← 返回任务列表

2008年股东大会 · 值得深思的问题:为什么大部分人的潜力大大好过TA的现实?

54 段 · 3 位说话人 · 原片 5:18
F1
F10:01

下午好。

Good afternoon.

下午好。

Good afternoon.

我是 Elizabeth Babb,来自 Florida 的 Apopka。

I'm Elizabeth Babb from Apopka, Florida.

非常感谢你们给我这个这么棒的机会,让我能学到更多财经方面的知识,同时还能度过一段特别愉快的时光。

I would like to thank you for this wonderful opportunity to learn so much more about finances and at the same time have a wonderful time.

真的很有意思。

It's been fun.
M1
M10:22

那太好了。

That's great.
F1
F10:24

我在 Florida 的 Orlando 的 Valencia Community College 教书。

I teach at Valencia Community College in Orlando, Florida.

我教 office administration 和 business。

I teach office administration and business.

我很赞赏我的学生们通过上大学来投资自己。

I applaud my students for investing in themselves by enrolling in college.

我也想强调 financial independence 和 financial freedom。

I also want to stress financial independence and financial freedom.

我是通过告诉他们,稳扎稳打的人最后会赢,来做到这一点的。

I do this by telling them that slow and steady wins the race.

谢谢。

Thank you.

还有,良好而稳健的财务管理,以及 reciprocity principle。

Also, good, sound financial management, and then the law of reciprocity.

为了引导他们做出稳健的财务决策,拥有幸福而稳健的财务生活,我还应该做些什么?

What else should I be doing to lead them to make sound financial decisions and to have a happy, sound financial life?
M2
M21:29

我现在就想把你整个班都雇下来。

I'm ready to hire your entire class right now.

嗯,我觉得你刚才说的——你给了我们一些非常好的建议。

Well, I think you're telling—you're giving us some very good advice.

我认为你能做的最重要的一项投资,就是投资你自己。

I think that the most important investment you can make is in yourself.

我是说,真正能把自己潜在的 horsepower 转化成现实生活中实际产出的 horsepower 的人,非常非常非常少。

I mean, very, very, very few people get anything like their potential horsepower translated into the actual horsepower of their output in life.

对很多人来说,潜力和现实实现之间的差距大得惊人。

Potential exceeds realization to just an enormous factor with so many people.

还有,我——有一个例子你可以在班上试试。我跟高中生讲话的时候会这么说。我会告诉他们,假设你现在十六岁,而我今天要送你一辆你自己选的车,任何你想要的车都行。

And I—one illustration you might try with your class, I tell them this when I talk to high school groups. I tell them, just imagine that you're 16 and I was going to give you a car of your choice today, any car you wanted to pick.

但是,这里面有一个条件。

And, but there was one catch attached to it.

那就是,这会是你这一辈子唯一能拥有的一辆车,所以你必须让它一直撑到最后。

It was the only car you were going to get in the rest of your life, so you had to make it last there.

你可以挑你最想要、最豪华的那种,Maserati,或者别的什么都可以。

You can pick out the fanciest one you want, a Maserati, whatever it might be.

那你会怎么对待它?

How would you treat it?

嗯,当然,你在拧动点火钥匙之前,肯定会先把用户手册读上五遍。

Well, of course you would read the owner's manual about five times before you turned the key in the ignition.

你会把它放在车库里。

You'd keep it garaged.

哪怕有一点点锈迹,你也会立刻处理。

Any little rust you would get taken care of immediately.

你换机油的频率会比规定的还要勤快,甚至多一倍。

You'd change the oil twice as often as you were supposed to.

因为你知道,它得陪你用一辈子。

Because you know it has to last a lifetime.

