何贵金属。

I have a platinum engagement ring, but other than that, I have no metals to my name.

我想可以这么说。

I guess you could say this.

我爸很多很多年前买过 Gold,大概是在一九七零年代,而且一直拿着。

My dad bought gold many, many years ago, probably in the 1970s, and held it.

你知道,他说过,我总想把自己一部分资产放在 Gold 里。

You know, he said, I always want some percentage of my assets in gold.

那并不是一笔特别好的投资,不过后来它涨到四千多一点的时候,也许就是上一轮那段时间,我说服我妈把我爸当年留着的那些 Gold 卖掉了。

It was not a very good investment, but when it reached a little over $4,000, maybe in the last period, I convinced mom to sell that gold that dad had put aside.

钱不算特别多,但我想你可以这么说,我不是那么——我还是更愿意持有那些价值可以不断复利增长的企业,而不是 Gold。

It wasn't a huge amount of money, but I guess you could say I was not that— I'd rather own businesses that can compound in value than gold.

不过好吧,我喜欢珠宝。

But okay, I like jewelry.
M2
M226:35

所以你是 bullish on 给你太太买珠宝?

So you're bullish on buying your wife jewelry?

珠宝对所有丈夫来说,都是非常非常好的建议。

Jewelry is very, very good advice to all husbands out there.

但不是像 GLD 那样,你不会去持有一个跟踪 Gold 价格的 ETF,对吧?

But not like GLD, you're not owning an ETF that tracks the price of gold?
M1
M126:48

我其实没什么明确看法。

I don't really have a view.

我不知道 Gold 会涨还是会跌。

I don't know whether gold is going up or down.

只是我不觉得它是什么很好的投资资产,虽然它实际上表现得确实还不错。

I just, I don't think of it as a great investment asset, even though it's done actually quite well.

这不是我的那一套。

It's just not my thing.

问题在于,它这种资产只值别人告诉你他们愿意付多少钱。

The problem is it's, it's an asset that's only worth what people tell you they're prepared to pay for it.

而且在这期间,它也不会给你任何收益。

And it doesn't pay you any yield in the meantime.

而我投资的其他所有资产,都是那种会产生某种收益的。

Whereas every other asset that I invest in is one that generates some form of yield.

它要么会产生盈利,要么会分红,或者像楼宇那样会带来租金。

It generates earnings or it pays a dividend or it's rent from a building.

但 gold 就是,我把它看成一种投机性资产。

Whereas gold is just, I view it as a speculative asset.

所以我不觉得它那么——我不会把它当成投资。

So I don't find it as, I don't think of it as an investment.

我觉得它是投机。

I think it's a speculation.
M2
M227:20

好。

Okay.
M1
M127:21

这个回答有点啰嗦了。

Long-winded answer.
M2
M227:22

所以你不会关注——我喜欢这个回答。

So you don't pay attention to, I like it.

所以你不会去关注 silver、copper 之类的东西吗?

So you don't pay attention to silver or copper or anything?
M1
M127:25

我大概会留意一点,不过你知道,copper,甚至 gold,都是各种工业流程里的投入品,会影响很多东西的成本。

I sort of am aware of it, but you know, copper, you know, even gold are inputs to various industrial processes that affect the cost of things.

所以我会留意,但这不是我会拿来下注的东西。

So I, you know, I'm aware, but it's not something that I'm betting on.

当然,如果我们投资的是一家把金属成本当成重要投入项的公司,那我就会花更多时间去担心这个问题。

Now, if we were investing in a company where the cost of metal was an important input, I would be spending more time worrying about it.
M2
M227:45

好。

Okay.

那有些人说的 digital gold,Bitcoin 呢?

What about what some people call digital gold, Bitcoin?
M1
M127:49

你知道,我一点 Bitcoin 都没有。

You know, I don't own any Bitcoin.
M2
M227:51

一点都没有。

None.
M1
M127:51

没错,一点都没有。

Again, none.

我会说,它跟 gold 非常类似。

It's very analogous, I would say, to gold.

你知道,我觉得那位 Satoshi 先生,我觉得,是个天才。

You know, I think Mr. Satoshi, I think, is a genius.

我也愿意相信,如果当初我读了那篇原始论文,觉得他是个天才,而那时候 Bitcoin 只值两毛钱,我可能会买一点。

You know, I'd like to believe that if I read the original paper and thought he was a genius and Bitcoin was 20 cents, I would have bought some.

但我不能说我当时真这么做了。

But I can't claim to have done that.

这么说吧,出于对 Bitcoin 这个构造的欣赏,我觉得它很酷。

I would have—let's put it this way, out of admiration for the construct of Bitcoin, I think it's cool.

