← 返回任务列表

2001年股东大会 · 股东问巴菲特:你这么爱吃甜食,胆固醇一定很高吧?

45 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 4:22
M1
M10:00

早上好,Buffett 先生,Munger 先生。

Good morning, Mr. Buffett, Mr. Munger.

我叫 Gary Radstrom,就来自咱们 River City 本地。

My name is Gary Radstrom from right here in River City.

我从九三年开始就是股东了,而且一直都特别享受这个过程。

I've been a shareholder since '93 and have loved every minute of it.

最近市面上有一种可以降低胆固醇的药。

Recently, there's been medication available to reduce cholesterol.

我的胆固醇也有点高,所以医生甚至也给我开了这个药。

My doctor even gave it to me since mine is kind of high.

Warren,每次我听到你喜欢吃什么,我都会忍不住想,你的胆固醇到底是多少。

Every time I hear what you like to eat, Warren, it makes me wonder what your cholesterol level is.

或者说,你到底会不会担心这个。

Or if you even worry about it.

我想在场的每一个人都希望你能陪我们很久很久。

I think everyone here wants you to be with us for a long time.

所以,你有没有考虑过吃这种新的降胆固醇药,来把胆固醇降下来呢?

So have you considered taking this new medication to reduce your cholesterol level?
F1
F10:39

嗯。

Yeah.

我的医生——我其实知道那个数字,只是我不记得了。

My doc— I do know the number, and I don't remember.

我的医生跟我说,我这个数值是有一点高。

My doctor tells me it's a little high.

不过如果他说只是有一点高,那就说明其实也没那么高。

But if he says it's a little high, it means it isn't that high.

因为他总是想劝我在生活里做点改变。

Because he always tries to push me into making a few changes in my life.

不过他——我有一位很棒的医生。

But he— I've got a wonderful doctor.

而且我去年也算挺走运的,因为我大概有五年没去看他了。

And I was lucky last year because I hadn't been in to see him for about 5 years.

因为——那些家伙可花钱了。

And due to— those guys cost a lot of money.
M2
M21:08

我的意思是——

I mean—.
F1
F11:08

后来纯属碰巧,因为我在外地的时候吃了另外一种药,结果有了点反应。

And due to purely an accident, a reaction to some other medicine I was given when I was out of the city.

他联系上了我,然后硬是让我不好意思不去做体检。

He got a hold of me, and then he shamed me into having a physical.

结果这真是非常走运,因为我结肠里有一个息肉,本来大概再过几年就可能出问题了。

And it was extremely lucky, because I had a polyp in the colon that would have probably caused trouble within a couple of years.

我想,如果你去问我的医生,他会希望我做一些改变,但他也会说,我的预期寿命大概还是会比一般七十岁的人好很多。

I would say that if you ask my doctor, he would want me to make a few changes, but he would also say that my life expectancy is probably a lot better than the average person of 70.

我完全没有压力,零压力。

I have no stress whatsoever, zero.

我是说,我每天都能做自己最喜欢做的事,而且身边围绕着的都是特别棒的人。

I mean, I get to do what I love to do every day, and I'm surrounded by people that are terrific.

所以,人生里那种问题对我来说根本不存在。

So that problem in life just doesn't exist for me.

抽烟啊、喝酒啊,或者——嗯,我们就说到这儿吧。

Smoke or drink or— well, we'll end it right there.

所以你知道,如果你是寿险公司的核保人,你会把我评得比平均水平好很多。

And so, you know, if you were an underwriter for a life company, you would rate me considerably better than average.

你也会觉得 Charlie 比平均水平更好。

You'd rate Charlie better than average too.

而且我相信,你知道,如果我彻底改变饮食之类的,或许在概率上会稍微有一点影响,但这种事非常不可能发生。

And I'm sure that, you know, it could change it slightly perhaps on the probabilities, you know, if I change my diet dramatically or something, but it's very unlikely to happen.

其实啊,我母亲活到八十岁的时候,你知道,决定你能活多久这件事里,最重要的因素就是你的父母活了多久。

Actually, when my mother got to be 80, you know, the most important thing in life in terms of how long you live is how long your parents live.

所以她到八十岁的时候,我就给她买了一辆健身车。

So I got her an exercise bike when she got to be 80.

她在那上面骑了四万英里。

She put 40,000 miles on it.

我还告诉她要注意饮食,做这些各种各样的事。

I told her to watch her diet and do all these things.

我的意思是,她活到了九十二岁,所以,你知道,她自己也尽了那一份力。

And I mean, she lived to be 92, so, you know, she did her share.

我送她那辆健身车,也算是帮她做到这一点,所以——我觉得那时候这也提高了我的胜算。

I helped her do it by giving her the exercise bicycle, so that—I think that improved my odds at that point.

Charlie?

Charlie?
M2
M23:13

对,我想推荐一本书,这本书对所有担心 Warren 健康和寿命的股东都会很有帮助,书名叫 Genome,作者是 Matt Ridley,他多年来一直是《The Economist》杂志的科学编辑。

Yeah, I have a book recommendation which will be very helpful to all shareholders that worry about Warren's health and longevity, and that's this book called Genome by Matt Ridley, who was for years the science editor of The Economist magazine.

如果 Ridley 说得对,那 Warren 的预期寿命会非常长。

And if Ridley is right, Warren has a very long life expectancy.

那些给别人制造压力、而不是自己承受压力的人之间,有一些非常有意思的关联性。

There are very interesting correlations between people who cause stress to others instead of suffering it themselves.

而 Warren 从我认识他以来,就一直处在这种位置上。

And Warren has been in that position ever since I've known him.

Ridley 引用的那些数据有意思得惊人。

And the figures that Ridley quotes are awesomely interesting.

这是一本非常棒的书。

It is a fabulous book.

当然,我推荐的是一本畅销书,不过机场里都在卖。

Of course, I'm recommending a bestseller, but they're selling it in the airport.

它叫 Genome,如果你认同这本书里的科学观点,你就会对 Warren 的未来感觉非常安心。

It's called Genome, and you'll feel very good about Warren's future if you agree with the science of the book.
F1
F14:22

八区。

Zone 8.