然后我会告诉学生们,你也只有一个身体和一个头脑,它们也得陪你一辈子,所以你最好也用同样的方式对待它们,而且你最好现在就开始好好对待它们,因为等你到了五十岁、六十岁再去担心这些,就没什么用了——那时候那一点点锈斑,早就已经变成大问题了。

And then I tell the students, and you get one body and one mind, and it's going to have to last you a lifetime, and you better treat it the same way, and you better start treating it right now, because it doesn't do you any good to start worrying about that when you're 50 or 60 and the rust, that little speck of rust, has turned into something big.

所以,你的学生不管做什么,只要是在投资自己的头脑和身体,尤其是头脑。

So anything your students do to invest in their mind and body, particularly your mind.

我们这边倒是没怎么在身体这方面下太大功夫。

We didn't work too hard on the bodies around here.

不过,你知道,这都是有回报的。

But, you know, it pays off.

而且这个回报是非常惊人的。

It pays off in an extraordinary way.

你最好的资产就是你自己,而且你在非常大的程度上,可以成为你想成为的那种人。

Your best asset is your own self, and you can become, to an enormous degree, the person you want to be.

我在大学里上课的时候,我就让他们想象一下:如果他们要买下某个同学未来一生百分之十的权益,他们会选谁?

When I give classes in universities, I just ask them to imagine they were going to buy one of their classmates to own 10% of for the rest of their life, which one would they pick?

他们不会选那个 IQ 最高的人,或者,呃,也不一定会选成绩最好的人。

They wouldn't pick the one with the highest IQ or, uh, necessarily the one with the highest grades.

他们会选那个真正做事有效、靠谱的人。

They pick the person that's going to be effective.

而人之所以有效,是因为别人愿意跟他们一起做事。

And the reason people are effective is because other people want to work with them.

别人想跟他们相处,想待在他们身边。

They want to, they want to be around them.

而有些人,别人就是不想待在他们身边。

And other people they don't want to be around.

这些就是一个人培养出来的品质——慷慨、有幽默感、守时、多承担一点,不把功劳算得比自己应得的更多,反而少算一点,还愿意去帮助别人。

And those are qualities that an individual picks up—being generous, being humorous, being on time, doing more than your share, not claiming credit for more than you do, but rather less than you do, helping out other people.

各种各样会让别人喜欢、欣赏的人性品质。

All kinds of human qualities that turn other people on.

当然,也有一些会让人反感的东西,而那些其实就是习惯。

And then there's things that turn people off, and those are habits.

而这些习惯,恰恰就是在他们和你的学生现在这个年纪时养成的。

And they're the habits that you pick up when they're the age of your students.

他们今天拥有的习惯会跟随他们一辈子,所以为什么不从现在就养成好习惯呢?

The habits they have today will follow them throughout life, so why not have good ones?

所以,这就是我唯一想传达给你学生的信息。

So that's the only message I would give to your students.
M1
M14:24

嗯,我这儿有一个很具体的建议,正好可以回答你那个很具体的问题。

Well, I've got a specific suggestion that answers your specific question.

我想在你已经很丰富的课程内容里再加上一项:教他们怎么避免被商家和贷款方用那些行业里的标准套路操纵,最后吃亏的是自己。

I would add to that extensive repertoire of yours by teaching them to avoid being manipulated to their disadvantage by vendors and by lenders using the standard tricks of the vendor and lender trade.

而且要学这个,没有比 Cialdini 的《Influence》更好的入门书了。

And you couldn't start with a better book than Cialdini's Influence.

我想,身为股东的 Bob Cialdini 今天应该也在现场的某个地方。

And I think Bob Cialdini, who's a shareholder, is here somewhere in this audience.

所以我建议你给你的课程加一本新教材,就是 Cialdini 的《Influence》。

And so I have a new textbook that I suggest you add to your class, which is Cialdini's Influence.

而且他还有一本新书刚要出版,我想今天也是第一次在 Omaha 开卖,书名叫《Yes!》。

And he's just got a new book that's coming out and for sale in Omaha today, I think, for the first time, and that's called Yes!

所以,这两本书我都建议你加进你的课程里。

So here's two books that I suggest you add to your class.