但我不知道它到底值五万美元、七万美元、五千美元,还是一万亿美元。

But I don't know whether it's worth $50,000, $70,000, $5,000, or a trillion.

我完全不知道。

I have no idea.

投资的美妙之处就在于,你不需要对每一种投资类别都有看法,甚至不需要都有了解。

The beauty of investing is you don't need to have an opinion or even knowledge about every investment class.

你只需要知道自己懂什么,也知道自己不懂什么。

You just have to know what you know and know what you don't know.

我不懂 Bitcoin。

I don't know Bitcoin.

我也不懂 gold。

I don't know gold.

所以这两样我都不碰。

So I don't touch either.
M2
M228:35

所以 crypto 你是一点都不碰,是吗?

So no crypto whatsoever?
M1
M128:37

我投过一些 venture capital fund,这些基金投的公司里,blockchain 和 crypto 是它们商业模式的一部分。

I've invested in some venture capital funds that invest in companies where blockchain and crypto are part of their business model.

所以从技术角度来说我很感兴趣,但去投机各种各样的 coin,不是我那一套。

So I'm intrigued technologically, but the speculating on various kinds of coins is not my thing.
M2
M228:54

那 Chipotle 呢?

How about Chipotle?
M1
M128:55

这个你知道,是我们比较成功的一笔投资之一。

You know, one of our more successful investments.

我们买入 Chipotle 的时候,他们正经历一场重大的 food safety 危机,而且我们还帮他们把 Brian Niccol 招进了公司。

We bought Chipotle at a time when they had a major food safety crisis, and we helped recruit Brian Niccol to the company.

他干得非常棒。

He did an amazing job.

你知道,后来 Brian 去了 Starbucks,怎么说呢,在他之后接手的下一代管理人才,带这家公司就更有挑战一些。不过我觉得他们长期来看位置还是不错的,但按现在这个股价,我也谈不上特别 bullish 或者 bearish。

You know, Brian went to Starbucks and, you know, running the next generation of talent has had a more challenging time with the company, but I think they're, you know, I think they're long-term well-positioned, but I don't have a, I'm not particularly bullish or bearish at the current share price.
M2
M229:22

好。

Okay.

那说到 Brian,Starbucks 怎么看?

So speaking of Brian, how about Starbucks?
M1
M129:25

我觉得这家公司现在是由一位非常有才华的 CEO 在管理,不过,你知道,我感觉 Starbucks 在很长一段时间里,把他们产品的价格提得相当快、相当高。

I think you've got an incredibly talented CEO running the company, but, you know, I feel like, you know, Starbucks pushed the price of their product at a pretty high rate over a very long period of time.

然后我也不知道,你知道,消费者那边会怎么样。

And I don't know, you know, the consumer.

我觉得价格再往上提,空间已经不大了。

I don't think there's much room to increase price.

我觉得他们的体验是随着时间推移有点变差了。

I think the experience kind of deteriorated over time.

我觉得 Brian 正在努力把它拉回来。

I think Brian's trying to bring it back.
M2
M229:48

好。

Okay.

那 T-bills 呢?

How about T-bills?
M1
M129:50

你知道,Treasury bills 就是那种当你需要保证资金安全时,会拿来放钱的地方。

You know, Treasury bills are where you put your money when you need to keep your money safe.

但话说回来,比起 T-bills,我还是更愿意长期持有真正高质量的公司。

But I would again rather own really high-quality companies for the long term than T-bills.
M2
M229:57

好。

Okay.

我觉得这个问题我要难住你了。

I think I'm going to get you on this one.

Trump 呢?

How about Trump?
M1
M130:01

我喜欢这位总统,而且我觉得他很多事情都做对了。

I like the president, and I think he's done a lot of things right.

你知道,这是一份特别容易被批评的工作。

You know, it's a job where it's very easy to criticize.

毕竟是一个在管理这个国家的人。

Person kind of running the country.

但是,你知道,我当时算是比较早就决定支持他了,而且我很高兴我当时这么做了。

But, you know, I, I was a, you know, I decided to support him relatively early on, and I'm happy I did.

而且我觉得他比另一种选择要好得多,我也觉得他确实做了很多非常好的事情。

And I think he's vastly better than what the alternative is, and I think he's done a lot of really good things.

所以,我对他任期最后这几年是乐观的。

So I'm, I'm optimistic about the last couple of years of his term.

而且我觉得,你知道,我喜欢那种不用担心连任的总统,因为我觉得那样他们就可以不去顾虑政治,直接做出正确的决定。

And I think, you know, I like a president that doesn't have to worry about getting reelected because I think they can make the right decision without regard to politics.

