← 返回任务列表

1998年股东大会 · 巴菲特与芒格给青少年的理财建议

36 段 · 2 位说话人 · 原片 3:25
F1
F10:00

我叫 Sheena Cho,来自 Academy of Finance。

My name is Sheena Cho from the Academy of Finance.

对于我们这些青少年来说,您会给我们什么建议,让我们为未来做好准备,也能像您一样成功呢?

What recommendations would you give us as teenagers to prepare for our future and become as successful as you?
M1
M10:16

嗯,如果你对商业感兴趣,我肯定觉得你应该尽可能多学一些 accounting。

Well, if you're interested in business, I definitely think you ought to learn all the accounting you can.

到你二十出头的时候。

By the time you're in your early 20s.

Accounting 就是商业的语言。

Accounting is the language of business.

当然,这并不意味着它是一种完美的语言,所以你也得了解这门语言的局限性,以及,嗯,它的各个方面。

Now, that doesn't mean it's a perfect language, so you have to know the limitations of that language as well as, well, all aspects of it.

所以我会建议你学 accounting;另外,不管是做兼职还是别的什么,也要去几家不同的企业里工作。

So I would advise you to learn accounting, and I would advise you to be, in terms of part-time employment or anything else, work in a number of businesses.

要培养你未来判断企业的能力,没有什么比亲眼看看一家企业是怎么运作的更有用了。

There's nothing like seeing how business operates to build your judgment in the future about businesses.

就是,你知道,当你明白了什么样的事情竞争特别激烈,什么样的事情竞争没那么激烈,以及为什么会这样,这些都会增加你的知识。

The, you know, when you understand what kind of things are very competitive and what kind of things are less competitive and why that works that way, all of that adds to your knowledge.

所以,如果你对投资感兴趣,我会去做大量阅读。

So I would do a lot of reading if you're interested in investments.

我会,第一,去上 accounting 的课程。

I would, A, I would take the accounting courses.

我会读很多关于投资的东西。

I do a lot of reading about investments.

我还会尽可能多积累一些商业经验。

And I would get as much business experience.

我会跟那些在做生意的人聊商业,弄清楚他们觉得自己的业务是靠什么运转起来的,或者他们遇到了什么问题,以及为什么会有这些问题。

I would talk business with people that are in business to find out what they think makes their operation tick or where they have problems and why.

我觉得就是到处都尽量去吸收、去学习;如果这件事真的让你兴奋,你就会做得很好。

I just think you just kind of sop it up every place that you can, and if it turns you on, you'll do well in it.

我的意思是,我觉得,不同的人会被不同的事情吸引;但如果你对商业有兴趣,我猜你会做得不错。

I mean, I think that if it, you know, there are certain activities grab different people, but if business is of interest to you, my guess is you'll do well.

而且如果你真的懂商业,你也就懂投资。

And if you do, if you understand business, you understand investments.

投资本质上不过是从资本配置角度做商业决策。

Investments are simply business decisions in terms of capital.

对,另外还有一件小事,就是少花钱。

Yeah, there's also the little matter of underspending.

把这个练会。

Mastered.

对,你要是一直坚持这么做,真的很有效。

Yes, that really works if you keep at it.

对,这是真的。

Yeah, that's true.

我的意思是,Charlie 和我都是——Charlie 是很快就开始接连有孩子了。

I mean, Charlie and I both— Charlie started having children at a rapid rate.

所以他——而且他那时候是个律师,可在那个年代做律师还赚不到什么大钱。

So he— and he was a lawyer when there was not big money in it then.

但我呢——你在走入社会、开始成家之前存下来的任何钱,后来大概都值十倍;任何一美元,后来可能都值十美元,原因很简单,因为那时候你存得下来。

But I was— any money you save before you get out and start having a family is probably worth— any dollar is probably worth $10 later on simply because you can save it.

最适合存钱的时候就是年轻的时候,而且你以后再也不会有比这更好的存钱时机了。

It's the time to save is young, and you'll never have a better time to save.

嗯,尤其是在、在组建家庭之前,嗯,嗯,因为到那时候各种开销就会跟着来,不管你愿不愿意。

Uh, than really pre, pre-formation of a family, uh, uh, because the expenditures come along then, uh, whether you like them or not.

所以我觉得,你知道,先为自己工作,把钱先存起来。

So I, you know, work for yourself first and, and put the money aside.

我在这方面算是很幸运。

I was lucky that way.

我上大学不用自己掏学费。

I didn't have to pay for my own college.

如果上大学得我自己掏钱的话,我大概就不会去上大学了。

Probably wouldn't have gone to college if I'd had to pay for it.

不过,嗯,不过我,你知道,我十几岁时赚到的钱基本都能存下来,而那些钱后来增值了很多。

But, uh, but I, you know, I was able to save everything, uh, I made in my teens, and those dollars got magnified quite a bit.

可等到我刚开始卖 securities 的时候,我是说,那时候我赚的钱,很大一部分都得拿去应付家里的各种开销。

Whereas the money I— when I started first selling securities, I mean, that— the money I made then was taken up by family needs to quite an extent.

所以,要早点开始存钱。

So start saving early.

反正很多东西本来就是习惯,能养成这个习惯是非常好的。

A lot of it's habit anyway, so it's a great habit to have.

好,一区,请。

Okay, zone 1, please.