所以我对他最后这两年半是 bullish 的。

So I think I'm bullish on his last two and a half years.
M2
M230:36

所以听起来,你是看多,对吧。

So bullish, it sounds like.

差不多吧。

Ish.
M1
M130:39

对。

Yeah.
M2
M230:39

好吧,Mamdani。

All right, Mamdani.
M1
M130:41

看空。

Bearish.

我不是。

I'm not.

我不喜欢他。

I'm not a fan.

你看,他非常聪明,很有个人魅力,也非常擅长搞政治。

Look, he's very smart, very charismatic, very good, very good at politics.

但我觉得他正在做的这些决定,对 New York 非常不好。

But I think the decisions he's making are very bad for New York.

我觉得他是在把人吓走,让人望而却步。

I think he's scaring away, discouraging.

你知道,我相信你肯定看过那个完整视频,就是关于 Ken Griffin 那套公寓的,还有——

You know, you saw the whole video, I'm sure, with Ken Griffin's apartment and.

你知道,Ken Griffin 对 New York City 的经济价值有巨大的带动作用,而且他本来正准备对 New York City 做一笔非常大的投资——同时你也知道,他在 Miami 本来就有很大的布局,现在他又在扩大 Miami 的存在、缩小在 New York 的存在。

You know, Ken Griffin is a massive driver of New York City economic value, about to make a massive investment in New York City with— and he has this, you know, major presence in Miami, and now he's increasing the presence in Miami and diminishing the presence in New York.

那是个灾难。

That's a disaster.

我是说,Mamdani 想花钱去做的各种事情,都需要像 Ken Griffin 这样的人带来的税收收入。

I mean, all the various things that Mamdani wants to pay for require revenues from the likes of people like Ken Griffin.

所以如果你把 Ken Griffin 吓跑了,我们就等于是在让全世界像 Ken Griffin 这样的人都不愿意待在 New York City。

So if you scare away Ken Griffin, we discourage the Ken Griffins of the world from, from being in New York City.

这对 New York 来说就是一场灾难。

It's a, it's a disaster for New York.

还有,你知道,市长说今年的预算实现了平衡——这是这座城市有史以来最高的预算,一千二百五十亿美元的城市预算。

And, you know, the, the mayor talked about balancing this year's budget, the highest budget ever, $125 billion budget for the city.

但其实根本就没有平衡。

And, and it wasn't balanced at all.

你知道,他设法从州政府那边拿到了八十亿美元。

You know, we, he, he managed to get $8 billion from the state.

他还把养老金支付往后推了。

He deferred pension payments.

而且我就是觉得,这里面有大量的浪费和欺诈。

And I just think there's enormous waste and fraud.

你知道,我不觉得这个国家或者 New York City 的问题是收入不够。

You know, I don't think the country or New York City has a revenue problem.

你知道,New York City 在每个居民身上的支出,可能比世界上任何其他城市都高,但得到的结果却更少。

You know, New York City is spending way more per resident than probably any other city in the world and getting less for it.

我们的问题是效率低下,是浪费严重。

We have an efficiency and a waste problem.

不过现在,从积极的一面来看,Adams 启动了一项类似 DOGE 的节省开支行动。

And now, to— on the positive side, Adams started something, a DOGE-like savings effort.

所以希望这件事能真正推进下去。

So hopefully that goes somewhere.

但是我觉得,你知道,他最近——我不认为他做了很多有助于把这座城市团结起来的事情。

But I, you know, he recently— I don't think he's done a lot to help bring the city together.

你知道,最近有个——他最近发了一张地图,我不知道你有没有看到,那张关于所有这些、你知道、各种——

You know, there's a— he recently came out with a map of— I don't know if you saw the map of all the, you know, various—.
M2
M232:20

对。

Yeah.
M1
M132:21

New York 的移民群体分布图,他把 Little Italy 给漏掉了,反而放进去一堆——你知道——我会说,那些群体在这里的历史远没有意大利裔那么久。

Immigrant populations in New York, and he left off Little Italy, and he put in a bunch of, you know, groups that I would say haven't been here nearly as long as the Italian population.

这真的不是在 New York City 建立社区凝聚力的好方式。

It's just not a great way to, to build community in New York City.

所以我一直——他在竞选公职的时候,就是我担心的那种人。

So I've been— he's what I was concerned about when he was running for office.
M2
M232:41

他会不会把你吓得离开 New York?

Could he scare you out of New York?
M1
M132:44

我觉得有这种可能。

I guess potentially.

你知道,我留在这儿有各种各样的原因。

You know, I've got various reasons to be here.

我有个女儿经历过一次重大的医疗事件,我现在在帮助她康复,而且她的朋友也都在这儿。

I have a daughter who's had a major medical event and I'm working on her recovery and her friends are all here.

所以我不会把她从 New York 带走。

So I wouldn't pull her out of New York.

这比什么都更像是我的原则。

That's my principle more than anything else.

不过,想在别的地方待一段时间也没那么难——New York 的冬天确实不怎么样。

But it's not so hard to spend time— the winters in New York are not the best.

所以 Miami 听起来就越来越有吸引力了。

So Miami starts to sound pretty appealing.

而且,越多的人离开像 New York City 这样成熟发达的城市,去 Miami,在那座城市投资,帮助建设文化基础设施等等,Miami 这样的地方就会变得越有意思。

And the more people that leave sophisticated towns like New York City, go to Miami, invest in the city, help build out the cultural infrastructure, et cetera, the more interesting a place like Miami becomes.

而且,你知道,DeSantis 在治理那个州这件事上干得相当惊人。

And, you know, DeSantis has done a pretty amazing job running that state.
M2
M233:25

你对这件事的各种看法,尤其是在 Twitter 上,一向都说得很直接。

You have not been shy about any of your thoughts about this on Twitter in particular.

而且你一发推,大家就会听。

And when you tweet, people listen.

你的帖子能带动市场,这种感觉怎么样?

What does it feel like to have your posts move markets?
M1
M133:36

你知道吗?

You know what?

我觉得按一下按钮,就把一条信息发给两百五十万人,这很酷。

I think it's pretty cool to push a button and send a message to 2.5 million people.

而且我觉得,在边际上,你是可以推动舆论的。

And I think on the margin, you can move opinion.

我觉得这既是一种责任,也是一种机会。

And I think that's both a responsibility and opportunity.

我这个人有个毛病,就是只能讲真话。

I suffer from only being able to speak the truth.

你可能不喜欢我说的话,但你知道,我在很多问题上都站出来讲了——那些其实大家都想谈、却又不敢谈的问题,不管是 DEI,还是大学校园里发生的事,或者一些十月七日之后的事情,或者反犹、反 Zionism,或者你知道,我们还能列出一长串不同的问题。

You may not like what I have to say, but, you know, I think I've been out there on a number of issues that everyone wanted to talk about but was afraid to, whether it was DEI or what was going on at university campuses or some of the post-October 7th stuff or antisemitism or anti-Zionism or, you know, we can make a list of various issues.

能够这样真好——我们国家一个很棒的地方就在于,你可以说出自己的想法。

It's great to be— one of the great things about our country is that you can say what you think.

当然,很多人,你知道,也想说出自己的想法,但他们害怕丢工作,也许还怕失去朋友,这就压制了言论自由。

Now, a lot of people, you know, would like to say what they think, but their fear of losing a job, perhaps losing a friend, discourages free speech.

但我觉得,如果人们愿意分享自己的观点,这个世界会更好。

But I think the world's a better place if people share their views.

如果你不同意我,我会去看评论。

And if you disagree with me, I read the comments.

我会去读那些最有力、最能反驳我观点的论据。

I read the best arguments against what I have to say.

而且,你知道,我会从中学习。

And, you know, I learn.
M2
M234:36

那些火力会影响到你吗?

Does the heat get to you?

你会因为那些评论而改变想法吗?

Do you change your mind based on those comments?
M1
M134:39

如果有人能说服我,让我意识到自己错了,当然会。

If someone convinces me I'm wrong, absolutely.

而且,你知道,在 Pershing Square,我们会刻意营造一种环境,强烈鼓励大家——尤其是在他们觉得我错了的时候——来反驳我。

And, you know, the environment at Pershing Square, we design an environment where people are strongly encouraged to, you know, push back, in particular against me if they think I'm wrong.

如果你愿意这么说的话,在 Pershing Square 想要获得晋升,最好的办法之一,就是证明我错了,并且尽早发现问题和风险。

One of the best ways to advance, if you will, at Pershing Square is to prove that I'm wrong and identify problems and risks early.
M2
M235:02

所以你一点都不害怕吗?

So you have no fear?
M1
M135:03

我其实不太会。

I don't really have.

害怕。

Fear.

不过,你知道,这个世界很疯狂。

But, you know, it's a crazy world.

所以,你知道,重要的是要注意安全。

So, you know, important to stay safe.
M2
M235:10

很明显,你对现状并不满意,尤其是,你知道,在 New York。

Obviously, you're not happy with status quo, especially, you know, in New York.

之前有一些猜测,说你会去竞选市长。

There was some speculation that you would run for mayor.

这是真的吗?

Is there truth to that?

你会参选吗?

Would you run?
M1
M135:20

这会不会是我将来某一天可能会做的事?

Is it something I could do someday?

我会说,有可能。

I would say possibly.

但我觉得——我觉得我——如果是帮助一个非常有才能的人去做这份工作,帮他当选,去做好这份工作,然后我再从别的方面提供帮助,那我能做成的事情会多得多。

But I think I'm— I think I'll— I could achieve a lot more by helping a very talented person do that job, get, get elected and, and do that job, and then being otherwise helpful.

我们马上要宣布一个和 New York City 相关的重要项目,我觉得这会对 New York 很有好处,属于医疗健康和科学这个领域。

We're about to announce a major New York City-related project I think will be very good for New York in the kind of healthcare science area.

所以我们会,你知道,尽我们所能去帮助 New York City。

So we're gonna, you know, try to do our best to help New York City.

我希望 Mamdani 能成为一个更好的市长,但从意识形态上说,我不认为社会主义是答案。

I hope Mamdani can be a better mayor, but ideologically I don't think socialism is the answer.

社会主义和 Marxist 的实验已经导致数百万人死亡,真的是数百万人。

The socialist and the Marxist experiment has killed millions of people, literally killed millions of people.
M2
M236:09

绝对是。

Absolutely.
M1
M136:09

当然,这并不是说他提到的那些关于公寓负担能力、房租之类的问题,他说得完全不对,恰恰相反,他在这些点上是对的。

Now, that's not to say that the points he makes about apartment affordability, rents, et cetera, he's entirely right.

但如果你靠给一半租客冻结租金来解决这个问题,那你就是在把另一半人的租金往上推。

But the way to solve that problem by freezing rents on half the renters, you're driving up rents on the other half.

你知道,New York 有些楼里,一部分是 rent-stabilized 的房源,那些人拿到了两年租金冻结;另一部分是自由市场房源,那些人的租金就不得不上涨,因为房东得覆盖他的那些——你知道——已经上涨的成本,毕竟他一半的租金收入在接下来两年里都被固定住了。

You know, there are buildings in New York that are comprised of rent-stabilized units, and where those people got a 2-year rent freeze, and free market units where those people, their rents had to go up in order for the landlord to cover their, you know, costs that have inflated because half his rent roll, you know, is fixed for the next 2 years.

我的意思是,这看起来就是一个完全不公平的制度。

I mean, that seems like an entirely unfair system.

而且这种做法会打击开发。

And that kind of activity discourages development.

想把房租降下来,办法就是增加供给。

And the way you bring rents down is you increase the supply.

而且,你知道,Mamdani 其实并没有做任何真正能增加新房供应的事。

And, you know, Mamdani is not doing really anything to increase the supply of new units.

他做的恰恰相反。

It's doing the opposite.

是在打击这个行业。

It's discouraging.

你知道,开发商是承担风险的人,而且他们是最后投钱进去的人。

You know, developers are risk takers and they're the, they're the last dollar in.

如果他们不相信这里对房东是一个友好的环境,他们是不会拿自己的资本去冒险的。

And they're not going to risk their capital unless they believe it's a friendly environment for landlords.

而 New York 已经变成了一个对房东非常不友好的环境。

And New York has become a very unfriendly environment for landlords.
M2
M237:16

好,那我们之后就继续关注,看看未来会不会真的冒出一个 Ackman 市长竞选。

Okay, so we'll we'll keep an eye out to see if Mayor Ackman campaign comes out in the future.

不过眼下,对于中期选举你在关注什么?

But for now, what are you watching for with the midterms?
M1
M137:26

很显然,这次选举非常重要。

Obviously, this is very important election.

你知道,这会让总统推动事情变得更难。

You know, it will be more difficult for the president to get things done.

很明显,如果众议院和参议院都倒向另一边,你知道,某种程度上会是个悲剧。

Obviously, if House and Senate tip the other direction, you know, kind of a tragedy.

Lindsey Graham 去世了。

Lindsey Graham passed away.

我觉得他的席位应该不会有转向、不会易手的风险,但他是一个非常重要的——

I don't think his seat seat is at risk of, you know, switching, but he was a very important

参议院里的标志性人物。

fixture in the Senate.

你知道,我不希望看到 DSA 继续在国会里获得更多、你知道、更大的存在感。

You know, I don't want to see the DSA continue to get more, you know, presence in Congress.

我觉得那对这个国家真的真的很不好。

I think that's really, really bad for the country.
M2
M237:53

拉远一点看。

Zoom out.

更宏观地说,你希望你的孩子、你的四个女儿,将来继承一个什么样的世界?

What generally are you hoping for the world that your children, your 4 daughters, will inherit?
M1
M138:03

我很希望有这样一个世界:每个人都能过上幸福的生活,能获得高质量的医疗,有工作机会,能靠工作过上体面的日子,拥有自己的房子,也能让自己的家庭不断向前发展,让每一代人都比上一代更有进步。

I'd love a world where everyone can live a happy life, you know, access to high-quality healthcare, opportunity for a job where they can make a reasonable living, have their own home, and advance their family so each generation can make progress versus the previous one.

你知道,我也很希望有一个没有在 Europe 或 Middle East 打仗的世界,在那样的世界里,十八岁、二十岁、二十二岁的年轻人,主要是男性,也有一些女性,不用付出自己的生命。

You know, I'd love to have a world where we're not fighting a war in Europe or in the Middle East, where, you know, 18, 20-year-old, 22-year-old mostly men and some women are giving up their lives.

这实在是——你知道,整个 Russia-Ukraine war 就是一场悲剧。

It's just, you know, the whole Russia-Ukraine war is a tragedy.

而且,已经有成千上万的乌克兰人死去了。

And, you know, many, many thousands of Ukrainians have died.

我觉得俄罗斯方面的伤亡要大得多。

And I think the Russian toll is significantly larger.

这些人,怎么说呢,我外甥以前和一个很年轻很年轻的俄罗斯男孩一起上学,到目前为止,他还没有被征入 Russian army。

And these are, you know, my nephew went to school with a young, young Russian guy that, you know, so far hasn't been conscripted into the Russian army.

但你知道,这就是——这就是死亡人数不断累积。

But, you know, it's like a— it's a death toll.

所以我很希望有一个没有战争的世界。

So I'd love a world without war.

还有一个世界,在那里 AI 会带来这种巨大的丰裕。

And where, you know, where AI becomes, you know, creates this massive abundance.

而且我觉得这非常有可能。

And I think that's very possible.

我也希望有一个没有歧视的世界,以及所有那些很显而易见、你知道、人们都想要的东西。

Love a world without discrimination, all of the obvious, you know, things that people want.

但我觉得,关于我们该怎么到达那样的世界,存在很多误导性的想法。

But I think there's a lot of misguided thinking about how we get to that world.

而且不是靠 AOC 或者 Madame 那一套意识形态,你知道,建立起这个国家的整个 capitalist democratic system,是一个了不起的制度。

And it's not with the ideology of AOC or Madame, you know, the whole capitalist democratic system that built this country is an amazing system.

它并不完美,但是你知道,人们现在在鼓吹的那些东西,像那些 Ro Khanna 这样的人——

It's imperfect, but you know, what people are advocating for, you know, the Ro Khannas of the world,

我觉得最后会变成一场灾难。

I think it's going to end up being a disaster.
M2
M239:40

说到继承这个话题,我自己也是一个刚当妈妈的人,我女儿现在十八个月大。

Well, speaking of inheritance too, I'm a brand new mom of an 18-month-old daughter.

你给孩子做实际财产继承这件事的策略是什么?或者说,你是怎么思考这个问题的?

What's your strategy or how do you think about actual inheritance for your kids?
M1
M139:50

你知道,这个问题——我觉得它超级复杂。

You know, it's, I think it's a super complicated thing.

你知道,我觉得自己挺幸运的,因为我爸是个很成功的 commercial mortgage broker,收入非常不错。

You know, I was, I feel fortunate in that, you know, my dad was a successful commercial mortgage broker, you know, made a very good living.

我小时候有那么一小段时间,我爸有点紧张,因为他多少有点 entrepreneur 的性格,有一两年没赚到钱,存款也在缩水,不过总体来说,我们过的还是那种比较有财务安全感的生活。

There was a brief moment in my childhood where my dad was a bit nervous because he was a bit of an entrepreneur and didn't make money for a year or two and had dwindling savings, but generally lived the life of being kind of financially secure.

但他跟我说过,Bill,你别指望从我这儿继承到什么,所以你得靠自己闯出来。

But he told me, Bill, you're never going to inherit anything from me, so you've got to make it on your own.

我觉得这对我是种激励,而且我一直都很有 entrepreneur 精神。

And I think that was motivational for me, but I was always an entrepreneur.

我一直很努力地为我的孩子们创造条件,让他们可以去追求自己真正热爱的东西。

I've worked hard to create the opportunity for my, you know, kids to pursue whatever it is that they're passionate about.

我大概也不希望他们只是为了谋生去选某条路——比如说,我会希望我女儿去当 corporate lawyer,只是因为这样能养活自己吗,哪怕那根本不是她真正想做的事?

And I probably don't want them to select something—do I want my daughter to be a corporate lawyer so that she can make a living, even if that's not what she really wants to do?

所以对我来说,重要的是他们能找到那种很有满足感、很棒的职业。

So what matters to me is they find kind of fulfilling, great careers.

不过话说回来,在条件允许的情况下,我还是希望能帮他们有能力住在 New York City,如果那是他们想住的地方。

But I, you know, on the margin, I want to help them be able to live in New York City if that's where they want to live.

而现在,要想住在 New York City,正如 VandeHei 说得很对,已经变得贵得惊人了,除非你是 corporate lawyer、investment banker,或者是非常成功的 entrepreneur。

And today, to be able to live in New York City, you know, as VandeHei has correctly said, it's become incredibly expensive unless you're a corporate lawyer or an investment banker or a really successful entrepreneur.

而且你也不能保证你的小孩将来一定会成为这几类人。

And there's no guarantee that your child's going to be one of those things.

所以,我会帮他们。

So, so I'm going to help them.
M2
M241:04

所以就是,给他们留够生活的钱,但也别留到多到让他们这辈子都不用工作。

So leave them enough to live, but not too much so that they never have to work.
M1
M141:10

我觉得,一个人去追求并建立自己的事业,努力把自己做的事情做到最好,这里面其实能获得很大的满足感。

I think you get a lot of gratification out of pursuing and building a career and, you know, being the best at whatever it is that you do.

我不觉得具体做什么有那么重要,但我确实觉得,拥有一份事业很重要。

I don't think it matters that much what it is, but I do think having a career is important.

不过,我也想说,我觉得我们这一代人在看待妈妈这个角色时,某种程度上有点贬低了它,这跟我妈妈当年抚养我们时的那个时代很不一样。

But, you know, I would also say, I think we've diminished moms in this generation in a way different from when my mom was kind of raising us as kids.

我觉得那是一件非常有价值、非常重要的事。

I think that's an incredibly worthy and important thing.

你当然可以一边当妈妈一边有自己的事业,但如果从家庭经济上可行,我觉得你就是想当个 super mom,这也完全没问题。

You can manage being a mom and having a career, but I think it's okay if you just want to be super mom, if that economically works for your family.

而且顺便说一句,这一点都不容易。

And that's, by the way, not easy.
M2
M241:45

好。

Okay.
M1
M141:45

谁要是觉得这很容易,那就完全错了。

Anyone who thinks that's easy is entirely wrong.

还有教育下一代这件事,其中很大一部分教育其实来自他们在家里的经历;家里如果有一位家长在,会带来巨大的不同。

And educating the next generation, where a lot of that education is coming from the experiences they have at home, where, you know, with a parent at home makes a huge difference.

我觉得这件事重要得不得了。

I think it's incredibly important.

你知道,我很尊重那些做出决定说,我接下来十五年就全心投入在孩子身上的人。

You know, I respect someone who's made the decision, I'm just going to devote the next 15 years to my kids.

如果你能做到,我觉得那真的很了不起。

I think that's an amazing thing if you could do it.
M2
M242:09

对。

Yeah.

还有这里面的价值。

And the worth of that.

照顾孩子、做饭、接送,所有这些,当然都是有成本、都会累积起来的。

The childcare, the cooking, the driving, all of that, of course, adds up.

这个我自己非常有体会。

Um, I know that firsthand.

这些年来,你觉得一个人不管进入什么行业,想要成功,最关键的公式是什么?

What have you found as the formula over the years that you think makes someone successful in whatever business they go into?
M1
M142:30

我觉得,一个人成功的原因,其实都是一些非常基本的东西。

I think what makes someone successful are really basic things.

上班要准时,还要愿意多做一点。

Showing up on time for work, going the extra mile.

答应了什么就做到什么,差不多就是少承诺、多交付。

Doing what you say you're going to do, kind of under-promising, over-delivering.

如果你进了某个行业工作,你就去认真研究那个行业,让自己成为那个行业里的专家,比你的同事更懂。

If you go to work in some industry, you know, you study up so you become the expert in that industry, you know, more than your, your colleagues.

这样你自然就会脱颖而出,也会被人注意到。

You'll kind of rise above and you'll be, you'll be noticed.

我记得我刚开始做 real estate 的一份工作时,我会去 50 街和第 6 大道那家 McGraw-Hill 书店,然后每天中午都在那里看 real estate 的书。

I remember when I took one of my first jobs in real estate, I went to the McGraw-Hill bookstore on 50th and 6th Avenue, and at lunch every day I would read books about real estate.

这就让我比同龄人、同事更有一点优势,因为有些东西别人要花好多年经验才能学会,我提前就知道了。

And that gave me kind of an edge versus my peers in knowing stuff that other people took years of experience to learn.

所以 AI 很厉害的一点就是,你现在完全可以让 AI 来教你,关于某个职业你需要知道的一切,以及类似那一整套东西。

So amazing thing about AI, you can just have your AI teach you, you know, everything you need to know about a particular career and that kind of composition.

所以我觉得,多做一点功课很重要;你需要知道的东西,其实都可以靠阅读学会。

So I think going, doing extra work, you know, everything you need to know, you can learn by reading.

而现在,你也可以通过 AI 来教你。

And today you can learn by your AI teaching you.

所以我觉得,以我的经验来看,最后在商业上最成功的人,未必是 IQ 最高的人。

And so I think, you know, I don't think— in my experience, it's not the person with the highest IQ that turns out to be the most successful person in business.

通常是那种大家喜欢、大家信任、工作更努力、可能也更有一点创造力,而且从不放弃的人。

It's usually the person who people like, people trust, who works harder, you know, maybe a little more creative, never gives up.

真正重要的,其实就是这些人生技能和品格层面的东西。

It's all of those kind of life skill character things are what matter.

而这些东西,你明天就可以拥有。

And you can have all of those things tomorrow.

你没法选择让自己的 IQ 变得更高,但你可以选择通过下功夫,让自己比任何人都更了解你所在的领域。

You can't choose to have a higher IQ, but you could choose to learn more about whatever your field is than anyone else by just doing the work.

你可以更努力地工作。

You can work harder.

你也可以——诚实这件事,本身就是一个选择。

You can— being honest is just a decision.

所以,你需要的所有这些品格特质,明天就都可以有。

So all of the character qualities you need, you can have tomorrow.

你只需要做出决定。

You just have to decide.
M2
M244:16

Bill,我们每期节目结束时,都会请嘉宾给听众一个最后的建议,一个大家可以直接拿去用的建议。

We end all of our episodes, Bill, by asking our guests for a final tip that listeners can take straight to the bank.

我看过你一个特别受欢迎的演讲。

You have a really popular lecture I watched.

昨晚我还又看了一部分。

Some of it again last night.

很多人都说,那比 MBA 还好。

Many say it's better than an MBA.

一共 44 分钟。

It's 44 minutes.

你用一个 lemonade stand 的例子来教大家商业知识。

Talk about a lemonade stand and you teach people about business.

如果让你把它提炼一下,里面最重要的部分是什么?

If you could distill it, what's the most important part of that?

它有 44 分钟。

It's 44 minutes.

也许你可以用 4 分钟讲完。

Maybe you could do it in 4.
M1
M144:40

第一,尽早开始投资。

One, start investing early.

每个月存下一点钱,然后投到市场里。

Put aside a little bit of money each month and invest it in the market.

如果你没时间选股票,那就投资 index fund。

If you don't have time to pick stocks, invest in an index fund.

如果你有时间自己选股票,那就投一家在自己行业里占主导地位的公司。

If you have time to pick stocks, invest in a company that's dominant in its industry.

就是那个行业里最好的公司。

It's the best company in its industry.

找那种不怎么依赖财务杠杆,而且你相信五年、十年、十五年、二十年后会比现在大得多的企业。

A company that doesn't use a lot of financial leverage and a business that you believe will be a much bigger business 5, 10, 15, 20 years from now.

还有那种不太可能被颠覆的生意,不会因为,比如说,几个刚从 Stanford University 辍出来、在车库里想出个点子的年轻人,就被干掉。

And a business that's unlikely to be disrupted by, you know, a couple of women in a garage who've just left Stanford University with some idea.

如果你这么做,而且一直坚持下去,那十年、二十年、三十年后,你会拥有更多财富。

And if you do that and you persist at that, you'll have a lot more money 10, 20, 30 years from now.

关键是要有长期视角。

The key is to have a long-term view.

因为这恰恰是你能建立竞争优势的地方,大多数投资者都非常短视,而长期主义者反而可能成为大赢家。

That's where you can have a competitive advantage, because the vast majority of investors are very short-term, and the long-term player can be the big winner.

而且这样在税务上也高效得多。

It's also much more tax efficient.

因为政府目前只有在你卖出的时候才向你征税。

The government, for now, only taxes you when you sell.

所以你随着时间积累起来的这些收益,都可以持续复利增长,中间不用把利润分出去给政府。

So all of those gains that you build up over time compound without your having to share any of the profits.

给政府。

Government.

如果你能开一个 IRA 账户,或者一个 Trump account,也就是 Trump savings account,那你的钱就可以随着时间免税复利增长,这点非常重要。

And if you can open an IRA or a Trump account, a Trump savings account, then your money can compound tax-free over time, which is very important.

对,尽可能在合法范围内少交税。

Yeah, avoid paying taxes as much as you can legally.
M2
M245:56

你是看空短期资本利得税,看多长期资本利得。

You're bearish on short-term capital gains, bullish on long-term cap gains.
M1
M146:01

对。

Yeah.